Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Primeval Expedition to Pax Insul (OOC)

island%20planet.jpg
So I'm an unfamiliar face - especially this character, being somewhat new - to the Primeval, but I'm sort of living (if you want to count being trapped in stasis within an oubliette as living) on your newly (?) discovered planet of Pax Insul. Yes, I know what you're thinking, all sentient life was wiped out thousands of years ago! Well, luckily for me (and perhaps unluckily for you) I am a bit older than that. Eh, give or take ten thousand years and some change. Anyways, this thread will be dedicated to the exploration of the planet of Pax Insul by the Primeval its allies, and maybe a few other people that want to explore the unknown reaches of space and enjoy an "island getaway". (Because it's an island planet, get it?)

On Pax Insul there are several notable locations that archeologists, geologists, and the like have labeled as "important". Of course, to me it's just a bunch of overgrowth and stuff that is absolutely boring, but I'm sure there's at least a few trinkets and such you might find useful - or maybe the ruins of an ancient civilization. Well, without further ado, here are the important stops you might be looking at landing for this exploration - of which I will not be accompanying you, in part because I'm already here.
  • The Bay of Secrets
tropical_islands_by_miss_velance-d4nuj5e.jpg
Okay, okay, I know I said things were boring here, but let me get started by saying this is probably the most beautiful part of the planet - at least in my, erm, humble opinion. Erosion, both by wind and water, seem to have changed the shape of the coastline since I last walked them, and don't get me started on the strange evolution of plant life to becoming so small. But this is the border on which the second largest island sits, and there you might find buried remnants of some tribal people from before the planet's population disappeared - or at least maybe a few tools of which would have lasted longer than human bone. Well, that isn't entirely accurate - if you explore the island that sits along the edge of this bay, the second largest island that is, you might find something of interest. Sadly that interest is not me, but hey! You win some, you lose some, right?

• The Hidden Isle
tropical_islands_by_jonathandevos-d5nqn7g.png
Now, I'm not one for naming things in ways that make no sense from my perspective, and because my perspective has always been from the ground I can't possibly fathom why they call this beautiful island "hidden". It's practically impossible to miss from any island nearby, especially at elevated levels. Like the island sitting by the bay of secrets, there's large sheer cliffs, mountains that keep on growing up, and white sandy beaches. In my opinion this is the single most important place on the planet - at least for its lost history. Here the planet saw the rise of a tribal people that overtook the advanced culture of the mainlands (well, as close to being a continent as the two larger islands could possibly get) and eventually the disappearance of an entire people. It also saw the first Sith Lord to step foot on the planet's soil, or at least to my knowledge at least. There's a lot of things here that could be discovered, probably more interesting than architectural ruins, but at the same point maybe not. From what I hear, this island is invisible from space, so I suppose I concede it might be somewhat hidden, but I think such a name coincidentally eludes to something else being tucked away here. Oh, right, and it is almost always raining here. Every day, day in and day out, the air grows humid and then boom - let loose the floods. Well, not actual floods, but you get the picture. (Lets go ahead and decide it will be raining here, uhuh?)

• The Lonely Lights
underwater_city_by_nkabuto-d473jux.jpg
Now I'll admit - I have absolutely no idea what is down here. It must have sprung up after I .. well, after I went to sleep. But, and I'll let your guys explain this one, it is:
Easily the most remarkable location and the most difficult to traverse, the lonely lights is the only known ruin of an advanced civilization on the world. The underwater city has been eroded away by undersea currents, earthquakes, and water pressure leaving behind a large yet desolate ruin. A fascinating detail, and its namesake, are the lit signs dotting the many structures; the civilization responsible for the settlement's construction had invented an advanced form of solar energy that even worked in places where sunlight barely touched, causing all functioning technology relying on this power source to still operate underwater.

So there you have it! Now have at it, come on, get going! Everyone who participates will get a special gift, and there's a few pieces of old stuff that you might find.

(Note: I am not "taking charge" of this expedition, just starting things out for everyone so I can get out of this box get started with some fun)

All you explorers reading this now, keep in mind you can go anywhere you want - though I highly suggest locations one and two, personally - and do whatever it is you'd like. This is the OOC thread for this exploration.

IC Thread is up

[member="Zambrano the Hutt"] [member="Anja Aj'Rou"]

[member="Braith"]

Hello, I had asked a previous member of the primeval to join this exhibition to you planet. He had given his permission but I would like to double up on the permission and request that myself and a few NPCs of the Trade Conglomerate explore this planet.

We will be adding your planet to a Hyperlane through the Unknown and was wondering if I could join this thread?

[member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"]
I have don't personally see an issue with you joining the thread, just make sure you ask [member="Zambrano the Hutt"] or [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] before you try to do anything big (because it isn't my place to say you can or cannot do things) as I'm not an admin of the Primeval faction.

I'll be posting the IC thread once I finish with my tears.

Tagging those who were interested prior to my posting this:
[member="Lord Sabastian"]
[member="Nulgath Zardai"]
[member="Salaza"]

[member="Lord Sebastian"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member=T'zanith Zebron] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Vitor Imperieuse"]
Because Corvus will be away for the next several days, and because I'm a little occupied with a heavy work weekend (though Sunday is going to suck) I will be putting any posts from me that deal with my character, directly, and Corvus' on hold until she returns following the next post I will be making.

If anyone in the thread (or anyone new) would like to take a chance at discovering something, or want me to write an NPC in opposition/support for their characters, I will gladly do so, just no Braith responses until I've been replied to by everyone (including Corvus).

Braith said:
[member="Lord Sebastian"] | [member="Jaster of Clan Awaud"] | [member=Darth Erebos] | [member="Token Waters"] | [member="Corvus Raaf"] | [member="Vitor Imperieuse"]
I will be altering this faction thread into a dominion, so please add a post count total at the end of your posts out of 20, and please let me know if you might reach that limit. We're at 53 right now, and I'm at 12/20 posts, so we have just 47 more posts to go (and I only have 8 more posts I can make until this is over).

This thread will remain open to any and all members of the Primeval (of course) as well as anyone interested from outside of the faction, such as someone who might oppose the occupation of an uninhabited world? In either case, my hogging the spotlight in the thread is coming to a close and now the Primeval can swoop in and establish some sort of presence on the planet. Maybe an archaeology dig? If objectives are needed/wanted, I'll create some.

Obligatory tags for those who were interested but haven't joined in yet:
  • [member="Catalys Maijora"]
  • [member="Darth Azurea"]
  • [member="Naimes Ahn-Dross"]
  • [member="Salaza"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom