Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Romi Jade Feedback

I've really gotten into Romi lately, and have been writing since August. She's still fairly new but I would love to see what others think of her as a character so far. She's been a WIP as I go which is a process i'm liking compared to how I usually plan things; I did that with Sochi.

Probably not a lot to speak to but if anyone has read some of her stuff or actually written or is currently writing with her then i'd like to hear what you think or would like to see. It'll help me during my development of her.

Thanks!

[member="Romi Jade"]

Romi,

From our first iteractions IC I had fun. I like how you write her, a more thougthful and careful Jedi. Almost like a straight Sentinel. I'd like to see more of Romi's presence around the board in open threads. How does she handle situations she just happens to be in the middle of?

Also I love your posting style. It is well written and you always have a neat graphic. Love the graphics.

Overall 9/10. Always room for improvement.

[member="Karren Trask"]

Thank you! I’ve been sort of classifying her as a Sentinel so funny you mentioned that. I’ll definitely take your advice and see more about throwing her into some crap.

Hopefully we get to thread more when some of these current ones die down!

Romi is unique. She stands out above the crowd by not trying to stand out. Most people seek power and glory, even among the Jedi. Romi seeks herself. She had the grandmastership of the Jedi Order but chose to establish a council and thrn step down from the Order all together. That is beyond abnormal. However, this is why she is a great character. On top of this, even as she seeks who she is, she still fights for others. Selflessness is not something to sneeze at.

Plus you write well and you already know I like Romi. She's a grest character and you're a grest writer.

[member="Romi Jade"]

[member="Kamon Vondiranach"]

Thank you!

I'm trying to just see where it all goes...

Romi has developed naturally. I find it more interesting now to play her than before. I never thought she'd get this far

[member="Romi Jade"]

While we haven't interacted much Icly, I've always been a fan on the character and the way you speak of her it seems like you are having a good time. :) And that is the most important thing. I look forward to our future interactions.

May the force be with you.

[member="Romi Jade"]

It's a little surprising I haven't posted to this once already, though now I have more to be able to say I suppose, compared to back when you had first started to play Romi as a Jedi Knight of TJO, and Veiere's former Apprentice.

It's always been a privilege to thread with you, and I was stoked that you wanted her to have had such a history with Veiere. Back then, I wondered how it'd work given that we never actually role-played the apprenticeship between the two (and it was a surprise to some), but we made it work!

Since then, Romi watched as the Jedi were built up around her on Deneba, then moved to Mon Cal for a time just before Veiere's fall to the Dark-Side and his attack on what remained of the Deneba Enclave. This coupled with Romi's turn in alignment today, I feel, gives the two Characters so much more to be able to relate to.

As far as actual feedback goes, I feel like you're playing her fall from grace out well. You're taking your time and not becoming a show pony about it. Romi's doubts and emotional fragility has been hinted at often over the year (Or more?) that you've been playing her and our last thread when she confronted Veiere in his exile was considerably more emotional/volatile than he's ever seen of her before. It felt very much like she was on the edge, walking a fine line between Jedi and Renegade at the time.

All I can say is that I hope we continue to see more of her, and that I manage to get some personal time in with her, having had Veiere go through a similar story-line that I admittedly failed to play out, as long as I had hoped for. Take your time and enjoy this new path. Explore the In-Character drama's and enjoy the emotional roller-coaster that is a Jedi fallen to the Dark-Side...-And then at the end of the day, give us a way to bring her back.

...-Because #TeamLightside lol.

When I first joined the board writing as Romi's apprentice after she took over from the characters past master was some of the most fun I had writing. What you've written and built up with Romi over the time since I've joined has been a great read with the subtle hints of her darkness now coming to fruition. I can't wait to see where you take her story next!

As requested, here’s my feedback, and I'll do my best to keep it brief as well as on track. Hopefully.

I’ll start this off with my thoughts on the character herself - as that’s the most accessible information I have, without opening a dozen tabs.

Yes, I’m lazy, so sue me. :p

However, I believe that Romi Jade, and her author, have done an amazing job sticking to the Fallen Jedi archetype and taking it for a unique spin. While we have seen Jedi falling prey to Sith Poison in the past here on Chaos, and in canon, I believe how it’s affected Romi’s overarching narrative was better represented - as her thoughts, mannerisms, outward appearance, and relationships with former comrades changed in their entirety. It’s something that looms over everything and has yet to seemingly vanish - as it has with other Authors who treat their character’s alignment like an ever-moving slider.

In addition to her constant battle against this affliction, the character herself has a set of wonderful advantages and disadvantages that actually would affect how she interacts with the “living” world around her. With people making character’s that have amazing character traits, but having the only negative being that they’re stubborn, or bad tempered? Seeing things like Myopia is refreshing.

Although stating that may be a bit biased, as I myself am nearsighted. Nevertheless, props to you Romi for foregoing cybernetic enhancement to correct that weakness.

When it comes to the layout of the Biography, I’m always a fan of your presentation and artwork. No, I’m not just saying that because you made this account’s avatar. It’s very rare to see someone missing several fields in their biography, but having them visually represented instead. When I look at your profile - I know exactly what Romi looks like and what her voice sounds like. Both of those factors alone may not account for everything, but through them - Romi’s profile is nice and lean. It gives you what you want, without an oversaturation of details like my character sheet has become.

Had I the money and time on my hands? I’d honestly do the exact same thing. Or, at least something very similar.

As narrative fluff ties into the next portion of my feedback, I have to say that your posts as Romi Jade as a refreshing dip into the character’s mind. Much like your profile, your posts are more than enough to set the scene and carry the narrative forward; which are the very antithesis of what I dump out once in a blue moon. While I am a fan of the longer posts, because of all that juicy narrative fluff - yours are akin to a delicious micro meal that I helplessly keep coming back for more. So, I hope you continue on writing Romi for as long as she holds your interest - as I like what you’re putting down.

Plus, I’m greedy and always want something new to read. >:3

Without further adieu, I figure it’s high time to round this little review/feedback post out by deflating that ego I’ve built up. Who am I kidding, I can’t do that as we’ve never had a negative interaction before. I believe you’ve kept Romi on the right track, and am looking forward to seeing where this path takes her. Will she return to the light after somehow purging herself of her affliction? Or will she descend further into Bogan’s embrace?

Either way? Keep at it. You're doing great.

| [member="Romi Jade"] |​

A man can change his stars
I thought you had one of these! Finally I can give you some feedback!

Anyways, I will break this up a little bit.

Writer:
I have always enjoyed talking to you on a personal, or a writer/writer level. You take time to talk to those who you are Roleplaying with to make sure you are both on the same page, and are extremely open out it. Even telling people/myself that if anything needs fixed or if we have questions you are more than willing to ask. I will admit I have in the past just so then I can get the full page on whatever we are writing, but to say the least, you are open, and willing to communicate. Plus, you are just a good person over all. I enjoy the time I have spend under you as an apprentice with Kale, and I hope to spend more time with you.

Writing:
Your writing style is good, and clearly defined. Its concise and clearly has thought. Not ramblings or just late night pushes. You make the quality matter over quantity. Which is what this site is all about. Having posts that mean more than what they actually are. You hit this on the head very often and I don't think I have had a post of yours which I didn't want to, or was not excited to read and then reply too.

Character:
Romi, I feel is a very thought out and well played character. My entire idea on how people should play a character is that there is a Starting point, but there is no end point. There is only "During." You shouldn't play a character to get to one goal that is easy to reach or whatever. Because once they do that, they have no other purpose. Instead, write someone who has many goals, or ideas or propositions that you could follow. And I feel that Romi, has been written like this. She trained under a Master, and when they left, Romi was thrust into very difficult situations physically, emotionally and spiritually. It changed who she is to what she is now. She always has to fight. For one reason or another. Not because she "wants to be the best." but because she is trying to train others (Like myself), Defend people, Stop the bad guys, what have you.

She has, pun intended, character driven motives other than the a-typical ones. She is a Damaged person, trying to seek a way to either bring herself back together, and/or preventing others from being broken by the same means.

[member="Romi Jade"],

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom