Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Privateering, call it what you will its still pirating

Tundra
Cyborrea
The grass grew in tussocks and flattened in waves with each gust of wind, only to spring up as fresh as strong as before. It was nothing like a uniform green meadow, each tuft was wild and slightly yellowing under the sun and between each there was bare soil, baked and powdery.

Fire, small gouts of smoke rose up and out of neighbouring rock formation, a small fence of packed wooden staves made an opposing obstacle for any adventuring animal, it has a few tents some situated under the rock formation some towards the mouth and some but seven strides from the road.

Transmission
//Message From The Cartel//

//Decoding..//
//10%//
//50%.//
//100%..//
//message..//

//Hello One Sith, Empire. We've reviewed your request for the harassment of Rimma Trade Route from Fondor Sluis Van and found it acceptable, we'd like to meet with a representative on Cyborrea, to negotiate the details, we will be sending one of our representatives.//

[Accept]
[Deny]
Ambassador

The chair was carved of fine oak, crested with several jewels and in the coat of arms of the Hutt Cartel, although the ambassadors seat was impressive, it was a mere stool compared to his form. All geometric shapes and sharp points, the heavy rumble of pistons the creak of a gear and the metallic moan of metal and the ever so audible scratching.. In short he had presence.

"When will the representative of the Sith arrive, if he has us wait any longer I might just build a town here."

"Very good Sir." said a near human by his side, he flitted through a collection of papers only as the anxious can or people with late paper work. He had a weeping left eye and a bloated pudgy face one might liken to a pig on botox. "Always a laugh."

"Don't be glib with me Morece."

[member="Vessel of Vornskr"], [member="Darth Vornskr"]​

tumblr_nxz2wbgOHK1ul9ajgo2_500.gif
Overhead the clouds parted to revealed a matte black shuttle with two large stabilizers careening down towards the meadow before hovering over a relatively grass-less patch and finally setting down gently upon the ground. There was a hiss of hydraulics following the boarding ramp's initial descent, and from within the darkened confines of the vessel's interior emerged a creature completely clad in flowing crimson vestments reminiscent of a religious official, save for that his head was completely encased in a reflective helmet that completely hid his features. He was flanked on either side by similar soldiers clad in black combat armor with a blaster rifle firmly gripped in their hands, and their faces were likewise hidden by a helmet. The Sith representative strode up to where the Hutt ambassador had made camp waiting for the crimson emissary's arrival, and greeted him with a courteous bow.

"The Emperor and his Lords of the Sith express their contentment that you had agreed to our generous offer, exalted one. They have sent me in their stead to negotiate the finer details of this accord, but they wish you to know that they would've enjoyed coming here themselves. Sadly the war effort consumes their precious time, and they could not be pulled away." The creature's voice was a mixture of a hoarse male rumble overlaid by an artificial monotone that gave off the illusion that he was speaking with two voices at the same time, but it was unknown if the synthetic tone was a result of intentional intimidation or was required for whatever resided beneath those robes to survive.

[member="Flannigan Mcnash"]

"Ah," he stood removing himself from the chair tossing it haphazardly aside by a careless swing of his left legs, the pronged feet collapsing the chair where it had touched removing an oval chunk from its surface. "it is good you come still, just cause I can't meet a red sabre waver doesn't mean I can't relish in their atmosphere, look you brought some with you." he said addressing the [member="Vessel of Vornskr"], and in turn gesturing towards the troops with a haphazard swing of hand.

"Come, now please sit." he said waiting for his slightly damaged throne to be propped up again by a neighbouring slave, he slumped down his coat folding out and off him like some horribly garish set of wing's, it was gold trimmed and thrilled with painted tassels in the manner of gold cloth, he looked nothing more like a gaudy gargoyle in some tacky estate. "Now the details." he slid over a prices of paper towards the [member="Vessel of Vornskr"].

Military Contract .....
Period Of Deployment .....
Nature Of Employment .....
Scruples, e.g ships not to harm persons of interest to capture ....
Payment .....
Signature ......

"I'd like you to meet [member="Thraxis"], he's my advisor in all things unsavoury. I thought an example of what you were buying would be in order," he paused letting silence fill the space between word's, his eye's slid shut and he spoke. "and who will we be receiving our payment from, that most of all I want to know."

[member="Vessel of Vornskr"], [member="Thraxis"]​

Thraxis would walk in, his hand gripped onto one of his vials of Devils Water, "Thraxis, Grandsentinel of the Jackals and Inquisitor of the Hutt Cartel." he said, adorned with the full gear in check, to make sure he looked impressive. He hadn't worn his Trenchcoat so his armor could be in full splendor, though it was in a bit of battle damage, it was meant to be fixed a tad but Thraxis decided that a war-worn set of armor was more impressive and spoke chronicles of what he had done. Strapped to its belt held his Twin Heavy blaster Pistols, and at the front was his Sonic Pistol there to keep the force at bay. The last touch to the set was his DEMP, a seldom used weapon that was cheap, effective and overall dangerous.

He had looked over the papers that Flannigan had given him before he came in, the words went over his head though the basics were understandable enough. In essence, kill stuff and get a job done. "I would like to ask one question. Can we take prisoners? The Pitt is starting to get a bit empty, the people seem to be dying of faster then I can get replacements and a Quiet Pitt can cause the Gammoreans to get a little... on edge." he said with a mournful undertone .
[member="Flannigan Mcnash"] [member="Vessel of Vornskr"]

The Vessel accepted the parchment from [member="Flannigan Mcnash"], and eyes quickly scanning over its contents before a pen quickly found its way into his hand and he began to write in the finer conditions of their agreement. All vessels were free game, civilian or military, and the only individuals the Sith Empire actually demanded be turned over to their authority were Jedi captured in the crossfire. At the end an odd stipulation was also added on, and it detailed that the corpses of Jedi also had to be turned over to the Sith. The Vessel didn't actually give a reason, but the wording brokered no argument or deviation. And with that he signed the paper with the official seal of the Emperor, and he rested the paper back on the table in between himself and the Hutt representative.

Then came the other, this [member="Thraxis"], a man who coined himself the Grandsentinel of the Jackals and an Inquisitor of the Hutt Cartel. Personally the Vessel didn't care who he was, but he was quick to answer the man's questions. "Non-Jedi are yours to imprison, Mister Thraxis. Do with them what you will, the Empire does not care about the fate of terrorist conspirators and sympathizers."

He adjusted himself removing a fat cigar from his right breast pocket he spun it on his finger's weaving it through the gaps, before reaching the third digit there was a light 'snap' it fell apart into two segments and falling from the cyborg's grasp. He looked down at it disapprovingly before stepping on it with a 'thud' his heel biting deep into the ground, before producing the second in the line of cigars and with no playing he lit it, dark pools of smoke drifted out from its bulbous head flaking off in small motes of ash and staining the neighbouring table edge black with three small dots.

"Shut it [member="Thraxis"], I don't pay you to ask questions." he said addressing him with a haphazardly wave of his pointed digits, before turning his attention back to [member="Vessel of Vornskr"]. "Payment what can we expect as our reward what is the bounty of the ship," he raised a hand to broker silence before the Vessels answer. "and don't say it's 'its own reward'. Cause I can pirate those lanes without contract, what are you offering."

The Vessel folded his hands, "A substantial reward will be given proportionate to the number and degree of crewmen and assets damaged, seized, or otherwise neutralized." He produced a small datapad from within his cloak, and laid it upon the table for [member="Flannigan Mcnash"] to inspect. Upon its digital surface was a readout of credit estimates for the job.

Military
  • Enlisted: cr2.500 for every individual killed / captured.
  • Non-Commissioned Officer: cr3.750 for every individual killed / captured.
  • Commissioned Officer: cr7.000 for every individual killed / captured.
Jedi (Reminder: All Jedi are to be handed over to Imperial authorities, payment will still be received)
  • Padawan: cr475.000 for every individual captured.
  • Knight: cr495.000 for every individual captured.
  • Master: cr785.000 for every individual captured.
Starships
  • Corvettes: (100m - 200m) cr100.000 - cr200.000
  • Frigates: (200m - 400m) cr200.000 - cr400.000
  • Cruisers: (400m - 600m) cr400.000 - cr600.000
  • Heavy Cruisers: (600m - 1000m) cr600.000 - cr1.000.000
  • Star Destroyers: (1000m - 2000m) cr1.000.000 - cr2.000.000
Other
  • Destruction of Alliance Military Outposts: cr7.500.000.
  • Destruction of New Jedi Order Enclaves & Sanctuaries: cr10.500.000.

"The last category is purely optional, but should you find the opportunity do not hesitate to take it. As for what is to be done with the ships you neutralize, the Empire will grant you salvaging rights. Commandeer them, strip them for parts, do what you wish. The cargo is yours to take, save for Force Artifacts of which we will pay a reward depending on the rarity of the item found."

"Everything is acceptable, and cause I like you I'll give you a word of caution those specifications are very important don't think them light." with a literal wave of his hand a twitch of his pointed digits he brushed aside the topic, moving to pour from a large flask of wine obese in base and thin around the neck. "Wine, I find it helps me think or did. Ever since that fateful day I keep imagining what this would taste like, you know the coolness, the taste." he paused letting silence reign supreme letting the mental image develop in those around him, he wanted to see the [member="Vessel of Vornskr"], drink there was something human in drinking something about sacrificing mind for taste, and what did humans have, weaknesses. Always keep your employer guessing they'd become complacent if not given food for thought "Have some meat as well, candied starfish". He pointed to a platter of sparkling stars coated in a light dusting of sugar and blue flakes, food for thought indeed, this was political maneuvering 101, and he fancied himself a politician of a sort after all pirates were just more honest about stealing.

"Contracts, I more or less looking for more of them, more involved I look upon your order favourably, and would be interested in more long term engagements."

He raised his hand in a dismissive gesture, "I wish no offense, exalted one, but I do not eat or drink anymore. My station forbids me to partake in such trivialities, you must understand." The Vessel did not remove his helmet for anything, unless his master specifically demanded it of him (which he never did). And it was true that the man hidden behind those scarlet robes and reflective helmet no longer had the desire, or need, to eat or drink anymore. He had been stripped of such wants when he entered Darth Vornskr's service to better serve as his emissary within and without of the Empire, just like he was doing now meeting with these representatives of the Hutt Cartel. "But if you wouldn't mind, perhaps my guards could partake in your hospitality? They do not share the same burden as I do."

The two guards behind the Vessel had been milling about silently ever since they arrived, but the prospect of free food and drink piqued their interests.

"Of course." he slid the candied star fish towards them, the glint of light running the length of the crystallised forms, one was turned on its back its tiny rocky ridges open and the suckers frozen in time with the sweet hardened gel that covered them, he waved with a curt movement of his index finger following an invisible line as it went back and than forward gesturing for some neighbouring slaves, 'bring more food', it seemed to say or 'I'm just having a spasm in my right hand' either one could be possible.

"Now where were we, contracts. Yes. You understand privateering is only a means to an ends, until military restrictions is put on the lane and the regular army comes in." he produced a cigar leaned across the table, his abdomen colliding with its edge making a few dents and scratches on its lacquered surface as he lit the cigar on a brazier. "So what do the Sith, have in stock. Who you out to destroy this time." the smoke rolled out lazily flowing on the ebb and pull of his respirator system, a small wave of smoke would coil around the cyborg before being expelled with a movement of his arm or a twitch of his chest.

[member="Vessel of Vornskr"]

"So long as the Empire has enemies there will always be a steady line of work for people of your caliber, and more coin for the Hutt Cartel to acquire." the Vessel replied in a matter-of-fact tone of voice. It seemed to common now to find enemies looking to tear down the Order that the Sith have constructed within the shining jewel of the galaxy, and many of them tended not to bat an eye to use excessive force and violence against them to achieve their desired liberty. But it was the game they had played for thousands of years, the constant struggle between freedom and security, law and liberty, stability and anarchy, and it would continue to rage long after both individuals ceased to exist. Even the current regimes of both sides would never see the final climax of their fighting, their hatred directed at each other that brewed into this devastating war that cut a swath of destruction through the Colonies.

The Vessel would again remove a holoprojector from his cloak, this one displaying the symbol of the despised Galactic Alliance. A organization that could loosely be considered an alliance, and was perhaps the farthest thing from galactic in any sense of the word. "The Galactic Alliance. A terrorist organization formed by deserters of the Republic. They've set themselves up in the Mid Rim and have spread inward towards the Core along the Rimma Trade Route. They've become something of a nuance, and the Empire would like to see their trade and movement of soldiers disrupted."

"Today's terrorists are tomorrows empire, I've funded a few in my time to know that governments aren't as rock stable as they think they are, look at the Republic, giants fall and we all need good friends in these uncertain times." he reached over to the bottle of wine, tugging its cork free with a 'pop' and pouring himself a glass more in habit than want, 'a drink, a drink'. "oh." he said picking up the glass before tossing it over himself and at some hapless slave, as if he was to blame and not himself.

"That wraps everything up I believe," he stood moving to the side of the table, wrapping a steely arm around one of the [member="Vessel of Vornskr"] men, shoving a platter of food towards his chest. "take it, I don't think I could eat one more candied star fish." truth be told he couldn't eat, and the cigar that he rolled lazily from one finger to the next, bridging the knuckles in a quick slight of hand until moved to his pinky and ring finger, it did nothing for him only habit. "Anything you wish to discuss, any questions, come now you've hardly asked anything of us. Does my reputation speak so much about myself?"

"We did not come to mingle, we came to offer you a job and nothing more. And if that is all, then we will take our leave and will eagerly wait for news of your success against the terrorists." If that truly was the end of the discussion then the Vessel would gather his belongings and would retreat back into the starship that bore them passage to Cyborrea.

((Short post is short, but there's not a whole lot left to say.))

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom