Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Red with Black Letters

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Lavender Art's Fair
A city plaza in the Senate District, Coruscant

It must have looked like a city fair grounds. There were red banners, and blue flags, golden torches, and balloons of awesome size. The crowds moved and shifted like clockwork down long aisles and between tall signs. Up and down the booths they went. Buying, selling, and shouting their goods. It was an Art's Fair like none other. Dozens of species and hundreds of fine works could be viewed all around. Trinkets and buttons. Smooth stones and sweet sense. Knockers, trockers, and even bright walkers. Nobody quite knew what it all was or what it all meant? But it made for the grandest sight to see. Even a little Jedi Padawan from Tython couldn't believe her eyes.

~ "Fine wares for sale! All at low prices!"
~ "Fancy a fish cup or cup of fish? Fancy to fish for your cup or cup at your fish?"
~ "Paintings! Right before your eyes! Get yourself painted today!"

Naturally there were other languages of course but who can tell them all apart. The shouting, and jeering, and shrieking of prices. It was feast for the eye and a boon to human ears. Everything displayed under the burning yellow sun.

Sam Jhovna finally took a seat on the balcony overlooking the market. Surrounded by banners and posters of every kind. She ordered a light tea and relaxed from the shouting conclave below. It had been a long day of shopping already for the bright blond girl of magnificent presence. Garbed in her yellow summer's skirt and her breeze-blue linen shirt, she smiled as the waiter arrived.

"Thank you. May I see the dessert menu please?"
"Of course madam."

She pulled open the small folder and wondered upon the pages. It was red with black letters. The most interesting combination of colors for a menu she had ever seen.

"Oh my. Red with black letters? Surely they jest? ...I think the Artistic Flair has gotten the better of them today. I certainly don't know anyone who would disagree. The combination goes far and astray of my chocolatiers imagination."

Sam looked out across the balcony of the small restaurant and held that thought over the crowd. Who on earth would put red and black together and call it a menu? She just didn't know.

[member="Krest"]

Krest found himself once more on the planet Coruscant. The vastness of the city itself must be calling to him in his dreams with how often he comes across it's metal surface. But today was like no other, a day filled with amusement and merriment where ever the Zabrak went. Today was an Art Fair. Krest was never found of a fair itself. So many people rushing around to do the Force only knows what. People going on the random rides, children convincing their parents to allow them to eat the questionable food presented. All of it was just.. Interesting.

But that was it. He liked to think about the new couple walking hand in hand with large blushes on each others faces every time they looked at one another. How they have yet to even kiss let alone share a night. Yet this wasn't something he wanted to see, something he wanted to stumble upon. And he found himself doing that more then once. Couples must find such a Fair the prefect place to share a romantic kiss, even with strangers walking around them.

It didn't take long for him to be driven outside of the small restaurant [member="Sam Jhovna"] found herself perched in. He stood below, both of his red skinned black tattooed arms behind his head. Today he wore a simple shirt, baring most of his arms and neck, and a pair of trousers. He wasn't even wearing shoes, instead choosing to walk around barefoot. The city above was so amazingly clean, who'd think he'd step on anything?

Thankfully, he didn't, but his strange coloring stood out among the locals. He was not Sith, not even close, but his coloring resembled many famous Sith in the past. Matched the basic coloring of Sith, their color of choice for a lightsaber. He ignored the comments about his appearance though, deciding to look at one stall in particular. They were selling parts of sabers, hand crafted by the old man selling them. Emitters, handles, lens, each specifically crafted and ornamented by the old man himself. They were impressive, highly detailed and styled.

Krest would stay there, talking with the man not because he was interested in buying, but because he was interested in the smithing. Deus was on his side as always, and he showed the man the blade itself. A purple flame faintly burned off of it's steel, showing the Force presence within. The old man was impressed, nodding his head to the Zabrak.

They talked and talked, about how they created each part of their own trinkets. Krest went so far as to show the details and additions he made to his cybernetics. Well, just his arm. The short pale blue blade erupted from his palm, showing the hidden secret of his robotic limb. He had built a saber into his arm so never to be unarmed, until literally. The old man however seemed conflicted over the item. A saber should be seen, not hidden. A lightsaber is a symbol, not a tool. And yet he understood why Krest had it hidden.

The topics changed on and off, the Zabrak and the old man quickly loosing track of time and what ever else was going on. Krest was smiling however, this was a good day so far.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Sam wandered away from her balcony perch after she had dropped a personal item to the ground. Finding such a small trinket in this crowd was impossible and she quickly gave up. She could buy another one anyway.

Noting with some curiosity the black and red Zabrak admiring the Swordsmith's stall. The Force certainly had a sense of humor today, that was for sure. Sam also noted the lightsaber components and the Force Aura of the area surrounding them. It gave all persons present a general curiosity to her. It was amazing to think of all the fun things one could discover at an Art Fair.

"Find anything interesting?" Sam mused to [member="Krest"] . Perhaps a conversation was in order.

"Mmm. How fascinating?" The casual blonde leaned over to inspect the merchandise. It was far too inexpensive for her tastes. And what did that tell you about Samantha Jhovna. Good grief.

Krest and the Swordsmith both stop talking, looking directly to [member="Sam Jhovna"]. The two stayed quiet for a moment, each pondering on what to say, but it was the old man who spoke first. He spoke slow, his ancient gaze focused on Sam. "Is there perhaps something you're interested in?" The Zabrak himself went quiet, stepping back to allow the girl to shop. He only motioned to the smith when she addressed him. There were plenty of interesting parts, but it wasn't something he could explain.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Oh my. Everything? Hehe."

Sam stood and touched her nose with glee,

"Ingenious work really. What school do you hail from Master Smither? Is this your Apprentice?"

She motioned to Krest expecting to find a Master's student. She gave no accounting for his skin color or appearances. Sam had little knowledge of Sith dress manners or ritual tattoos. Krest remained, completely himself. An original stranger.

[member="Krest"]

(took the weekend off.)

The sword smith shook his head slowly, offering a smile to [member="Sam Jhovna"] . "No, he is a customer like yourself. We were just trading stories. And school..? No. This is my families art." He spoke slow, his grayed over eyes watching Sam. Krest kept really to the distance, letting the girl shop. He wasn't abut to stop that.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Ah. Of course."

Her eyes turned to find Krest again. The Force was ever mindful and in this case, saw further than Sam's eyes ever could. She bid farwell to the smith without another glance,

"Thank you. Good day."

The spritely blond walked up to Krest and stroked her chin thoughtfully,

"Ya know? I haven't seen you around my Academy before. So, I'm going to guess you hail from elsewhere in our grand galaxy. What brings you to Coruscant stranger? ...And, forgive the intrusion. But I couldn't help but notice your fancy in those hilts there. Perchance a personal hobby yes?"

Curiosity killed the cat. But Sam still had eight lives left.

[member="Krest"]

"You haven't? I.. Am impressed." That the Jedi haven't tried to get all their members to hunt me at least. He kept this last bit in his head, simply smiling at [member="Sam Jhovna"] . Of course he simply assumed the girl was a Jedi. He could feel her presence, this was Coruscant, and she herself had a saber. The Smith however began to pack up. He spared no more words save to a chuckle, picking up his wares and leaving.

"I travel, and I like art really. Things that are hand crafted. Items that weren't mass produced."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Really? Well, you must be loving the fair then. Anything special catch your eye? I hear there are almost 300 species represented here today. Surely there must be some amazing displays to discover, yes?"

Sam smiled and got a devious idea. She would recruit Krest into the Order. ...NaĂŻve. Yes. However, Sam knew nothing of Krest's history or adventures. She only assumed this was how Jedi missionary work was to function. Meet a Force Sensitive and convince them that the Order was perfect. Heck, Master Carn Dista might just give her a medal or something. Ya never know.

The bubbly blond held out her elbow,
"What say we discover a few marvels for ourselves hm? I could use the company. Hehe."

[member="Krest"]

Krest shrugged his shoulders. [member="Sam Jhovna"] was at least good company, not trying to kill or lecture him. So he took her elbow, wrapping his around it with a small smile. "I am sure there is. So far the saber parts were it. You have anything in mind?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Oh no. Let's just browse."

She smiled and tugged on his arm. They began walking in no specific direction.

"So, how long are you on-planet? Don't tell me you stopped by the most important city in the galaxy just for an Art Fair? ...Oh, might you be an artist yourself then?"

Sam could small talk. They weren't in any hurry.

[member="Krest"]

"This is just a stop, yeah. Needed to refuel, figured I'd stop by the art fair. Probably will be leaving after the show is over." Small talk was nice. Krest didn't normally just talk to someone after all. Usually had to do with training or fighting or a potential fight. But [member="Sam Jhovna"] mentioned none of these things, which was a good start.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Oh, wonderful. You've picked a great place to visit. Though, naturally. There are a thousand great places to visit while you're here. Hehe. ...Sorry. Home town. Forgive the enthusiasm."

Sam walked and talked. Letting her eyes wander to all the bits and baubles as they appeared. Though the most fascinating sculpture was the male against her arm. She respected his muscle as any woman would. They made for a colorful couple on the day.

"And where you might you be off too then? Do I smell some grand adventure underway? Hehe. ...Or is there a woman in your life that you are just dying to get back to."

She held up a finger and snickered,

"Ah. But I see it in your eye. Yes. You're single aren't you. ...I knew it. I can tell. Woman's intuition. Hehe. I'm right, aren't I? Hm. Yes? Maybe?.."

[member="Krest"]

Krest let [member="Sam Jhovna"] ramble on uninterrupted. In truth he just enjoyed listening to people talk and preferred to be quiet himself. Then she talked about him being single. He blinked, casting a glance to the Jedi. She was a Jedi right? There was a saber, a Force presence. Weren't Jedi suppose to be abstain or something? But that's all just assuming on Krest's part. He thought on it for a moment before finally answering, his voice still calm.

"Technically yes I suppose."

Jsc

Disney's Princess
"Mmm."

She smiled and just let that simmer. The more she learned about Krest the greater she felt the chances were that this conversation would be a complete success. Such was the game of a socialite. Such was the fullness of words.

"Well then? I know just the place for a man like you. With talented intelligent women from wall to wall. Oh my yes. Tell me good Wanderer of the Fair? Have you heard of the Jedi Order before?"

She quickly switched her tone from casually playful to dreadfully true and leapt out in front of him with a twirl,

"I'm Jedi Padawan Sam Jhovna! Tada. ...And I am here to recruit you to the Jedi?"

The blond gave a bright smile and a deep bow. Twirling once again for presentation.

"So? What do you say? Am I not completely amazing hm?"

[member="Krest"]

Krest blinked slowly at [member="Sam Jhovna"] , especially when she decided to twirl. Were all Jedi this excited? Ah, but she was a Padawan, that made much more sense. And trying to recruit the Zabrak to the Jedi Order. This last bit cause him to double over, bursting out into a massive fit of laughter. Him, a Jedi? When all they seemed to want was his head for wanting true balance? He would become a Jedi when Calico the vong shaped clone learned Force Lightning.

A single hand was held up to the girl as he tried to calm himself. Tried to get his laughs under control, but it didn't really seem to be working. It took a couple more minutes before he stood back up straight, a wide grin on his face. He shook his head slowly to the girl then, still stifling a laugh.

"No, I cannot be a Jedi. Trust me on this yes?"

Jsc

Disney's Princess
She pursed her lips and seemed rather bewildered. It was,.. Not the answer she had expected. To say the least.

"Oh? Well... Then... Mm, poo."

Sam kicked a pebble down the road. She didn't really know what to say next.

[member="Krest"]

Krest scratched his chin as he watched the girl. His laughing fit was over now, replaced by a calmer demeanor. Eventually, he just stuck out his elbow, looking around the fair itself. "Come on now, the fair is still going on. No reason to be down ya?" He looked over to [member="Sam Jhovna"] , offering a smile. No, there was no reason to be down.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
She nodded and gave a small smirk. Something had changed.

"Mmm. Perhaps you are right. Perhaps I'm a terrible salesman after all. Hehe."

Sam took his arm and gestured them forward,

"Lead on good sir. Our afternoon, awaits."

[member="Krest"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom