Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Reminder: Crazy Overpowered Ideas

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
A few points that we could be doing a better job of publicizing:

• If you have a crazy idea for the Factory, sure, it'll usually require some massaging, thorough canon foundation (do your research), and a LOT of work and sacrifices. But in some form or another it can often still work. I could point to Salem Norongachi, who recently submitted a fully automated AI-controlled Star Destroyer, overgunned but lacking a hangar, with a very substantial 76-post development thread and a very substantial submission writeup. His sub is also a perfect example for the next point:
  • If you have a crazy idea for the Factory, run it by me or a factory judge at some point before you post it. Don't expect us to catch everything, and do not cite us when we've only given it a glance. Can't count the times I've heard 'I showed it to Jon' as justification for things. But overall, your crazy idea stands a much better chance if you run it past a judge and you get a few solid edit suggestions out of them. Ayden's always talking about his open door policy, and any judge will tell you the same. If in doubt, ask. Salem ran his ship's details past about three judges, at some length.
  • If you get denied and denied on Second Chance, this does not mean that your idea is dead. Talk with a judge about the substantial changes that would be required for you to submit it again. Also, remember that only a very, very small percentage of submissions get denied, and generally only for brokenness of concept or refusal to make necessary edits.

Saki

Came in like a wrecking maul
Well I can admit to using the "Jon checked it" cause well your one of the few people I know who really really knows the obscure parts of canon. Not to knock the other judges or take away from them they know their stuff but if you want an alternative you usually have two or more points of reference.

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
I'm just going to take a minute here to say that I'm one of those people who enjoys jumping the shark with my submissions. I just enjoy putting out overpowered concepts and trying to find a way to balance them, and thusfar I've never had anything denied and people seem to trust me enough to put me out there as a tech judge. For example I've made an Ion Cannon that's a glove powered by Force Lightning, a electro-magnetic mine that stops armored enemies in their tracks, a species that powers itself by consuming others fears and an amulet that literally breaks every object created by Sith Alchemy that it's used on. I'm personally of a mind that you as an RPer can get nearly anything across, provided you put in the work and add in sensible weaknesses.

That being said, if any of you have any ideas you feel are overly ambitious give me a shout on a PM or on skype and I'd love to talk to you about it. I'm a tech judge because I love looking at tech, figuring out how it works, and even when I'm not a judge I spend a lot of time in the factory anyways looking at people's concepts and ideas. It is not a problem for me to help you out on stamping out a submission or dev thread planning. I won't judge subs I help make but as I mentioned before my subs have done rather well in the approval process, and the Factory Staff as a whole appreciates when someone comes to us, and I'll be sure to relay the message.

Good luck to all of you on your ambitious ideas. I can't wait to see them.

J3C0

J
Fabula Cavataio said:
So, say I have an idea for an OMNI-based cyber dragon that generates an anti-Force field and has light repeating turbolasers installed on its shoulders...
You best talk to me about it D:<

Ashin Varanin said:
Ayden's always talking about his open door policy, and any judge will tell you the same.
leo-cullum-the-open-door-policy-is-only-for-leaving-new-yorker-cartoon.jpg

EmKay

You guys will see lots from me as my character develops. Lots of tech stuff, and it'll all be from the wildest depths of my brains where I'm trying to make super experimental stuff.
FUN!

Matreya

Just to vouch, i asked [member="Valik"] if he would particpate in a thread, and when he informed me he couldnt - where at this point the average person leaves the situation behind - he even gave serious advice on it. He is a go to guy for advice imo.

Also...sorry for bein one of those guys [member="Ashin Varanin"]. For a while you were the only guy really that gave me any credit/respect. So basically mentioned you for everything lol, and obviously rped with you for basically everything.

Darth Armyss

Nobleman, Sith, and Womanizer
Well considering that I've been doing some research on the concept of a stealth ship pretty much since I joined the site, it's good to see that there's at least a possibility of it being accepted, even if it means I have a veritable mountain to climb regarding dev threads and the like.

Gordosa

G
*Subs a space station with paragraphs that spell out super weapon as an acrostic*

*Points at Valik*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom