Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Republic Dominion of Ord Mantell

Ord_Mantell_TOR_new.png

Civil war devastated Ord Mantell in 837 ABY. The planetary struggle threatened to eradicate civilized life on the planet for good. The corrupt local government sought to maintain the statis quo. However, separatists fought in large numbers to take down the perceived tyranny of the government. The planet fell into absolute chaos and became a haven for bounty hunters, smugglers, and mercenaries. Not only that, but Savrips grew increasingly more armed through their scavenging of battlefields and have thus become a dangerous threat to the non-Savrip population of Ord Mantell.

In a prime position in the galaxy as well as an ancient Ordinance/Regional Depot, the Republic had an interest to stabilize Ord Mantell and bring it into its sphere of influence - if not the Senate outright. Knowing that they can no longer independently control the local populace, the local government of Ord Mantell has asked for assistance from the Republic and is willing to give up its sovereignty for its protection.

Charged with eliminating the separatist threat, Daella journeyed with Captain Oreluos's fleet to Ord Mantell in order to assist Republic forces on the planet.

As the Republic dropped out of Hyperspace and into Mantellian orbit, the objective of many Jedi and Republic personnel were to assault the main separatist base - which was within an active volcano - and both capture, or kill, the separatist leader as well as destroy the base.

Troopers lined up in the bay, getting their gear ready. Doc had already been ready for a long time now. An assault rifle lay across his chest, a rugged AR-35 model. He glanced at his men, some already reading. He padded his combat knife and his armor, and stopped to tighten the plating on a younger trooper's chest. He glanced around, before activating his radio.

"Ground team standing by, ready to engage. Permission to speak freely?"

Whether they said yes or no, probably wouldn't stop the commando from doing it anyway. He blinked, and then sneered. He was getting his war face ready. He was not privy to coming and cleaning up messes that weren't his, or the Republic's. This. This was not their business anymore.

[member="Daella Apparine"]

Daella had not gotten off the flagship of Oreluos's task force yet. She listened [member="Doc"] radio in his position as well as asking for permission to speak freely. Captain Oreluos responded to Doc by saying, "If it's related to your mission, please speak up."

Immediately, Oreluos replied to [member="Doc"] by saying, "It's because it's so close to Mandalorian space that it's important the Republic secures this ancient ordinance depot. Your actions here will benefit the Republic in any future struggle against the Mandalorians."

Daella remained silent as she looked over to Oreluos. The Captain gave a glance back. Oreluos knew that this action might upset the Mandalorians - but after their actions in bringing a fleet above Coruscant, the Republic sought to prepare itself for inevitable war against the Mandalorians by securing the buffer zones between each state.

Daella's communicator would be filled with static for a moment, before a voice she hadn't heard before whispered into it, in a distorted, almost mindwrenching voice.

"TRAITOR. DECEIVER. LIAR."

And with that, the static and voices would end... As if they had never come.

[member="Daella Apparine"] and the good Captain didn't get a response from Doc for several minutes. The ground team grew silent, waiting for the commander to speak again. He glanced at his men, the fresh faced, and the hard-jawed. He rolled his neck, before pulling the bolt back on his rifle, charging the cartridge. Slugthrowers were so satisfactory in that sense.

"You and I both know we're just trying to delay the inevitable. We're all gonna burn. This is just gonna make the fire a bit bigger. Now, I suppose I have to go kill for the Grand Republic, don't I?"He dropped the communicator and turned to his men. He directed them to their pods and to their gunships. Swarms of white, and orange, blue, and other specialty colors moved. Doc rolled his shoulders back. Then, he pulled his handy-dandy holo...phone, and sent off a text.

[member="Kitt Solo"]
Gonna go kill people
thinking bout u
<3

Falling into formation with the fleet was Gherron's own ship, fresh from the repair depot as usual. Taking in a moment to look over the planet before him, he relayed a message to [member="Daella Apparine"]. "This is Knight Vael, awaiting conformation to land. Say, isn't this a bit close to Mando space?" While he waited for a response, he fiddled with his notepad, sketching an outline of the planet as he saw it, trying to kill time.

"Sir, we're about to land." Vulpesen turned his head to the officer at his side. There was one problem with flying the nice paladin class covette, it required a crew. Vulpesen enjoyed having people with him, but it still didn't help him with stealth missions. Then again, it did come in handy in times like this. Times when he needed numbers and guns for missions.
"Good, I want ten men to spread out among the objectives. Two officers with me, as for the rest," He pointed two more soldiers. "Sabotage the base. I don't want it able to do so much as flicker a light." After dismissing them to prepared, he looked at the remaining six. "I want you to join the main battle. I'll be going after the leaders, but I'll need someone to cover me." After several minutes, Vulpesen's ship soared above the base. Tapping into his comlink, the jedi directed his vice to the rest of the republic forces. "Torrevaso here, headed to the ring leaders. Feel welcome to join the party." With that, he leaped from his ship, starting a quick descent towards the base, followed closely by two officers while a group of eight common men spread out to fill their own roles. As Vulpesen's feet thudded on the top of the base, the Jedi cut a quick hole in the structure and dropped into the ventilation. Once hell broke out, he would slip over to the main objectives. Of course, it was only right that he try to do so without getting shot.

Carn Dista

C
[Nobody told me about this pre thread. It wasnt requested and clearly serves no purpose other than pissing off the mandalorians. As faction leader it falls to me to have final say on things like this, and I consider being kept out of the loop a perfectly valid reason to shut down a dominion.

TLDR:
This is not an official republic dominion. We are not dominioning this planet. Stop attempting to do things without having them cleared first.]

Carn sent a message out to the republic participants on this unsanctioned foray to the planet. He recalled all Jedi to the temple, to re assign them to other duties such as border world patrols, or securing pre-existing republic worlds. The non Jedi were alerted to potential skirmishes on fringe republic worlds, and as a result were heavily advised by the grandmaster to fall back from the planet in order to prepare for a more important set of battlegrounds in the very near future.

Due to Carn's status as grandmaster, the Jedi NPC's immediately pulled back and began to disperse to their other duties. With the sudden loss of Jedi support, the republic NPC's heavily contemplated falling back as requested - after all, it sounded like the logical thing to do, considering the impending combat on other worlds.

After receiving the order, Vulpesen glanced at his comlink, reading the words as he sat within the ducts. He could already hear the buzz of questions in his ear. As loyal as they were to Carn, his men were still under Vulpesen's control at the moment. He hated thee thought of leaving after just getting started. The party was ending before it began. Still, orders were orders and while his men obeyed Vulpesen, Vulpesen obeyed Carn. Turning around, Vulpesen cut a quick hole and left for his ship. The only sign of his ever being there would be the two holes on the exterior of the building as his men had yet to fully get into their positions.

Selena Halcyon, fresh back from the unknown regions pursuing Sith entities, had joined in on Daella's mission to Ord Mantell. When she heard the heretical message from the so-called Grandmaster of the Jedi Order, Selena Halcyon did not really give much credence. This is largely due to the fact that the natives of the planet wanted to join the Republic, therefore, their actions on the planet were requested and desired by the natives of it. Because of this, the true Grandmaster of the Order looked to the native leader. "Governor, I will stand beside you against these Separatists."

She turned and looked to the Jedi who were preparing to leave the planet. "Tell me Jedi, do you stand to bring order to this galaxy? Is our mission not more important than the commands of one who clearly does not stand for democracy? Our mission is to serve the galaxy. This planet requests us to serve them here today. Stand with me. Aid these people in their quest to join the Republic. Leave, and you help the separatists. You help tyranny. You aid the enemy. You allow a planet to grow in the shadow of the darkside. We cannot let such foster on this world. To leave it is to aid the Sith."

After [member="Carn Dista"] sent a message for the Jedi to be recalled from Ord Mantel, Daella glanced over to Captain Oreluos. Soon after, the words of [member="Selena Halcyon"] rang across the Republic’s comm systems. Daella listened. She knew of Carn’s mandate and that it applied to Jedi. Yet, the Mandalorians sought to take control of the planet - either through violence of subversion. If the Republic left, it would allow the Mandalorians to gain the ability to strike as deep as Coruscant. Daella knew this.

Looking to the captain once more, Daella said, “I’m going planet side to support the strike teams. If I must sacrifice my status or positions of the Jedi Order to secure the Republic against the Mandalorians, then so be it. A Jedi lives to serve.

Having said that, Daella left to board a transport to a drop point near the separatists’ volcano base.

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
[member="Daella Apparine"] [member="Selena Halcyon"] [member="Doc"]

The Republic Senator of Iktotch and head of the Internal affairs committee listened as the Jedi decided to pull back and not Assault the Separatist base. He could understand the decision but the strategic value of Ord Mantell in the hands of the Warrior Culture of the Violent brutish Mandalorians was simply too much to over look. He steeled himself and spoke into the comm system of the Republic Heavy Cruiser "Stalwart Defender".

"Republic troops and support units." Vaudin said, "This is Senator Miir, I am taking command of remaining fleet engagements. We can not allow the Seperatist or their Imperialistic masters free reign near republic space. Take that base."

Vaudin moved to the ship Admiral and waved him over to the ship war room and real-time tactical observation area.

"Admiral I want fighters in the air providing support to the drop ships and troops." Vaudin began as his years as a fleet commander came rushing back , "prepare for capital reinforcements to arrive from hyperspace if we think a little ground contingent is the whole issue then we're fools."

Matreya

Those topside, would sense an odd aura in the Force approaching, and if any happened to be looking skyward when it began, they may notice the slightest of dots moving among the clouds. Having dropped out of hyperspace moments before, Asher had leapt from the ship the moment it breached the atmosphere. Once his free fall began the Polydroxol had taken a moment to let his metallic like skin slither and stretch, looking as if it were being melted, to form duo wings that attached at the shoulder blade.

They were in noway powerful enough for true flight, bearing such a weight was far to much. But gliding was achievable. Thus his descent was drastically changed. Spinning in long lazy arcs, Asher neared the ground below. When he deemed the distance adequate, the man folded back his new found wings and dropped like a stone towards the ground. Before the last of the drop was completed the wings were once more gone.

Landing in a crater that marked his arrival, the Polydroxol climbed from the hole and looked about himself. His face showed that of a man in his mid thirties, mid length blonde hair with deep sea blue eyes. His build was some what lighter than his usual stocky size, but that was due to changes in the form of attack he was using.

A Senator taking command. Interesting. The lines between military and civilian control was quickly vanishing in the Republic, a curious thing to Selena Halcyon but she had not time to spend on it. On her way out of the unknown regions she had met up with this battlegroup. Upon finding out its mission she had chosen to go with them and serve as opposed to going back to the temple and reporting what she had found on her journey. She hoped that her time here would not compromise that at all.

She moved to the Senator, "I do not know what has changed with the Jedi since I lost contact in the unknown regions, but I know that some will stand beside the Republic in times like this. Many will leave, though I wonder why they even came in the first place if the moment that their convictions were questioned that they would just turn around and abandon those they pledge to leave. Still, many will stay as I shall."

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

Vaudin Miir

Planetary President of Iktotch
[member="Selena Halcyon"]

Vaudin watched as the many non-jedi troops decended to the surface below. He had always appreciated the Jedi and their service to the republic but in the end the Order was the Order and the Republic was the Republic. Carn Dista had been handed a terrible burden and many issues in the Jedi but Vaudin Miir was not a Jedi. He crossed his arms across his chest and thought of what may happen with the new rift forming but there was little he could do now. A full retreat would cost them possibly more than finishing the engagment. He turned his head toward the Jedi Master fresh from her mission.

"Master Halcyon." He said with genuine relief, "the republic thanks you and I thank you. Master Dista had made his decision and I don't fault him but as you well know I have to put the Republic first. You have my permission to lead the troops under my command during this engagement. The enemy is at the gates Master Jedi it's up to is to bar the door."

"I too put the Republic first as I do with the rest of the galaxy. I will handle the responsibility carefully."

All around the entire situation did not surprise her. And the looming threat of Mandalorians was the most logical thing really. They were a warrior based people who fought for honor and glory. Their aid had been useful in the war with the Sith Empire, and she had even lent her blade to them multiple times against the Sith before that war, but with the Sith gone they were sure to grow restless. Who better to wage war on next than the other great power in the galaxy. Obviously they would come for the Republic. She just wish that the Mandalorians could remember how they would not even be around anymore if the Republic had not protected them from the Sith. But warriors were unreliable when it came to memory. The fact that separatists on this planet would consider to throw their lot in with them troubled her.

She moved to the hanger and prepared to take transport to the surface and deal with the rebellion at hand.

Eventually, Daella Apparine made it to the surface of Ord Mantell. She met with a strike team that was about to storm the Separatist Volcano Base. She prepared them for the difficult assault ahead.

Contacting [member="Selena Halcyon"], Daella informed her that, "I'm at drop point Beta with my team. We'll be making our move now."

Matreya

Despite his many days of training, in the numerous dominions and missions Asher had been on, the Polydroxol was caught off guard. A Mandalorian, possibly a scout from their nearby spaces, hit him directly across his back with two shots from both dual Blaster Pistols. At the distance, the damage sustained was minimal and not even enough to put a whole through his metallic alloys. Thus the healing was nigh instantaneous, just as Asher spun around and dropped to one knee.

Glancing along the streets and nearby scenery, Asher narrowed his gaze for a moment and nodded - he found the man. Doing a backward somersault, Asher finished in a sideways roll that left him next to a building that was already showing damage from the bare moments of war. Letting his arms shift and shimmer as they slightly elongated, fingers melting together until they reached a long point, then he curved them until they resembled scythes.

Using these, the man began climbing the sides of the wall, speaking softly into his comlink, "Senator Miir, I believe the planet may have more then meets the eye hiding under the brush - unless I am mistaken I was just hit by a Mandalorian. Im moving to intercept, but need to know how to proceed from there." Had he been in the Fringe still, Asher would kill the man and move onto his next opponent, but the Republic held more concern for life.

[member="Vaudin Miir"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom