Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Relations of a kind. (Lotf and Crusade)

As a Governess of Manpha, a Disciple of the Crusade, and having been in contact with the Gods of the Crusade, I was here for diplomatic reasons. With the treaty that ensued a contact between the lords of the fringe, and that of the Moross Crusade, I wanted to use this to my advantage. Seeing how these relations could go bad any second, I wanted to create a stronger bond between us, and them. Today I was meeting with @[member="Lucien Cordel"]. A Governor of two worlds under the Fringe Flag, and a rather known Sith Lord.

Flying to the planet of Zaadja, I had decided that the best course of action would to be by bringing him something that he liked. One of them happened to be Slaves. So with me, I had 15 of the "Servants" from my own planet of Manpha. To show that I was relaxed and not in terms of war or fighting, I wore a rather nice gown. While most of my days were spent in armor, or my robes, I had to make an impression. And it had to be good. I carried no weapons with me to also give the idea that we were going to just have a good time. not worrying about war and battles.

Landing my ship down into one of the many pads where I hope to meet Luicen, I got up from my passenger seat and made my way to the rear. Keeping the slaves hidden until they were called upon by myself. I came here not to make another treaty, but to make the relationships of the two factions closer on a personal level.

Lucien was pleased to have been approached by an ambassador of the crusade, He had therefore dressed for the occasion in one of his finest Morning suits , the house had been prepped for guests and an extensive dinner was to be laid out and everything seemed ready. Lucien was making last minute inspections, First Impressions are everything and he intended to make a good one. He had his extensive Household staff Lined up at the bottom of the stairs, Only the guards were absent as their duties were too important to be ignored.

"Your Grace" The voice of the on duty commander of Lucien household gaurd echoed across the auditorium. Lucien came to a stop and greeted the commander "Your guest has arrive My Lord" Lucien nodded with a smile "Excellent, You may return to your duties commander" Then Lucien made his way to the Landing Pad where Zoe had just arrived. He was glad of the hangers walls which served to shield the occupants against some of the biting wind, it was still cold however, If it weren't for the picturesque views and lack of political opposition Lucien would have resigned years ago.

He approached @[member="Zoey Marix"] "Good Morning my Lady, and welcome to Zaadja ... May I compliment your dress it is very Nice" He said offering his guest a small nod of respect "I trust the weather didn't hinder your landing?" He asked, The Blizzards so common on Zaadja sometimes took unprepared pilots unawares many a pilot met their end in the icy tundras of Zaadja to be found only years after.

As I was walking down the ramp, I was greeted by Lucien. With his greeting of a good morning and welcoming me to his home. Also saying that I looked rather nice. I bowed my head as he spoke. Asking as well if the weather did not bother the landing. I smiled brightly and shook my head, "Thank you, You look rather Handsome yourself my lord." I looked to the heavy freighter behind me. it was rather bulky and not so nice looking, but it served its purpose. I shook my head as I returned my attention to the man, "No, it was not that hard when you are only sitting in the passenger seat." I gave a smile once more.

I then looked the man over in his nice suit. Finely done and I could tell that it was very expensive. Probably hand made by the people that he owned. "As a gift?" I pointed my open had to my ship, "I offer you fifteen of my best servants to be yours." At my words the fifteen of them started to walk out in three lines, five deep. They moved with the utmost silence towards us and then stopped to face both myself and Lucien. "Should you choose to accept, of course."

With a gift, it can always start good relations with people, I knew that fifteen was not much for this man, but none the less, it was a gift from myself to attempt to be on each others good side.

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

It was all beginning rather cordially. If this was an omen of things to come then this meeting promised to be profitable. This network would serve him well if all went to plan, as all people of high position know friends quickly surpass funds in terms of importance. He smiled as Zoe paid him a compliment "Thank you" His suit was indeed expensive and handmade. It's creator was a tailor who worked only for Lucien and his household, this therefore ensured that Lucien would never face the embarrassment of being dressing in the same clothes as someone else.

Then a gift was presented to him. He subtly looked over the servants "Thank you, I will willingly accept I am certain they will be most useful" He offered another smile the gift was most generous they seemed to be well trained servants and one could never have too many of those. He clicked his fingers and a gaurd strode over "Please show these new staff to the servants quarters Mr. Warnoth and Miss Starroct will be along to assign them their duties soon enough" Lucien said before readdressing his guest "Shall we go inside?" Lucien asked it was becoming rather cold and the warmth of the house would be welcome.

I smiled as the man accepted my offer. one of his guards came over and began to herd the people like sheep to their rooms. Where they would now be staying. He then turned to me with a smile as he offered to take me inside. I nodded once politely, "Yes, that would be most appreciated." I tried to hold back a shiver as my shoulders and upper chest was exposed to the cold, and in a dress, it was hard to avoid an updraft that happened to crawl up the folds and to touch my body. Its not the most pleasant feeling in the Galaxy.

As we both walked towards the estate of this man, I had to ask, "I hear that you are a Governor of not one, but two worlds. Does it not require alot of work from you?" I had one world under my control, and even then, it was sometimes hard to run with the Sithspawn on the planet that hid in cloves and the fact that some people still didn't like the idea of our Crusade among the stars. So with him having two, wouldn't it be double the work?

@[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien led the way back up the stairs and into the corridor that led from the hangar to the Palace. The conversation turned to how Lucien managed to govern two worlds, He replied willingly it was always nice to talk about himself "In truth it has come to the point were I have to do very little the assistant governor handles the day to day running on Zaadja following my precident, leaving me to handle the larger matters and govern Skye and there is very little resistance now, A few months before I took on governorship of Skye the trade guild of zaadja tried to take over ... The trade guild no longer exists and in fact many of the people of zaadja swear it never existed, there is of course the fact that I am a sith lord, I am mysterious and that keeps the people in control, for now" Lucien had no doubt that a new show of force would be required at some time in the years to come but for now the people were pacified.

Lucien Led Zoe up into the main auditorium, their arrival was greeted by the sound of 20 knees landing in unison on polished marble. Lucien Brought Zoe before his house hold staff gesturing for them to rise, this had all been rehearsed. " Lady @[member="Zoey Marix"] May I present My Butler, Housekeeper and assistant as well as the rest of my Household staff" He introduced each in turn, before dismissing them to continue their appointed duties. "Your Grace, My lady Drinks are being served in the Formal sitting room and Luncheon will be served in one hour in the Green Room" The green room was the smallest and most often used informal dining room in the palace. Lucien nodded "Shall we go through?" Lucien asked "Perhaps you could tell me about the Moross crusade system of Living gods"

I smiled listening to the way that he dealt with the two planets. Having people under him deal with the day to day stuff, while he would only deal with the larger and more time consumption projects. I nodded my head, Already learning from the man how it would make my time as governess so much easier. as we walked the stairs, my boots made holo rings as when we reached to the top, the sounds of 20 knees fell to the ground. Each giving the respect to myself and to their Lord. Introducing me to his staff of the household. While he had 20, I had barely 10. Really I rather liked how small it was. That way I could get on to a one on one basis with my own people.

The news of what was going to be happening later came to my ears. and I simply smiled at the staff as they looked at the two of us. As he motioned for us to go through I answered with a simple yes. But his asking of how the ideal of the gods came to be, I smiled and shook my head, "Oh if I had all the time in the day and more I could never get to the bottom of our Mythology my Lord." I said with a slight chuckle. "However, I can shorten it for you if you would like." I knew that he might have said yes as most people did. even then, I began.

"There are ten Divines, or Gods in your terms. They each have a purpose here in the Galaxy. Aatrox the Deceiver, Inari the Reviver, Liad the Plague bearer, Ithari the Bloody, Salee the Shield, Kalee the Sword, Neth the Keeper, Thral the Beast Tamer, Erebos the Devourer, and Hali the Indulgent. Each have a role to play and as you can tell from the names they have a symbol of power. Because there are ten of these gods, they fought over who should Rule over their people. Eventually they came to and agreement that there would be only three living to control the people of Moross. Every so often a God will be challenged by someone, and if they die, The god that the victor worships the most, will come to take the fallen gods place. We currently have Kalee the Sword, Neth the Keeper, and Inari the Reviver. They were the few that you saw when we signed the treaty between the Crusade and the Fringe."

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

He Led the way in to the sitting room, he was doing a lot of leading today and therefore decided he should stop. He was pleased to find two flute glasses and two decanters, one of fruit Juice the other of water. He Poured a drink for himself whilst he listened to the mythology of the moross crusade. He silently offered his guest a drink. Once she had finished two questions came to mind "That is interesting but it also raises two questions, One what if the individual who challenges and defeats one of the gods is atheist?" The n he continued "And what if the challenger primarily worships a god already Living?"

I smiled taking the glass of a liquid smelling sweet. as the man asked his questions, I took a small drink. Hardly a sip just to wet my lips. I nodded my head as those questions were actually asked by the more intelligent people more often than not. "For the atheists, it would be decided by the gods on a vote. The two living can not vote, and the one who perished may not either. It brings the vote to 7, with the Majority of the votes, that God or Goddess shall take the form of a Mortal and come to guide their people. Now, for your second question, I will return with one. Why would a Zealot of that god, kill the one they follow? It would be considered treason and abandoning the faith of their Deity. They will be cast out with only the clothes on their back, or killed depending on the god that was attacked."

I smiled and gave some more insight to it to explain, ​"Most challenges are performed in public. That is to allow all the witnesses to see. Generally the Victor, should the be a mortal, will be the host of their god. This is considered the greatest gift that can be bestowed upon a mortal. So to give a full answer to your last question, A follower of a already living god would not challenge them, because they would have the same views and beliefs that the god has. Rarely is someone excommunicated from the Crusade."

I took another sip of my glass waiting to see the man's reaction. Where some would have given up already and just abandoned the thought of a cloven of gods, This man seemed interested.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien nodded with a polite smile, this was all very interesting "I should like to watch one of these challenges the next time one occurs" He said wistfully, He sipped his own drink "Does there exist a book of Lore for the Moross?" He asked. such a book would fit well into his currant collection.

He awaited her answer glancing at the time dinner was almost ready to be served it seemed and if one listened carefully the clattering of china could be heard echoing through the palace. Upon hearing the ambassadors reply he added "I'm sure you have questions for me also my lady?"

I smiled and shrugged my shoulders. There was no real "book" persay, but there was a whole library that I had on Manpha of the Stories, legends and Myths of the Crusade. A library large enough that it could fit a good 300 people. I shook my head right after, "if you are asking for an official book, then no. However, there are numeral books of which you can read about our crusade. I have a library filled with books."

I smiled as he asked if I had questions for him. I nodded my head, knowing slightly about their almost non existent government. Really it was just a large group of people. "Only a few my lord." I took a sip of my glass wetting my lips once again, and allowed the fruity taste to slide down into my body. "What is it like being a Governor of a Confederacy where everyone has their own Agency? and are the rumors true that there is an Arkanian Dragon within your midst?" Stories of a Dragon with powers resembling the force and able to take on masses of people. or how his scales gleamed in the sky with their natural beauty as well as the blood of his foes.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien smiled, a library it appeared that this crusade was complex " I may wish to see these books one day" He lifted his glass back up to his mouth and drank a small amount before bringing it down the glass resting lazily in his hand. It was his turn to provide answers, the first being on his experience on governing in a confederacy of individuals each with their own interests "It is much the same as governing in any other structure I just need to keep a check on the power of each agency and ensure they stick to my rules ... I have already told you of Zaadja's trade guild" Lucien said inclining his head "they were the first and last group to move against me, They served as an example, the public as submissive for now and so long as it stays that way I have as little direct involvement as possible in their business ... I still maintain a network of spies however" He smiled slightly the day he had hurled the shriveled head of the empress of trade from the balcony of the trade hall into the assembled crowd was the day his power was cemented.

He Laughed when Zoe brought up the dragon "Yes the fringe has a dragon ... In fact he is on the high council" He rose from his chair "I would show him to you but he is quite grumpy and may eat us ... " As if on cue the dinner gong rang "... and talking of eating, I'm hungry if you would like to follow me" Lucien said with a smile before finishing his wine and walking to the green room.

The room was so named for the mint colouring of it's walls. A small table sat atop a rug in the centre of the room and two servants stood near by one bearing a ornate bowl of scented water and the other a towel. Lucien washed his hands before walking over to the table and pulling out a chair for Zoe as politeness dictated. Once she was seated he took a seat across from her and the first course was served a meaty broth popular on zaadja and the perfect remedy to the cold weather.

I smiled as he spoke about the large rang of books that where there, and the amass of stories to be told. He simply said that he would have liked to see them someday, I smiled and nodded my head, thinking that this could be a chance for more relations with this man and to possibly allow others to understand where we come from in our religion.

I paid my attention to the Lord. Sipping on the drink as he spoke about dealing with the people. Allowing them slack in their leashes to allow them comfort and to still keep an eye on them. I nodded my head as he spoke. Being a Governess was something new to me, and with the way that the Fringe was holding up, I thought that it might be good to get a few tidbits from them. and it was rather interesting to hear about it. Telling myself that I might take their idea and improve upon it for my own. Though, silently I would be thanking Lucien for the information.

He then mentioned about the dinner that we were going to be eating. I watched as he downed his glass and stood. I took a last sip of mine which was about half empty, and followed after the man into the "Green room" where the Governor washed his hands, and proceeded to help me into my seat. I had followed suit in washing my hands before coming to the table, and thanked him for helping me to my seat. He was being polite and there was no reason not to be the same to the man. The broth with chunks of meat and maybe some other things that I had not seen before. I smiled as my hands were in my lap.

I was half tempted to eatlike a pig, just to show that i could do whatever I wanted, but that may have not gone down very well. Instead I waited for the man to start eating. I also did not know if he had some prayer or a before meal tradition that needed to be preformed. Simply I waited.

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien smiled and picked up his spoon and began to eat. There were no prayer or special observances, Lucien was not a religious man in fact his interest in the crusade was purely scholarly. He appreciated his guests observance of proper etiquette, although he made no mention of this. They had skirted around the main issue all morning and it was time to cut to the chase this was not a social call but a political maneuver. They were now both suitably flattered and both had spoken about topics close to there heart " My Lady, You said that you were hear to build relationships with the fringe high council may I ask why?" He took another spoonful of his broth before gesturing for his wine glass to be filled "What I mean to say is , was there something in particular you wished me to do or help with?" He had a nagging feeling he was being too blunt but tiptoeing around not you nowhere fast.

I smiled as he placed his spoon in his mouth. Seeing that there was nothing that was to be done before eating, I followed suit. Scooping up the broth letting it cool in the air as he asked about the topic at hand. I let the metal utensil enter my mouth and the meaty broth to be consumed. I nodded my head, taking a moment to collect my thoughts. Speaking with thought, "If you have looked at the maps recently. You would know that we are rather small, and stretched. With other groups such as the Protectorate, and the Confederacy on our doorstep. I come to make a better pact with the Lords of the Fringe to make sure that we have someone with power such as these two groups, to get the hint that we do not want to be trifled with."

I smiled and continued. "Not that we fear them, no. More so, the leaders, gods and myself, fear that if we were to get into a war with one of them, that we would go in with too many guns blazing and sabers humming for us to keep control of the numerous zealots."

I took a small drink to clear my throat and to let the words sink in. "I have come today, to create a bond that will not be so easily washed away by either side. What may be written on paper, means nothing of the heart"

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

Lucien nodded, hers was a logical request and it came as no surprise he nodded sipping his own wine "I as a friend that I will do all I can to help the crusade defend it's self from attack ... however if it is the crusade who instigate conflict and war with others I can make no guarantee it will depend on the exact circumstances" He spoke with a cold tone war was not a matter to speak warmly about I will not help you purge so called 'Zealots' or heretics either considering I am one" He managed a slight smile at that "If Truth and justice are on your side I will be too" He said as he finished off his broth once Zoe had finished he gestured for their bowls to be cleared and the next course served. This was a meat pie with a side of roast potatoes and carrots, Zaadjas cuisine was very meat orientated such as was necessary in such a harsh climate.

I smiled and nodded my head as the Governor said mainly in short form, "I'll aid when you don't try and start a war for the wrong reasons." I could see that this was a good reasonable, and fair trade off. I smiled as I took one last sip from the soup. Followed by the next course in which I could clearly see this place was meat themed. In a place where it was cold, you needed protein. and that was fine with me. I liked my meat. I smiled and set my spoon down. once again waiting for him to take a bite first. I asked a question in return.

"And may I ask, why would a Faction so great and powerful, help one that is small and almost insignificant like the Crusades?" I took a moment then reworded it, "Don't get me wrong my Lord, I mean no disrespect, but I must ask to see where both of our motives lay at this moment." I let and open hand out and let it hover in the air as I spoke, "I'm sure as a person of your stature, you would understand."

[member="Lucien Cordel"]

"I don't take offense with you questioning my motives, but do remember I am helping you not them" He said before taking another bite from his pie "but lets say I'm not and this is for the crusade, there are two reasons why I will help the crusade despite their small size, number one your position makes you a useful ally should we move against the protectorate again and two you asking for help suggests to me that you wish to grow if a large faction like the republic was to ask for help it would suggest to me that they are stagnating, stagnated governments rarely last long" He sipped some wine before continuing "You are currently a safe investment Lady Marix that is why I am helping you"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom