Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Regarding Orbelisk Objective

Even though this character hasn't been active for the better part of two months, I had always set out for this character to collect all of the restricted materials some day. Not necessarily for personal gain but more for the reputation of gaining everything there is to unlock.

However this particular objective only has two sides of a coin of which I own neither. Which is to say that it seems to be not only restricted, but restricted to force users, and not only that it seems that if I were to be a force users, I must be of a particular alignment as opposed to neutral. I suppose I could construct a lightsaber and complete the darksider objective (oh my) but that requires me to be an absolute dick in that case for whatever reason.

So, is this objective impossible for me unless I completely change my character?

[member="Triam Akovin"] It feeds off the darkside so you have to be both a dark sider and a Force user. Its canon to the material. To even complete the challenge to get the material you have to be both. There are several other materials that are rare that your character has access too.

Edit: Also the current challenge is in the works ie: being reworded etc

[member="Triam Akovin"] if you're curious on the change:

Orbalisk (( Objective: Closed to Lightsiders. Darkside only, must be a force user. Travel to Dxon and attempt to find the parasite and construct the armor (or what you're trying to do), must have every post of the dev thread be a haiku - 15-20 posts without repeating a line more than 3 times))

[member="Spencer Jacobs"] Not to be rude, but that is still not helpful for me (not implying that staff must bend to my tiny yet furious will), or really relevant to my situation. You see, my objective here is not to construct armor or whatever the hell for my NFU character out of this stuff (because as you pointed out, it feeds off the darkside, and thus wouldn't make sense). My objective is just to unlock the objectives, ALL of them. I don't care about its direct usefulness to me in the OOC sense.

I'd really rather not become a Force Sensitive Darksider for the sole purpose of fulfilling a mostly OOC Goal for the character I created, especially since I am utterly satisfied with my current gear.

Would it be possible to use a Dark sided creature as a substitute in order to collect the Obelisk, for the purpose of my goals? For instance, capturing a Tuk'ata or something, and attach the Orbelisk to that instead of myself (whilst in Haiku)?

[member="Triam Akovin"] I made the rule clearer so you could see why as a NFU you can't do it without the aid or being a darksider yourself. If you use a creature how would you get it off without providing another darksided place for it to feed off of. Honestly if you want to sell it I suggest bringing along the Sith/Dark User who wants it and completing the challenge. Not many ways to go around it.

Just going to point out that you could capture one or two and then let them die. Wouldn't serve a purpose IC beyond a trophy but that's what it looks like you want.
[member="Triam Akovin"]

[member="Domino"] Thanks for the suggestion! I guess I'll follow the objective as closely as I can to feel like I'm actually completing it.

Also... funny... my about me page that had the list of my progress on unlocking everything got deleted. I wonder if that has anything to do with that Staff announcement about remaining vigilant...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom