Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Character Qhorin Solas

Qhorin Solas

Q
NAME: Qhorin Solas

FACTION: New Jedi Order

SPECIES: Kuran

SEX: Male

HEIGHT: 6’2

WEIGHT: 185

EYES: Dark Brown

HAIR: Dark Brown

SKIN: Honey Brown; Teak

FORCE SENSITIVE: Yes

STRENGTHS AND WEAKNESSES
  • Strength; mastery of self-rigorous physical training, unique personalized blend of Soresu, Trakata, and Vaapad (balance within chaos)
  • Strength; mastery of spirit-the tapestry of the universe (shatterpoints), empathy; knowing the path and walking the path (surety of self)
  • Strength; mastery of mind-long time investigator/deductive reason/intuition
  • Weakness: Force powers limited in scope due to the distant and secluded nature of the sect he was raised in. He has mastered the basic core powers, but little else.
  • Weakness: a chemical attack in his youth compromised his immune system. He tires quickly when pushed to his limits.
FORCE POWERS:
  • Control: Strength, Speed, Stealth
  • Sense: Sight, Hearing, Farseeing/Foresight, Telepathy, Empathy
  • Alter: Telekinesis, Mind Trick, Alter Environment, Force Light
  • Universal: Shatterpoint, Psychometry
APPEARANCE:
Tall and solidly built with shrewd brown eyes and thick, wooly hair cut low. His face lends itself equally to stern scowls and amused smiles. Faint laugh lines crinkle his eyes and frown lines wrinkle his brow.

BIOGRAPHY:
I was born a fifth-generation jedi to a small, reclusive sect hailing from the Unknown Regions that followed a very different jedi code than that of the main stream order:

There is no want, there is no need- there is only what must be.

We believed that true balance in the Force was abhorrent to its nature, and that all the chaos under the stars had its purpose; That things in the galaxy were as they were meant to be. We sought to live purely as the Force guided us, giving more of ourselves to the Force, to our feelings and instinct, than one might consider wise.

This dogma led to the Fall of at least one prideful knight or master every generation or so, for when the ego grows too strong, the belief in things being as they must sometimes grows into the desire to make things as one believes they must be. It is a fine line to walk, between passion and serenity- for what is passion, but serenity of purpose; what is serenity, but the passion of peace?

Unto this temple of rogues I was born, weened, and raised, alongside my brothers, sisters, and cousins in the Force. We were all related in some way, as the coupling of mind, body, and soul among compatible persons was encouraged during certain celestial alignments. I learned to listen to the Force as a youngling, to discern her steady voice from the noise of my mind. I learned to wield her as an initiate, to manifest her will as an extension of my own.

There is a period of two years, between the ages of ten and twelve- between initiate and apprentice, when we are cast out into the wilds of Lwhekk with naught but the clothes on our back, to live, for a time, with only the Force and our instincts to guide us. When this trial is completed, the initiate is chosen by a Knight or Master to be an apprentice. Upon completing my trial I was apprenticed to Master Qhaina Solas, my paternal grandmother and one of our seven-headed council. A natural astronavigator, she took me on countless adventures across the Unknown Regions, to strange, distant stars following the will of the Force.

My sharp eyes and keen mind naturally lent themselves to investigative work; when I completed my trials for knighthood at age twenty, I joined the Security Council, tasked with policing and securing the allied territories and colonies of the Ssi-Ruuk Star Cluster, most of them refugees or descendants of refugees from the wars and cataclysms of the greater galaxy.

Then, when I was twenty-four, The Fall happened.

I had always had a strong connection to the Force- where she whispered to others, fleeting and elusive, I could hear her voice so clearly sometimes it was as if she were speaking directly in my ear. But I was not the only one with such sensitivity. My distant cousin, Qhonee, and my uncle, Qhovon, were just as strong, if not stronger. We walked a fine line, between passion and serenity, and they both failed to keep balance. I don't know the exact specifics, only that they corrupted many others with their new seductive powers and somehow managed to destroy the temple while the council was in session. Driven by the darkside, they began a systematic purge of the survivors. There weren't many of us- barely a few hundred on Lwhekk, and dozens more scattered in small clan units throughout the unknown regions. The following years were bleak and dark indeed, as brother killed brother and sister slew sister.

Awash in sorrow, in grief, in rage, in betrayal, I fell back on my grandmother's teachings and gave myself to the Force. I had doubted many things in life, but never myself. It was my one true strength. And so it was that I avenged my fallen brothers and sisters, though that story is best left untold. It is a tale of tragedy and one better forgotten. My fellow survivors, those not broken by the trauma of loss, ventured out into the greater universe, seeking a new purpose.

And I, ever guided by the Force, joined them.

ARMAMENT:
DROID:
  • Standard Q7 Model Astromech

SHIP:
  • VCX-100 Light Freighter
    • VCX Auxiliary Starfighter

KILLS:
None

BOUNTIES COLLECTED:
None

Last edited by a moderator:

Qhorin Solas

Q

ROLE-PLAYS:
  1. Rise of the Jedi
    • Madness on Quesh - Qorin's hears word of strange happenings on Quesh, and during his investigations, joins a covert strike force led by Master Nicholas Ludendorff.
    • Duel of Masters - After the debacle on Quesh, Qhorin journeys to Ossus where he visits the Jedi Praxeum and tests his blade and mind against Jedi Master Jax Thio.
    • A New Order - With Master Thio's blessing, Qhorin ventures to New Cov and formally joins the New Jedi Order, meeting with Master Valery Noble, a prominent member of the Jedi Council.
    • Bittersweet Symphony- Qhorin is on Coruscant exploring the ruins of the Jedi temple when he learns of a Sith on the planet, and partners with a woman named Inanna to hunt her down.
    • Invasion of Empress Teta- Qhorin leads a squad of troopers on Empress Teta, doing his part to free the planet from the Brotherhood of the Maw.
  2. Master and Apprentice

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom