Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Razor Disk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Titan

tron_disk_001_by_randyfivesix-d55rwzz.png
Intent: To provide a lethal Captain America's shield like weapon for those who want one,

Dev Thread: If needed

Manufacturer: Concordia Crescent Technologies

Model: Razor disk Mk.I

Affiliation: Closed Market

Modularity: No

Production: Mass produced

Material: Titanium
Clasification: Throwable, circular blade

Effective Range: 10 Meters

Size: Single Handed

Length: .3 Meter diameter from tip to tip

Weight: 5 KG

Special Features:
Retractable blades to ensure users saftey.
Magnetic strips so can be thrown and will return even without force-use

Strengths:
  • Lightweight but leathal: Razordisks are very light but this in noway reduces their lethality
  • Compact: At only a foot in length Razordisks can be hiden in a variety of ways.
Weaknesses:
  • Circular: Though its shape makes it optimal for throwing, it can be lethal to the wielder if not used carefully by the wielder.
Description: A circular disk with a retractable blade, razordisks are very capable weapons in the right hands. Small in size and lightweight Razorblades make excellant weapons for spys or light soldiers. Small enough to be dual wielded but not so small as to be inefective. Razorblades were origanely designed for Abraxis before he decided to produce them as weapons for the whole galaxy.

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
[member="Abraxis"]

Abraxis said:
Weight: 1 lbs.
so first this needs to be in metric not imperial

also a .3 meters shield of Mandalorian steel would weigh alot more than this. It would have to be super thin for this material to have that mass at this size.

something for you to read

so assuming this weighs at least as much as titanium since in the submission mando steel is said less than alusteel. I figure Titanium is about the lightest metallic mat used for something like this

so based on your description of this shield and the article about caps shield above I would say your shield would weight somewhere near 6 to 7 kg or about 15 pounds at the lightest.

Now since this is star wars and not based on real physics I would say with forging technics and since it has at least part of it hollow for the retractable blades Make it 5 kg

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review