Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Praestigiae Ginnregin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sala'dine

Admiral of the Ghost Fleet
Fn5Yw7h.png
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
SPECIAL FEATURES
STRENGTHS
  • Advanced Power source: Made to power entire planets from a single source or massive stations on par with world ships.
WEAKNESSES
  • Built in power source: Designed with its own internal power source that is long lasting but it is largely able to power the armor and systems of the vehicle but when damaged it is highly explosive.
  • Heavy
DESCRIPTION
Discovered by Sorel and Orihime, well at least some of it. The world of Sangral was experimenting in one of their advanced labs with finding ways to use their new power source and discovering ways to use it with their existing technologies. The sleg an ore found on their planet increases the energy output of power sources and reactors exponentially giving their cities power that was able to last long after they were gone. The large ship based reactors are massive and designed to provide high amounts of energy output. The original idea was to try and make the reactors as something they could use in a number of designs and equipment.

That did not happen as the reactors even with resistant materials that were lighter weight were still making it very heavy. The reactors are built into the super structure of the ships and designed to be protected from damage but it can become one of the more dangerous parts of a ship. The energy output was high already thanks to the information but with the energy increase of the sleg it allows it to exponentially increase the energy output making a little energy go a long way while the rest can be stored in capacitors to use throughout the ships. Energy output for weapons and shields or the engines so that you can improve performance. The adjustable performance of the reactor and energy output is not without its drawbacks as making it stronger in one area will lower the energy output in another. For a combat scenario this can impact the weapons output and the shields overall strength.

Sala'dine moved and after returning to Sangral with the others to see what they would be abel to do with the research and information. Mining the sleg and creating in her ship the first prototype of the reactor after they overhauled it. The test firing of the weapons with and without the reactor installed were very different as was the needs. Remembering some older bases where research was being done she went to discover it and compare the research that was being used hundreds of years ago. Her work with it and going after some of the older research so that they would be able to access and use dark energy without converting it.

The conversion was where the problems came in as the reactors themselves were being set up within the ship and the size and need for it. They wouldn't be able to use it in smaller ships, vehicles, equipment but those could be made faster. instead with the weight it was being designed for either heavy walkers that would be in smaller numbers or into large scale battle ships. Wanting to work on more of it the woman spent the time after they overhauled testing out the movement as well as the weapon and shielding systems of the ship. Distributing the energy depends on the ship but it can be used to empower and strength weapons, shields or the engines.

As research and development into quintessence and dark energy have improved as well as sleg. The ginnregin has developed into less a smaller scale model and instead into a massive planet or station based power source. Drawing and creating its energy on a scale that few others can match. Sala'dine bringing it as a means to improve other planets where they can drop it off and solve a problem of enerrgy consumption or production needs.

Last edited:
<p>RESEARCH REVIEW<br />-----<br />Star Wars Canon:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />Starwars Chaos:<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITHOUT DEV THREADS<br />Pending initial review<br />------<br />WITH DEV THREADS<br />Pending Initial review<br />------<br />SUGGESTIONS<br />Pending Inital review</p>

[member="Sala'dine"]

Please remove the unusual character from the name.

Please drop production by a lot. Quintessence is very powerful and special, and you're not mass producing it. I'd most comfortable at semi unique, but i might be cool with limited if you throw in another serious weakness. That's pending consultations with the powers that be: quintessence is a huge can of worms to open.

Please outline approximately how much increased power output we're talking.

Frankly, my concern right now is that you'll plug this into any given ship and feel free to radically increase its speed, firepower, or shield strength on a moment's notice. I also anticipate that, much like your performance booster, this reactor will get plugged into long lists of links so that its benefits won't be clearly visible to a judge.

Sala'dine

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

edited and well given it was being allowed for ground soldiers here though with a 30 post for limited. I plugged this for large ships and heavy vehicles only. Granted I only know what the judge was giving for that one and it is being worked on.

So production reduced, another weakness added that should hopefully count for both a way to keep some of the worms. The conversion to phantom energy a process that is also not really explained isn't there. The hard stats for it hopefully are fine.

and name changed

Sala'dine

[member="Jorus Merrill"] if they put all power to weapons I guess. You know I dislike gun counts and it is canon that stronger power sources can increase the output of weapons and shields. Isotope 5 enhanced droids being a prime example

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Isotope-5

During the battle for Makeb, the Hutt scientists developed a number of combat uses for the substance, including a series of war droids to attack Makeb's civilians and resistance forces, powered by isotope-5 fuel rods that generated stronger energy shields and more powerful blaster fire.
This would be the same thing just with different energy type.

Sala'dine

[member="Jorus Merrill"] it would function much like in Star Trek Online with the distribution gauge.

Sala'dine said:
increase the energy output making a little energy go a long way while the rest can be stored in capacitors to use throughout the ships. Energy output for weapons and shields or the engines so that you can improve performance.
it is mentioned here but I shall expand it to be more clear. You'd have Shields, Weapons, Engines and the middle. You could adjust it as you want with different effects as each side getting stronger would weaken the others. So having 3x weapon output would lower engine speed to 1x and shield strength to 1x.

Sala'dine

[member="Jorus Merrill"]

I don't know what it would do to the armament rating. It isn't make a ship suddenly have more gun they would just be able to hit harder. Overdrive for ships store energy and use them to increase the power of weapons much the same. Standard blasters have adjustable power settings where you can do more energy output with more draw on the power cell. Doesn't make more weapons just more energy being used. As damage is determined by the other person the damage output could be a superlaser level and it could still just plink harmlessly off the shields.

[member="Sala'dine"]

Neither argument really clicks for me. One gun that can suddenly hit like three guns is still basically three guns, and despite the superlaser comparison, we still track armament ratings. If you want this approved, you're going to need to give a specific answer on how this component affects the key stats of a ship: armament rating, defense rating, and speed/maneuverability.

Sala'dine

It can't alter the armament rating if you have 100 guns on a ship then you are still going to have 100 guns regardless of whether you are pumping more power through them. Power adjustment is a part of star wars, you divert energy from one area to improve another that is just basic give and take. Having something like this won't suddenly make you grow more gun or more engines or suddenly have more hull for your ship. More energy can mean more power to the engines letting you push it fast even when it is a titanic beast. Diverting power to make any area stronger is basic fleeting, divert energy from the engines so you are stationary and enhance the strength of the shields or put it all to the weapons and get stronger attacks. You taught me that. This is literally doing the same thing just now there is a submission to go with the reactor that is providing the power.

[member="Sala'dine"]
Sure, but not to the extent you're describing. If you literally triple firepower at the drop of a hat, that affects armament rating. If you triple shield power, that affects defensive rating. If you radically increase engine power, that affects speed rating. I've asked the same question four times now in four different ways, and it's an important question re: how you intend to use this sub and what it actually does. Please give some indication of how this sub will affect armament and defense ratings for purpose-built or aftermarket-modified ships (I.e. ships which already have set ratings).

Sala'dine

It can't, you said (way back when I was adding mods to my dark harvest event prize with Shinju), braith said (in submission mods, spencer said (I think I asked her), resh said (in skype after I made one of my subs), gir said (as more a general reminder when someone asked). new ship parts can't be applied to old submissions they require a whole new sub that has to be judged by the factory. Since several months back when I worked to modify the crystal weave into the synthweave and was told something that altered it that much requires a new sub. Then received a message answering if that was for all areas of the factory. Unless this ruling has changed where I can start adding things like the performance booster, thrusters and some other modifications. This was never built with any thoughts or inclinations to go on old subs because as far as I have been told it can't be used on them. If this has changed then please tell me because then I have a lot more to think about for purposes of it and it opens a whole slew of things I wasn't even thinking about before.

[member="Sala'dine"]

I think you've misunderstood. Sure, major alterations would require rejudging, but adding a single component, depending on what that component does, could easily be done with submission modification requests. When I'm talking about adding this component to an existing ship, I'm talking about that, and about submitting modified versions, and about submitting 'type II' versions and so forth. Those are three cases, and brand new ships are a fourth, where it would be essential to know what this thing does to the base stats.

Sala'dine

[member="Jorus Merrill"] ah well for the base I would say +3/0 to base rating much like when working with the performance booster or an overdrive it has the normal with the increased there clearly marked with the limitation of it being unable to go over or under for different ratings.

Sala'dine

[member="Jorus Merrill"] like this

Engines
+3 speed -3 maneuverability (minimum of .5 speed max 20 speed) -3 armament -3 defense (minimum of.5)

Armament
+3 armament -3 defense (minimum of .5 defense max 20 armament) -3 speed (minimum of.5)

Defense
+3 defense -3 armament (minimum of .5 armament max 20 defense) -3 speed (minimum of.5)

as Braith said for the booster you can't go 0 speed or exceed 20 in any rating regardless of most factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom