Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question regarding company tiers.

So I've got this alt who will be dabbling into asset management, economic and business consultancy and similar roles in the same area. Service only, no produce obviously.

I have his character sheet up but I want to sub him as a company as well so I can tier him up as a company. Because company game is fun. That said, my question is can he be considered Tier 6 based only on his reputation (of course after passing all the necessary requirements for tiering up through the tiers)?

Like, can he still be considered above-average in terms of wealth but be well reputed across the galaxy and known as a Tier 6 company when/if he hits Tier 6? Basically, can his reputation and popularity be projected as his tier rather than his financial power (which would be meager).

I hope this makes sense, I am struggling to word this right in English.

EDIT: I tried wording it better lol:

Basically can a Tier # be reflected only by the popularity/reputation of the company rather than a mix of its reputation and financial strength, and tangible size.

John Ash

Only by Fire do we become Ash.
[member="Vitor Avendahl"]

Honestly I see no issue with this personally and I can't think of a rule that blocks this line of thought. You don't have to have anything more than a single location to start a company, which you can just make your home office. After it is approved you do not need to expand your locations at all to advance in tier. You can also easily meet requirements for tier up without ever doing large scale company stuff as well. The only thing that might be tricky is projects since those require a massive amount of work.

At the end of the day you would be a consultant or contracted analyst for companies and factions I take it. That is an interesting idea and I could see tier up as reflective of your desirability and reputation for your services.

Matreya

[member="Vitor Avendahl"]

No. I will not have your alt better then my characters.

=D

No, but seriously, in so long as it isnt a means to trick the staff, other writers, but is more of a percieved thing, i dont see why not.

Vitor Avendahl said:
So I've got this alt who will be dabbling into asset management, economic and business consultancy and similar roles in the same area. Service only, no produce obviously.

I have his character sheet up but I want to sub him as a company as well so I can tier him up as a company. Because company game is fun. That said, my question is can he be considered Tier 6 based only on his reputation (of course after passing all the necessary requirements for tiering up through the tiers)?

Like, can he still be considered above-average in terms of wealth but be well reputed across the galaxy and known as a Tier 6 company when/if he hits Tier 6? Basically, can his reputation and popularity be projected as his tier rather than his financial power (which would be meager).

I hope this makes sense, I am struggling to word this right in English.

EDIT: I tried wording it better lol:

Basically can a Tier # be reflected only by the popularity/reputation of the company rather than a mix of its reputation and financial strength, and tangible size.
This is dependent on other writers wiliness to give you that reputation and popularity, not the factory itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom