Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Primordial Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Image Source: N/A
Intent: To create an ultralight material for use in manufacturing armour, weapons, and other military goods.
Development Thread: Dev Thread (The posts between myself, Setzi Lunelle, and Khaleel Malvern battling pirates)
Manufacturer: The Primeval Fleet
Model: N/A
Affiliation: The Primeval
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material: Frasium, Alum, Iron
Description: Designed as an ultralight and energy resistant alloy for armour plating, Primordial Steel is comprised mainly of the metals frasium and alum with some iron content. The alloy is similar in weight to terenthium-desh and because of its high melting point due to the frasium base, the high temperature resulting from a blaster bolt's kinetic energy upon impact would do little damage to the alloy; resulting in scorch marks and scratches along the plating when used in armour.

The armour has only one significant drawback; it's considerably fragile and prone to lacerations from melee weapons and penetration from projectiles. As well heavy blaster weaponry will be enough to cause serious damage to the alloy if not melt through in only a couple of hits depending on the thickness of the plating. A well-placed lightsaber strike will severely damage the alloy if not cut through completely. Besides armour the alloy may prove useful in manufacturing weapons, droid chassis, and light vehicle plating. Primordial Steel may also prove useful as an underlay to reinforce stronger alloys such as Durasteel.

Strengths:
High Melting Point: Standard blaster fire can't melt Primordial Steel beams, requiring heavier energy weapons such as an E-Web to do the trick.
Ultralight: The alloy is extremely light in weight, similar to Terenthium-Desh, making it excellent as an underlay or light armour.

Weaknesses:
Quite Fragile: Primordial Steel is not--relatively speaking--a durable metal as it sacrifices ballistic resistance for improved energy resistance.
Not a True Steel: Despite its iron content, the alloy has very little of it thus making it the target of bullying in the metal-manufacturing community.

Primary Source:[SIZE=12.222222328186px] [/SIZE][SIZE=12.222222328186px]N/A[/SIZE]

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Anja Aj'Rou"]
Before I get deep into this I have some questions and clarifications that need to be made.

How Resistant to Lightsabers is it?
How much does it weigh compared to Songsteel?
What do you consider a Heavy Blaster to be? E-Web, T-21, Bigger than E-Web?

Anja Aj'Rou said:
the high temperature resulting from a blaster bolt's kinetic energy upon impact would do little damage to the alloy
Anja Aj'Rou said:
Quite Fragile: Primordial Steel is not--relatively speaking--a durable metal and is easily lacerated by melee weapons and can be penetrated by projectiles.
First these are conflicting statements. If it can absorb high kinetic energy, its not fragile. Second Blasters don't deal lots of kinetic energy.

Draco Vereen said:
How Resistant to Lightsabers is it? How much does it weigh compared to Songsteel? What do you consider a Heavy Blaster to be? E-Web, T-21, Bigger than E-Web?
  1. A well-placed lightsaber strike will do serious damage if not cut through entirely. However I'd say a glancing blow/graze would only do minor damage to the armour.
  2. It's heavier than songsteel, more around the weight of Terenthium-Desh, just with a higher energy resistance and slightly lower durability.
  3. Something along the lines of an E-Web, yes.

Draco Vereen said:
First these are conflicting statements. If it can absorb high kinetic energy, its not fragile. Second Blasters don't deal lots of kinetic energy.
I was referring to this

Blaster bolts themselves carried no heat. On impact, however, their displacement of matter produced kinetic energy that causes heat:
Taken from the wookieepedia article on blasters.

Anja Aj'Rou said:
High Melting Point: Standard blaster fire can't melt Primordial Steel beams, requiring heavier energy weapons to do the trick. Ultralight: The alloy is extremely light in weight making it excellent as an underlay or light armour.
Two two clarifications above should be noted in the submission. Finally, sustained fire should be able to over come this given enough bolts in short enough time.

Anja Aj'Rou said:
Quite Fragile: Primordial Steel is not--relatively speaking--a durable metal and is easily lacerated by melee weapons and can be penetrated by projectiles.
So to be clear it trades resistant to Slugs and Blades for added Blaster Protection? It reads that way but I want to be sure since we are dealing with a new material.

Finally, I am going to ask for 20 Quality Posts of Development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom