Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

REBEL ALLIANCE Interest Check!!!

[member="Ayden Cater"]

All the imperialism throughout this galaxy. Even the Republic is a bit off on the freedom meter.

No, I am not establishing a 'rebellion' faction. (Though we may spawn rebellion factions.) This is a minor faction designed to strike at major factions regardless borders. There will be no intention of taking territories.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]

I'm saying that expansion of faction borders via imperialistic means does not scream 'freedom' to those who end up under its rule. The Levantine Sanctum is the only major faction I can think of right now that truly attempts to heed the voices of its present/future denizens.

So they have no plan for an alternative government and are just...rebelling against everyone except the Levantines - and causing all sorts of bloodshed in the process for 'freedom'?

That's...an interesting way to do things. There was a Rebel Alliance on this site already once. Disbanded because it ran out of targets and the Sith 'retreated into the shadows'.

ANARCHY!!!!!!!!!!!
LbBbv7Z.gif

Yup... no more governments just bust em all out in the name of freedom

Valeria Aetani said:
terrorist attacks
Terrorist attacks do not discriminate between military and civilian populations. We do.

Valeria Aetani said:
bloody revolutions
Those with blood on their hands deserve their comeuppance. Pieces of paper and lots of talk don't bring about anything.

Siobhan Kerrigan said:
There was a Rebel Alliance on this site already once.
Well aware of that.

And no, [member="Vulpesen"], we do not believe in anarchy. We believe in crippling the dark factions so that the light factions may take advantage.

[member="Valeria Aetani"]

Don't worry, didn't think you were criticizing. Honestly, it would be easier to post the Q&A I had drafted, but the faction doesn't exist yet. :D

We approve of non-oppressive factions. We also approve of complete liberation of worlds from any faction if that is what their people desire. No one should be held against their will. We are OK with the Republic as a force of good to an extent, but the Levantines are the most fundamentally non-imperialist (Their dominions do not involve slaughtering the local militia but peacefully forming bonds with the people and attempting to improve their society.) and that is what our rebellion is against: tyranny and imperialism. NOT against law.

Means you're fighting...every faction except the Levantines, who stick to their corner of space. Since everyone else is imperialist (granted, not everyone razes planets and such). That's...what being a major faction and having a place on the map is about.

Sorry I've been freeing the slaves and making business deals that benefit both sides. Black Sun imperialistic tyranny is just rampaging and stomping over all these worlds we have join us. /sarcasm and truth.

But that’s fundamental anarchist doctrine, to overthrow ‘oppressive’ governments, which they usually consider as all governments.

So what would you set up in the place of these large states? Would you really expect every single star system to be independent of itself? Do you expect that not to turn into a war by itself?

I’m not so much seeing the Rebel Alliance as a good old fashioned 19th century anarchist syndicate.

Which is cool, and different, but it’s not the Rebel Alliance (The Alliance to Restore the Republic) of the movies.

Considering the Galactic Republic was essentially an aristocratic republic dominated by aristos and plutocrats (a limited franchise would not surprise me)...the actual canon Rebels...never seemed that revolutionary to me, but I digress.

When the site's current Republic looks a lot more like the Empire... I can't exactly create an Alliance to Restore the Republic, unfortunately. :/ To quote one Senator Amidala - "So this is how democracy dies: with thunderous applause."

We don't expect everyone to be a loner. We just think people should have a choice and not be at the mercy of genocidal warmongers. Again, just storming onto someone's planet and telling them they are now subjects of your *cough* Republic is absolute and imperialist. While we don't like that, we realize this is something that is inevitable and you can't win them all. This is a real-world fact and every country ever has pretty much been like this. So you're definitely right in that regard.

But when the Sith factions and Horders go all Nazi-like into their new territories, that deserves extreme rebellion.

To give you an idea of what we'd "approve" of, based off the current state of affairs:
Republic - good
OP - good
Levantines - good
Mandos - sorta OK
Fringers - sorta OK
Black Sun - eh
Everyone else - targets

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom