Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reunion and Training

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Emilié Madowki"] [member="Shakk Awaud"] [member="Vina Zomo"]

Jaster had finally returned to his home, the Barenth Medical Station, above the planet Monastery. It was a beautiful station, a relic of the Clone Wars and restored by members of his guild. This was a sanctuary for thousand of refugees and injured to find proper treatment and health care. He had returned from a resupply mission that started in Tatooine and then from roomers and tales he journeyed to another relic base, Silver Station. There he received most of the new supplies and more, such as weapons and ships. Jaster loved this station, but he missed his daughter more, it had been 3 whole months without seeing her.

He then remembered that one of the force user children he rescued were being transported to the station. This was an existing day, but then he remembered, the meeting was also this week. The single most important meeting of the guild, the Monestary Convention, 6 representative of the largest galactic factions were going to be there. There was time of course, so he planed to spend it with the people he meet with on Tatooine. He walked over to one of the many medical bays near the medical hanger, there weren't many refugees today. This was probably because of the now many sporadic camps.

He noticed the girl and the assassin waiting outside one of the medical rooms, she must have been just checked out.

Vina Zomo

Best Karking Healer. Ever.
[member="Shakk Awaud"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Emilié Madowki"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Vina walked quickly through the hallways, tapping away at a datapad while a younger Healer tried to keep pace. "Head Healer Zomo, you really must calm down. You have been stressing yourself for days, and by the time the convention comes around you might not be able to concentrate fully!"

The Devaronian looked up briefly from the datapad, where she'd been perusing the information again and again. "Healer Fruz, I assure you I'm not going to drop dead. And if I do, I'll make sure Jaster and Lauren give me a fitting funeral."

The healer gave her an exasperated look. "But--"

She stopped suddenly, turning to face the young healer. Placing a comforting hand on his shoulder, Vina stopped his protests. "I'll be fine, I promise. I've handled worse things than this. Just trust me, alright?" Fruz nodded hesitantly, and the woman beamed at him. "Good. Now, would you mind checking on Room 221B? There's an older gentleman there who was having some heart problems. His reports say he's doing better, but even so I want you to make sure. Thank you!"

As the healer left, the Devaronian did an about-face and caught sight of her quartermaster. "Ah, Jaster!" she called out, hurrying towards him. "How are things going so far? One of my minions said a young child and an adult were being transferred here?" Her eyes then found the girl and the man. "Are those two them?"

[member="Vina Zomo"]

Ahh, yes his very successful and rough boss, Vina Zomo. She hired him some years back to head up commanding refugee camps in secret and she was always a tough on him and his men. He rose through the ranks and became an admiral and Quartermaster, now he was stuck behind a desk. Not a fitting posistion for a Mandalorian, but one he accepted and took a lot of responsibility. Once the guild became public once again he took the brunt of the responsabilty, she had enough on her plate.

After that, Jaster became known as the "Den Mother", because he cared way too much for others posistions. He looked up from the two he was with, "Ahh, nice to see you as well, boss lady," Jaster smiled in his useral dumb grin, "yes they are, I found them both on Tatooine, payed for their freedom and didn't kill anyone, this time!"

Jaster really pushed on the "This Time" part of the sentence as he was prone to hurting people if they got on his bad drunk side. Not his fault, he was a mandalorian after all.

Yuroic looked around the medical facility and scratched the back of his head. He had travelled a long way from Nar Shaddaa and part of him just wanted to return to that smuggler's moon once more but he had a duty to this young girl, he swore to protect her and he was determined to do so.

He pulled his cloak off and wrapped it around Emilié as he knew she would be much colder now that she was away from the boiling hot desert, the only temperature she had ever know. Yuroic watched as a woman rushed down the hallway, glued to her datapad much like Jaster was to his. He watched them greet as he ruffled his black hair, a growl came from his throat as he interrupted their conversation.

"I didn't need to be freed. I'm not a slave, I'm here tovmake sure that Emilié is okay and safe." He said before he scratched the back of his neck in nervousness. He had never been in a situation like this before, and meeting so many new people but him on edge.

@Emilié Madowski | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Vina Zomo"]

"Thank you." she said, grabbing [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]'s hand. He was very thoughtful and she was grateful for it. It was cold out here, a feeling she hadn't felt often.

She was nervous being away from home for the first time and being away from her home planet. Although she hated the planet, it was all she ever knew. There were lots of strangers here that made her feel on edge, but the two men that accompanied her were too kind for gratitude to mean anything.

"Is it going to be this cold everywhere?" she asked, having never been on a ship or to other planets.

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Vina Zomo"]

Vina Zomo

[member="Shakk Awaud"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Emilié Madowki"] | [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

"No deaths? What a relief!" A sly smile made its way onto her face. "You've been trained well, Jaster. Remind me to get Lauren to offer you a cookie as your reward."

Then the man interrupted, sounding a tad hostile -- but his body language suggested this was more due to nervousness. For a moment, Vina's eyebrows knitted together in worry. Has he had a bad experience with hospitals before? she wondered. If that's the case I'm certainly going to make his stay better.

"My friend, I assure you this is one of the best places for her to be both safe and okay." And it was true -- even with the convention not yet upon them, there was no reason for any faction to attack the Guild.

Vina then looked down at the girl. "You came from Tatooine, right?" She grimaced companiably. "Unfortunately, no place can match the heat of Tatooine. If you'd like, I can have someone fetch you more blankets." Letting out a faint hum, the Devaronian tapped her chin. "The Garden might be warm enough to make you comfortable, too."

[member="Vina Zomo"] [member="Emilié Madowki"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Jaster took that less then an insult as Vina was often quite the joker when within the walls of the station. This was almost true with all the members on the station. Jaster was immune to almost all natural weather, his armor which he always wear had a temperature monitor that kept his body at a constant regulated temperature. He felt for the girl, Tatooine was a hot place, he would help with the move of the girl.

"Don't worry little one, we are just here to help," he looked at the young man, "I'm hopping you will accompany her, I'm trusting her safty to you as well as the medical staff here."

[member="Emilié Madowki"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Vina Zomo"]

Yuroic rubbed the cloak that was draped over Emilie's shoulders as he nodded to the Mandalorian. His eyes were deeply serious as he felt vulnerable without his breathing mask to protect his identity. He looked between the two people as he scratched his chin slowly, thinking on what he was about to say as his eyes gazed over the sterile medical facility.

I said I wouldn't leave Emilie until she was with a Jedi, Sith or requests me to. I am not looking to join the Sith or the Jedi so I am unlikely to stay after she has chosen her path. He looked down to Emilie with a warm smile I think somewhere like the Garden might be a bit better for you if you wish to go there, I will follow.

"So it is this cold everywhere..." she sighed and smiled up at [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. "You're too kind, why are you doing this?" she asked, out of curiosity rather than patronising him.

"Aren't Siths bad?" she asked innocently. Emilie nodded at the suggestion and made her way to the garden. It was warmer out there but as [member="Vina Zomo"] had said, no place can match the heat of Tatooine.

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

He chuckled as he looked to the girl, as he winked to her he spoke in a warm soothingly voice to her. "It will be fine, you will adapt to the colder climates." He walked in the Gardens and fill the goosebumps on his skins shrink as he adjusted to the warmer weather.

"Sith? Who said they were bad? I think you need to wait before you think on that. Just focus on getting yourself stronger." He smiled warmly to her as he thought on why he was being so protective, so caring to this girl compared to the other slaves. "I honestly don't know why I am here but I am not going to leave you now."

[member="Emilié Madowki"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

"I hope so. I don't want to depend on hot climates." she said, looking around. It seemed so much nicer here but then again she'd only seen sand all of her life.

"I've heard that the Sith are bad, from Jedi and other travellers on Tatooine. I heard that they use their gift for the wrong reasons and that they are very selfish." she said, glancing up at [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. She frowned. "Stronger? I'm not weak."

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

[member="Emilié Madowki"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Vina Zomo"]

Jaster let out a chuckle, it was a large mans chuckle and so was loud but not disruptive. It had been some years since Jaster was called a Sith, more since he heard people spoke ill of them. Jaster followed the group to the gardens and enjoyed how the two younger ones climbed to one another. 'Oh what it felt to be young' he though to himself.

"Do not alarm yourself child, you are in a neutral facility as you are an uninfluenced force user and other alliend force users can come near you till you agree to it." Jaster made those rules himself, they were to protect the uninfluenced from corruption of others. Only members of the guild could teach the child until she made the dission to leave. This would upset the many force user factions, but kept the balance the Guild used in harmony as they do not force ideas into others.

Jaster led the child to the section of garden with the Pommwomm, Jaster remembered reading that the aroma from the plant would relax those aren't it. It would hopefully ease them into a calm state so they may continue with their conversation.

"This is Head Healer Vina Zomo, she heads this facility and all integration of personel that are force users, my daughter [member="Shakk Awaud"] will be joining us later to assit with your basic force skill training." Jaster still smiled at the girl as he was happy to see his daughter again before she leaves for another expedition to search for the skills needed to be a Force Healer.

He heard Jaster laugh bloisterly as he guided them through the gardens of this medical facility. Yuroic gently caressed the plant life that surrounded them, taking in their scent and feeling the calming affects of the flowers as he looked to Emilié. He had been told the same of the Sith when he made been among the Jedi so he understood her concerns of them.

"The Sith aren't inheritly bad, there can be, are, good Sith. But nothing with the Force is as Black and White as the Jedi wish it to be. The Sith can do good just they have been know not to take the kindest of path. But the Jedi aren't inheritly good, thousands of years ago their inactions nearly destroyed the Republic, killing thousands." He explained, he wasn't swayed either way, he believed both had their merits that matched their problems.

"And I never implied you were weak but living a slave life doesn't leave you in the fittest, healthiest mentality and physically. But also your strength with the Force, like mine, isn't the strongest it can be, will be. You need to rest and unfortunately choose the course of your future. It's a big ask but it is an ask that needs an answer, same happened to me." He sighed, the pressure on this poor girl was unbelievable but then it always when it came to newly discovered Force Users, whether it was on them or on their parents it was a near impossible ask he found.

[member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] | [member="Emilié Madowki"]

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Emilié Madowki"] [member="Vina Zomo"]

The station was relaxing to the many planets she visited during her solo training. Her expedition had brough a lot of knowlage and experience to her belt. She loved this station, never did she miss it while she was gone, but stepping onto it had a rush of feelings. This was her home, and would always stay that way. Her father and Vina requested her as she had already mastered the basic understanding of the force while on her journey. There was a girl from Tatooine she was to assist along with use her connections at the jedi academy to help her find a master.

She was directed by the guards to head to the garden, and since Vina was directing them she was not surprised. She loved the garden as most people, but Vina was often seen as overly exsited when visiting the garden. Then again, if she was stuck behind a desk all day she be happy to do anything. She entered the garden and saw the few people there, her father was not very hard to miss, "Tall Mandobear," she whispered.

"Hello station dwellers!" She stated with a large grin across her face.

Emilié smiled at [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]. "You're really giving me training?" she asked, astounded. "But why? Why me?" she asked as a genuine question rather than in a derogatory manner.

"That may be, but I've seen more Sith involved in slave trade than Jedi, and it's not really something I admire.." she said, glancing at [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]. She listened to him for a moment before realising that now she actually had a future and she actually had a choice in it. The girl zoned out for a moment, lost in thought. She had never thought about a future.

Emilié looked up when she noticed a girl, maybe four or five years older than herself. She smiled shyly at the new person who she assumed would be the Mandalorian's daughter.

[member="Shakk Awaud"]

He chuckled at her surprised that she was being chosen to be taught. He knew why, she was young, impressionable and she needed the training to control her powers otherwise she could become dangerous without realising it. He listened to her on her opinion on what the Sith do and the Jedi don't, he acknowledged that the Sith do get into slavery while the Jedi oppose it. Yes, that is true but then look at it like this. No Jedi saved you on Tatoonine, they ignored you on there with false promises to save you. While the Sith do get into the slave trade, we must accept that slavery is a large part of certain planets economy. Though I am fully against it myself, I do not condone others who own slaves, perhaps those slaves want to be slaves unlike you.

He shrugged off his thoughts eventually, he saw her as a Jedi long ago but he hated the indoctrination that the Jedi seemed to have on the view of Sith. It felt tainted, as harmful as killing someone. He turned when he heard the voice and smiled to the lady, he bowed his head somewhat in greeting to her. Hello I'm Yuroic Xeraic. Who might you be? He smiled politely as he extended a hand to shake hers.

[member="Emilié Madowki"] | [member="Shakk Awaud"] | [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

[member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Emilié Madowki"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"] [member="Vina Zomo"]

The man aproched her, she was a shy person, but inside the walls of the station, she was a diffrent person. These were the walls that freed her from her sadness when she lost her parents. The healers here were more family then friends, and they all knew it.

"Nice to meet you," she reached her hand out as well to shake his hand, "I am this Mandos daughter, I've been away for a while now, nice to see my father is still bringin in force users, we're so common now, people just ignore most of us."

She walked over to the famale who she could tell was another force user, "Nice to meet you, I'm gana be here to assit you in the basic understanding before we move you anywhere else, don't want you to accedently pop a hole in a ship cuz your curious." She smiled hopping to not scare the young girl, she was socially awkward after all.

"Hello, I'm Emilié." she said, smiling up at the older girl. "Thank you. Once I managed to move something without touching it, but I didn't even know I could do it." she thought back for a moment before looking back at the other girl. Emilié wasn't a shy child, she cared for others but she had learned to take care of herself and not care about what others thought.

She turned to face [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], frowning. "It wasn't their place to save me so I can't hold it against them. I don't want to be associated with people who support slavery. Who in the right mind would want to be a slave?!"

[member="Shakk Awaud"]

Vina Zomo

[member="Emilié Madowki"] [member="Shakk Awaud"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

Vina had offered a smile of greeting to Shakk when the young woman had walked up, but otherwise remained silent, listening to the conversation. As most of the topics did not involve her, she didn't see why there was any need to interject.

At the girl's question, though, she did. Picking up a small flower, the Healer looked to Emilie. "Oh, you'd be very much surprised at the variety of tastes in individuals. The Twi'lek culture, for instance, used to deal heavily in slavery of their own people -- for them, it wasn't just a way to bolster their economy, but to also give their children a better life away from the harsh enviroment of Ryloth." The Devaronian handed the flower to her.

"My own personal views on the subject are...odd, I guess you could say. I detest the idea of individuals having no freedom or priviledges, and don't even get me started on torture and the punishment slave owners enjoy using, but... I also understand that for many, slavery is the only way to get food on the table." Vina looked upwards for a moment, trying to think of a good example. "Slavery is like...it's a necessary evil. Without war, we cannot know peace. Without famine, we cannot know fullness. Without disease, we cannot know health. Without slavery, we cannot know freedom. Like Yurioc, though, I do not condone the practice." She looked back down. "Does that make sense?"

[member="Vina Zomo"] [member="Emilié Madowki"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Jaster of clan Awaud"]

Shakk liked the garden, she also enjoyed how philosophical Vina could get, though her father often teased her about it. Shakk learned a lot from the Head Healers, ultimately sending her on her journy to search for her own path instead of that which sociaty choose for her. Shakk nodded as Vina spoke, because she had heard it before of the balance of what many thought were good vs evil.

"The force is the same way," Shakk spoke, "the force does not choose, it's will is for the user to bend or mold," Shakk used the force to pick a flower from the garden, easily and slowly she was able to pick the flower up without damaging the roots, "I don't know the philosophy behind it, but being at peace, clearing once mind, and not letting fear win," she placed the flower back were it was before being uprooted, "you say you hate slavery, but to hate something is also to fear it, and that will allow the darker powers to rule, this is why many jedi don't interfere with slaves, though they dislike it, they must accept it as a necissary evil."

Shakk stood to pat down the soil so the flower she put back may continue to grow and be one with the garden as it once was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom