Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Project Oracle AI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create a predictive, situational analysis AI for use by a select few LONGBOW agents.
Development Thread: [Dr. Hansen's Project Logs] [Dr. Langleys Project Report.]
Manufacturer: Project Oracle
Model: Project Oracle AI
Affiliation: LONGBOW agents
Modularity: No
Production: Semi-Unique
Material: Computer Components
Description: The Project Oracle AI are AI's designed to provide general trend predictions and situational analysis for select LONGBOW agents. The AI's are split into two parts, the AI, that the agent keeps on their person, and the mainframe that runs the predictive algorithms. The AI and the Mainframe communicate via multiple secure holonet channels. The AI's themselves have differing personalities, and therefore some AI's are better suited for certain agents than others. The predictive algorithms can give agents predictions based on previous collected data, though these predictive algorithms are not perfect, and surprises are not out of the question.

The near future predictions operate on a principle of probability. It takes in large amounts of data from the holonet, security cameras, police reports, and other forms of data in order to predict general details about upcoming events that are known to be occuring. An example would be, an agent knows there is a bomb somewhere in the building, so the AI would give a prediction of the most likely places the bomb is kept based on previous bombings by the same suspect or organization, and general trends of bombers in general. Another example would be the agent believes there is a trap coming up, the AI would compile data on previously encountered traps by the same organization in similar locations, and give the most probable locations where the assiliants might come from. Now since it runs off of probability and data analysis unexpected outcomes with low probability are likely to be discarded as not possible, so it is very easy to miss threats that do not conform to a general pattern. An example is if the AI thinks the bomb from the earlier example is either in the oven in the kitchen, hidden inside the statue on the far wall, or strapped to a person, as these were the most probable options. If the bomb was say, in the floorboards, then the AI would be fooled and the bomb probably would not be found unless they gained some other piece of information to narrow it down.

The AI's (not the mainframe) also provide crucial situational analysis and advice that could mean the difference between life and death in the field. There is one mainframe supercomputer in a hidden location. All AI's share the same supercomputer for predictions, and the mainframe complex can be expanded if needed. The mainframe as of now has not been tested with more than one AI, but processing power usage is about 20% for heavy calculations, so on one mainframe about 5 AI can be used before the complex should need to be expanded. You can think of the mainframe as one central point on a web, over which many nodes can be connected.

The AI's also provide comfort, and companionship, which can really boost morale, and get agents through tough times. The AI's are only provided to the best and most trusted LONGBOW agents, as they are expensive, and highly advanced.
Primary Source: (Please link the source of another writer's submission that you are modifying for your use; only necessary for "Chaos Canon" submissions)

Hi [member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"] ! I will be reviewing this submission.

Before I can proceed with the review you'll need to increase the length of the development thread per the requirements set in the Restricted Materials list as shown below:
  • Artificial Intelligence (Non-Droid) (( Objective: A thesis must be written, either in a blog or over the course of a role-play thread, consisting of the concepts of your Artificial Intelligence’s design. Scientific journal excerpts from your character’s time spent designing the Artificial Intelligence must be included. Minimum 1000 words total. ))
Please tag me when ready, or if you have any questions.

[member="H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E"]

H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E said:
AI's designed to provide near future predictions
  • Can you explain this a little bit? Is this meant in a general sense as in the AI is predicting that strategically, a set of enemies would likely be placed at X : Y coordinates? Or is this something more akin to A blaster is about to be fired at this precise moment in time, so duck now. The former I am much more inclined to let pass, while the latter seems to be somewhat blurring the lines of godmoding.

H.A.R.D.L.I.N.E said:
The AI and the Mainframe communicate via multiple forms of communication, including subspace, and hyperspace communications
  • Can you elaborate please on how this is achieved? An explanation or examples from either other chaos submissions or canon as I am unaware of any mode of communication that can travel at FTL/hyperspeed. (Secure HoloNet channels would be a fine speedy alternative.)
Is there only one stationary mainframe for the AI which the individual nodes run off of?

I heavily expanded the secton on the predictions, if it needs any changes let me know. I was trying to model this on the stock market predictive algorithms of today, they predict general trends instead of exact changes. If you need any more clarification i would be perfectly happy with expanding it more.

[member="Jamie Pyne"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom