Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Prosperity | Galactic Alliance [NJO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Jedi have always been Survivors, Otto. It’s why we’ve lasted through Eons of Betrayal, Heartbreak and Despair. We’ve come to understand that History isn’t defined by the Victorious, but those that Survive to tell the tale."
~ Arcanus Sunstrider, Jedi Master, to Otto Shule - CEO and Director of Republic Engineering Corporation.

SabreBreaker.png

3DbaUJi.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
  • Classification: Ancient Spaceborne Temple; Retrofitted and Overhauled.
  • Length: 6,000 Metres.
  • Width: 6,000 Metres.
  • Height: 4,250 Metres.
  • Armament: Very Low Rating.
  • Defences: Extreme Rating.
  • Hangar Space: Average Rating.
    • Thirty-two Squadrons in Modular Deployment Racks.
    • External Docking Clamps, Etc.
  • Hangar Allocations:
    • Starfighters: Six Squadrons, or Two Starfighter Wings.
    • Support Craft: Eight Squadrons of Auxiliary Vessels.
    • Corvettes: Four Corvettes (Maximum Dimensions [150m x 30m] in Length, Exchanged for 12 Squadrons of Starfighters; 3 Squadrons per Corvette.)
    • Frigates: One Frigate (Maximum Dimensions [300m x 60m] in Length, Exchanged for 6 Squadrons of Starfighters; 6 Squadrons per Frigate.)
  • Engine Units: Innumerable Ion Engines, with Maneuvering Thrusters, Etc.
  • Secondary Propulsion Units: Innumerable, and Integrated Repulsorlift Engines.
  • Primary Power Plant: One Sun Generator with Numerable Solar Ionization Conversion Modules and Integrated Agrinium Collection Arrays.
  • Secondary Power Plant(s): Various Compact Fusion Generators, External Solar Ionization Conversion Modules with Retractable Agrinium Collection Arrays.
  • Supplementary Power Source: Innumerable Energy Cyclers, with Insulated Connections.
  • Maneuverability Rating: 55 DPF (Included with Lateral Thrust Vents) - High Rating.
    • Repulsorlift Ascension / Descension Maneuverability: Low Rating.
  • Speed Rating: High Rating.
    • Repulsorlift Ascension / Descension Speed: Slow Rating.
  • MGLT: 60 MGLT.
  • Atmospheric Flight Speed: 750 Km/H.
  • Hyperdrive: Equipped.
    • Primary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 1.0
    • Secondary Hyperdrive Rating: Class 4.0
  • Optimal Crew Complement: 12,456 Officers and Enlisted Personnel, with an Artificial Intelligence Overseer.
  • Skeleton Crew Complement: 7,820 Officers and Enlisted Personnel, with an Artificial Intelligence Overseer.
  • Passenger Capacity:
    • Temple Security Force
      • 2,000 - Organic and Synthetic Security Complement.
      • 2,000 - Organic and Synthetic Maintenance Crew.
      • 35 - Jedi Security Complement (Jedi Gate Master, Temple Guards and Peacekeepers.)
    • Dormitory Residents
      • Capable of Housing Hundreds, to Thousands of Jedi and Support Personnel.
  • Dedicated Escape Craft: Innumerable Escape Pods and Lifeboats.
  • Cargo Capacity: 215,000 Metric Tons.
  • Consumables: Seven Years, Galactic Standard.
STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Damage Control and Hazard Systems.
  • Advanced [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Life Support Systems.
  • Advanced [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Navigational and Avionics Systems.
    • Dedicated Precision MicroJump Computer.
  • Advanced [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Sensors and Targeting Systems.
  • Advanced [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Communications Systems, Holonet Transceivers and Bio-Hexacrypt Encryption/Decryption Networks with Military-Grade Keys.
  • Standard [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Environmental Control Systems.
  • Advanced [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Tractor and Pressor Beams.
  • Standard [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Emergency Maneuvering Thrusters.
  • Standard [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Anti-Ion Emission Tracer (Anti-Hyperspace Tracking.)
  • Standard [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Relativistic, Navigation and Shift Shielding.
  • Reinforced [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Anticoncussion Fields.
  • Standard [Temple-Class, Military-Grade] Animated Metal Sealant, with Automated Repair Drones.
ADVANCED SYSTEMS
NOTABLE LOCATIONS
(This List Will Expand Through Various Codex Submissions.)

STRENGTHS
  • Force-imbued Hijarna Stone Exterior - Incredible Energy Resistance.
  • Highly Advanced and Comprehensive Defensive Countermeasure Suite.
  • Innovative and Modular Carrying Capacity.
  • Massive Repulsorlift Generators and Integrated Cradle - Atmospheric Landing Capabilities; Very Slow Ascent and Descent.
  • Highly Advanced, Modular and Innovative Interior Design.
  • Internal Meditation Sphere - Capable of Greatly Enhancing a Jedi’s Power.
WEAKNESSES
  • Toothless Fortress - Extremely Low Armament (In Comparison to Other SSD’s.)
  • Force Suppression - Ysalamiri, Size and Number Depending, Restricts and Denies some of the Temple’s Functionality (Localized around the Ysalamiri.)
  • Force Dampening - Voidstone, Size depending, Dampens the Connection of the Force - Reducing some of the Temple’s Functionality (Localized around the Voidstone.)
  • Repulsorlift Jammers (Size Depending); Capable of Grounding the Temple.
  • Ascension Corridor - Incapable of Performing Complex Maneuvers during Ascension, or the Temple's Descent.
  • EMP Devices - Size and Potency Depending; Capable of Disabling a Majority of the Temple’s Functionality.
  • Central Sun Generator; If the Safety Protocols are Disabled and the Reactor is Sabotaged - the Temple goes Nova.
DESCRIPTION
"In the early days of my self-imposed exile, I was always burdened by a terrible vision of the future. Such malign portents spelled doom for the disparate and fractured elements of the Jedi Order, and would likely see the final eradication of our beloved Religion. The darkness that lingered at the fringes of my fever dream took no shape that I was familiar with, which meant that perhaps instead of the Sith, who’d do anything to see our Kind righteously slain, there might be something else lingering in the shadows. Some unknown, and an unforeseeable threat that would do to the Galaxy… what we mortals could not. The danger was out there. In the end, that’s all that mattered, and idle speculation wouldn’t get us anywhere. We have to prepare. We have to continue to survive if there’s a chance for the Galaxy to Hope, and Prosper once again."
Excerpt from the Sunstrider Datacron,
Regarding the Origins of REC Special Project: Prosperity.

When the Core Regions were partially cleansed of the One Sith, in the Aftermath of Operation: Blackout, the Republic Engineering Corporation found itself burdened with a special request from a long-time friend of the Company. The Jedi Master, Arcanus Sunstrider, had found something… peculiar in the partially-terraformed valley's of Tython, and wished to see the structure unearthed from the tortured spires of a mountain range. What he had found was an Ancient Temple that held no definitive, or recognizable points of Origin, which was a discovery that baffled many of the Corporation's contracted personnel. There was further confusion that rippled through the expedition, as their surroundings reacted not only to their presence but to their spoken dialects as well. Systems that were long thought to be dormant or ornamental began powering up. Timeworn lumen-strips bathed the newly revealed labyrinthine maze of corridors and chambers - giving all that were present the notion that there was more to this Ancient Temple than what meets the eye.

As the Days turned into Weeks, the Entirety of the Structure had been mapped; both internally and externally. The latter proved to be the most arduous task of the two, as the Expedition was forced to partially terraform the mountainscape to ‘free’ the Temple from its earthly embrace. From what they could initially perceive, the structure didn’t seem Tythonian in origin but was revealed to be heavily referenced in nearby dig sites. After having gathered such information from fellow Archaeologists, it was believed that this Ancient Temple - was a Tho Yor; One of the Ancient Temple-Ark’s serving as the First Temples for the nascent Jedi Order. The Jedi Master was astounded to find something so Ancient in serviceable condition. Naturally, the ecstatic man turned to the Coruscanti-based Corporation again and requested to expand the mission profile of their Expedition. With reluctance and a hefty sum of allocated Credits from the Alliance Triumvirate Council - the Temple would find itself slowly restored for over a decade.

Whilst the Second Galactic Alliance found itself beset by dangers on all sides and began to erode under pressure, the Republic Engineering Corporation began to extricate the Ancient Temple from the surface of Tython forcibly. It couldn’t let one of the longest investments, and what would inevitably become the legacy of a beloved comrade, squandered in the face of renewed Sith-Imperial aggression. Thus, utilizing some of the most advanced tractor beams and repulsors available, the Ancient Tho Yor once again returned to the Stars. The Temple-Ark would be skirted away into the depths of space and assigned a maximum clearance level to ensure its protection. As the Alliance fell and the wellspring of Credits began to dwindle, the Corporation started allocating funding and resources away from several internal projects to ensure that the aptly named “Prosperity” would continue until completion. Even after the Jedi Master, Arcanus Sunstrider had perished in a climactic battle with the Sith Emperor himself - Republic Engineering believed it was their duty to see the project through until the end.

Not only would the “Prosperity” become a part of Sunstrider’s Legacy, but it also would serve the needs of the Jedi and those that the Force had chosen in the uncertainty ahead.

The biggest struggle that the Corporation faced during the entire process was adapting the Ancient technology to work in concert with their modernized variants. Some systems were far too corroded even to repair. There was even talk about scrapping the project entirely and hurling the Temple-Ark into the nearest Star. However, through a stroke of sheer luck, Republic Engineering managed to find the parts they needed to replace the damaged systems and even managed to develop a module that bridged the gap between the two differing technologies. Thus, with such an adapter in hand - the Retrofitting and Overhaul proceeded smoothly. So smooth, that the Prosperity found itself completed ahead of schedule. Republic Engineering Corporation made it space-worthy, and capable of comfortably sustaining Organic life. Not only that, but they even managed to upgrade the entire space frame with graciously donated technologies from the Thyrsian Hierarchy and the Free Dac Engineering Corps, making the Temple-Ark into a Toothless Fortress.

Although there were many notable additions to the “Prosperity” interior, the one that stuck out the most was the dedicated Artificial Intelligence that was housed within. Utilizing one of the Corporation’s hyper-advanced prototypes, the Temple-Ark was outfitted with a digital construct that was structured and modelled after the late Jedi Master - Arcanus Sunstrider. His collective works and cloned neural topography were uploaded into the Supercomputer’s positronic matrix - effectively giving the fallen Jedi Master a second lease on life. Naturally, this digital facsimile wasn’t the genuine article, and those who knew of Arcanus would find his personality lacking in several regards. However, that was to be expected, as there were always imperfections - and artificial intelligence had a way of branching out from the original design parameters. Some aspects of the fallen Jedi’s personality were hard-written into the program’s very coding - characteristics that couldn’t be replaced, overridden, or even overwritten.

This meant that even in death, Arcanus Sunstrider would continue to serve the Jedi Order, and seek to better all that came to the Prosperity’s proverbial door.

Last edited:
Fiolette Raaf - I figured that might be the case, but there was a part of me that just wanted to make sure all of my ducks were in a row when this submission would be expanded upon in the Codex. Hence why it was listed under the Strengths section, as I considered it to be an actionable strength, primarily when used in collaborative combat threads.

However, it has been removed from the Strength section and the corresponding weakness too.

Republic Engineering Republic Engineering | Fiolette Raaf

Overall this looks good, there are just a few points I want to raise with you.

1) The Title

I understand that this is a ship designed for the New Jedi Order, which might be part of the Galactic Alliance but I'm going to have to ask you to remove the name from the submission's title. The New Jedi Order isn't a Major Faction and so can't have an SSD built for it. While this might seem like a small thing it will prevent confusion further down the line.

2) Landing on a planet

This submission appears to be for a roaming Jedi Temple, capable of moving around the galaxy, however, the idea that it can land and take off from planets is a hard one for me to follow. Do you have any canon examples of a ship this large being able to land on a planet and then take off? The only one I could think of was the Lusankya which required a repulsorlift cradle to launch while destroyed a section of the city. However, once launched it never landed on a planet again. The dimensions of an SSD are too large to allow them that functionality.

John Locke John Locke - I've condensed the New Jedi Order into an NJO tag that follows the Galactic Alliance. I could explain my reasoning, but the answers to my preventative measures are basically summed up in the affiliation section.

710858804706672740.png

So that should be sorted unless you'd like the tag removed. Which I can do if that's required.​

As for landing on a planet?

I'm not too sure if you've watched Star Wars: Resistance, but there's a new type of "Super" vessel that's been introduced called the Supertanker Fuel Depot, or most notably the Colossus which has been credited and seen in visual media "landing" on a planet. Due to its vertical dagger-like design, it either hovers above the ground - so that the planet doesn't get irreparably damaged - or submerges itself in the ocean, where the impact on the planet would be minimal. There have also been several variants seen in Star Wars Rebels, and Resistance respectively. Skystrike Academy acts as an Imperial Academy hanging out in the planet's atmosphere, while the Titan - a First Order-controlled station - hangs out in the depths of space.

Now, while the exact dimensions aren't listed in any official capacity, there were a few Reddit posts - sadly archived and unable to be linked directly - that speculated the station's dimensions using details and snippets from the show, alongside various other factors. As I won't subject you to hours of scrolling, I've found an alternative - third party RPG site that offers the results of fan speculation. They claim the station's over ~7,600 metres tall, which is considerably larger than my roaming temple. Couple that with the Colossus' ability to go from sea level - to deep space - and back again? I'd wager that dimensions aren't really an issue anymore. If anything? it'd be the repulsorlift system(s) themselves and if they're capable of beating the planet's gravitic pull.

I definitely agree with you in regards to SSD's being too large to allow them to land on a planet, and launch themselves into orbit. However, I'm saying that with a heavy caveat as the Lusankya was ~19km long - almost double of what the present Factory ruleset allows for. It's doubtful that anyone could get a super-battleship like that to ever take flight in one piece again, as the only way it'd happen is if they cut it up into small pieces and throw them into Orbit. But, with the Prosperity here? She's less than three times smaller than the Lusankya and has considerably less of an overall profile for the forces of gravity to play havoc with. So, I believe that this Roaming Temple is an exception to the rule of conventional Legends logic, especially when Canon examples and information's presented.

Visual References:

Last edited:
Republic Engineering Republic Engineering

Thank you for making the changes to the title, that is much better and easier to see who it belongs to at a glance.

When it comes to landing the ship on a planet the Colossus is indeed a large ship which is capable of landing on the ocean or as the skystrike academy shows structures are capable of maintaining position in the atmosphere. I'm not against keeping this functionality within the submission, but could you flesh out its capabilities? Also could you please not how fast the ascent of the ship would be? Judging by the Colossus launch I'd recommend it be slow and unable to manoeuvre during the ascent period.

I would recommend that it's capabilities be two-fold. Maintaining a position in the upper atmosphere should be a possibility. Far enough up that the pull of the earth's gravity would be weaker allowing it to maintain it's position indefinitely thanks to its repulsors while remaining within the atmosphere. If it goes lower then maintaining its position would be harder necessitating it's landing on an ocean or other large body of water (since this would make for a softer landing for a ship the size and weight of this craft).

Could I also ask you to shrink it slightly to 6,000m? A balance, for the shorter size of going withing the very smallest size range possible for an SSD would be the ability to land on a planet...to a level.

John Locke John Locke - I'm pleased to see that you're not against removing the functionality from the submission, as it's integral to the entire design. However, I'm on the fence about your question about fleshing out the Prosperity's capabilities, as the information's already baked into the Wookieepedia article itself. So, the best compromise that I can think of there is to link the article in the submission for reference - especially for those that don't know how Repulsorlift's work. Jumping down to your recommendations, I have to say that while I appreciate them, I believe they aren't entirely necessary.

If Star Destroyer's can hold their station above Jedha, fight in atmosphere above Jakku, and fly around in the 3d theatre of space - I think it's fair to say that the Prosperity can do the same... albeit considerably slower.

As for the ascent and descent speeds? I won't be able to give you an exact number, but I've added additional ratings beneath the speed and maneuverability fields. The latter is a subject that I disagree with you on, however, as it's something not seen in the show - but fits within the realm of possibility, largely because of the capabilities of Repulsorlifts. The Colossus - on the two occasions that come to mind - was more concerned about escaping, rather than dancing around the atmosphere. The fastest possible way to do that was going straight up, path of least resistance and all that. A Supertanker like that couldn't really outmaneuver a swarm of starfighters very well, even if it tried, lol. So, those additional ratings I believe are a more than fair representation of its capabilities. Especially since the Prosperity loses a total of Four ratings when it goes into a planet's atmosphere and becomes a considerably large atmospheric target.

Concerning the dimensions? I'd disagree that it's a balance - as I'm losing ratings and getting nothing in return - but as the number of hangar slots thankfully don't change, I think it's not the hill I want this submission denied over. Since it's ultimately fluff in the end, lol.

Republic Engineering Republic Engineering

Thank you for making those changes. I'll also allow that's a good and valid argument.

I'm going to approve this submission with the standard disclaimer that if it's abused might be rewarded. That said I love the idea of using an SSD as a Jedi Temple and a showpiece for setting RPs in rather than a combat vessel.

Enjoy

APPROVED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom