Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Rising Sun Jetpack

Status
Not open for further replies.
jetpack.jpg

Image Source: Dark Void
Intent: To create a jetpack for the market that is top of the line and more modern.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: Carrison Tech and Fashion
Model: (EE-11 "Rising Sun" Jetpack.
Affiliation: Independent
Modularity: No
Production: Minor
Material:
  • Durasteel
  • Titanium
Role: Personal Transport/Scout
Height: 50cm (Top cap - Thruster)
Length: 40cm (Left thruster - Right thruster)
Width: 12 cm (Person's back - outer shell)
Weight: 3.5 kgs
Minimum Crew: One
Optimal Crew: Personal jetpack.... one.
Propulsion: Repulsorlifts (X3), Liquid fuel thrusters (X3)
Top Speed: Planetary travel - 250 kmph in short bursts. 150kmph continued use, Void/Space travel - 500kmph
Armaments: Houses two Anti-Ship/Vehicle Rockets - One in each side thruster.
Squadron Count: Um personal use. Unless you really want to make jumper squads...... 15
Passenger Capacity: Maybe one considering the person's strength and weight comparisons.
Cargo Capacity: However much the person can hold.
Misc. Equipment: Can come with an equipped helmet that tells speed, has a GPS and an air tank up to 1.5 hours.
Description:
A generalized Jetpack for the use of Civilians, Bounty hunters, and possible contracts with factions. Due to it's size on a person's body and the extra weight on their back, the individual will either need training to use it properly, or have prior knowledge to use such a device. Made out of Durasteel to prevent from people shooting you down, it has slight blaster and slugthrower resistances to it. (anything larger than a blaster rifle with punch through.) As well, with this equipped, nothing else can be stored on the back as the heat from the thrusters can burn objects. as well, you don't want your feet to get in the way. It has an overall jetpack use of about 15 hours of flight with sustained activity. And will have about 25 hours if used in space. Because of the less resistances in space, or the void, speeds can reach up to double of that on a standard gravity planet.

The use of repulsorlifts is when in space. Sometimes when fuel runs out, or the thrusters malfunction, you can still use the jetpack to some degree in space. However, the fastest allowed will be around 50 kmph. The repulsarlifts can not be used in gravity as they are smaller than those placed on a speeder, as well considering the size of the jetpack to the person using it, the weight is too great for someone over 45kgs to use when in gravity.

Uhm, not sure if I'm correct on my thoughts on this or not, but shouldn't this be in the technology factory, rather than posted as a vehicle..?

[member="Darth Sinna"], Because this is considered a form of transportation, I put it in here. As well, the needed areas to be filled are in this section. Not in the Technology section. There are no Speed or vehicle like needed items in the Tech.

[member="Xander Carrick"]
I understand, it's just a sort of awkward situation to be put in for scenarios like this. (A jetpack is considered equipment, as far as I am aware, and having it mashed together with a vehicle section makes it seem kind of strange, but that could just be me.)

Regardless, I don't see any real big issues with this (though I did have to think about the speed for a little bit).
Pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom