Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Politicians Drive You Crazy (COMPLETE)

Ugg. Politicians. They were everywhere. He walked through the senate building's halls because someone had decided that he was supposed to go and peruse the place for the day. It seemed there were potential leaks in security, and one of those leaks could involve information getting to the Sith Empire. That was a serious problem, so even though he didn't particularly want to be around politicians all day, he'd accepted the task. He could get over it for a day, right?

Lifting a hand, he ran it through his hair and then stifled a yawn. He wore the typical brown robes of a Jedi, though he was wearing battle armor and not the typical under robes. Kamon was a fighter, not a thinker. When he went somewhere, he was going to be prepared for anything that could happen.

Incidentally, he ended up outside of the office of the Vice Chancellor, where he paused. There was a funny vibe coming to him from somewhere in the vicinity. He spun around and felt out with the Force, just making sure that it wasn't coming from somewhere else beforehand. It wasn't. Nope, it was definitely coming from her office. He tilted his head to the side for a moment and stared at the door before he stepped back from it, leaned against the wall opposite, and decided to wait and just see what happened.

Hanna couldn't believe she had her own office, she was still adjusting to this all, somehow she had become the Vice Chancellor and recieved all the perks and paperwork to go with it. Luckily she had assistants to help with that though. The scary thing was that the 'interns' were the same age or so as her, it was so strange, that she could be here at this age. It was still overwhelming as she tried to hide behind her stuff, as her chief assistant, a woman 2 years her elder, went over each item she needed to address, but that was all she could take.

Hanna took a deep breath, she needed to clear the air, and take a step back, it was too much, " After your meeting with the Senator, you have" " I am sorry Nancy, but I need to clear the air, " Hanna then proceeded to book it out of her office, she couldn't wait to get away, that was when she found her self running straight into the jedi by her door.

Hrm. Awkward way to meet someone.

"Oh, pardon me Ms... Vice Chancellor."

Yes, he recognized her. It paid to pay attention to things even if you didn't much care for them. Word was she had a very promising, and long, career ahead of her. He'd only heard good things. So far. Stepping back from her, he bowed deeply and respectfully. He might not care for politics, and most politicians for that matter, but respect was earned and someone of her station, especially someone who'd obtained it at such a young age, deserved respect. Besides, she was kind of cute.

He straightened once more and clasped his hands behind his back as he did so.

"Seems like the feeling I had gotten was coming from you. You seem distressed. Everything alright?"

She blushed bright red as she realized she had walked into a jedi, She couldn't believe it, " I am so sorry, " Hanna couldn't believe it, the man infront of her, was obvioulsy a higher ranked jedi than most she had come across, but she got sort of quiet as she noticed that dispite his age he seemed sort of good looking. Of course leave it to your self to be attracted to every jedi you meet, Hanna thought as she looked up, suddenly realizing she had not said anything for a while. It was a long day.
" How do you know... " She sighed, looking flustered, " I just need to get away from business for a walk or something, It is all just a bit too much for me, I just can't seem to wrap my head around it all" and here she was spilling her guts to the random man she just met... it was going to be a swell rest of her day.. and she didn't even know the mans name.

"Politics is enough to drive many people crazy. Takes a strong mind to deal with it. From what I hear, you have a bright future ahead of you."

He smiled a little and then motioned with his hand towards the hall.

"If you don't mind a little company, I'll walk with you. Seems you could use someone to talk to. I can be a good listener."

Of course, she was probably going to say that she wanted to be alone, which was fine with him. It wasn't like they had an appointment. He'd just come along and felt something was off before being run over by the Vice Chancellor of the Republic. Not every day that happened. Not every day that happened and he wouldn't complain about it. Besides, he did feel that she needed someone who was willing to listen rather than just dealing with people who wanted something.

"I'm Jedi Master Kamon Vondiranach, by the way."

she didn't know why she was doing it but why not, this man seemed to actually want to listen to her, and didn't want anything, she noticed the jedi were good at that. She had to admire them, they intrigued her. So she figured why not let Kamon join her, it wasn't like she really cared, she just wanted to escape Nancy. " I would like that if you don't mind, I tire of people always wanting something from me." She began to walk down the hall way, then she heard his title... Master... wow, why were all the masters good looking was the thought she tried to push away as she began to talk a bit" Wow... master, I have made some friends but they are just padawans... I am Hanna Lissiri by the way, though I am sure you know that already. " It was strange, she seemed surprisingly able to talk to him.

" I don't know if I am ready for it, I have already had an attempted assassination and my own people almost started a civil war, and I was useless except for a speech I gave.. I get swamped with meetings and requests all day, and I am suppose to find a way to handle it all and not worry that I make the wrong decision. " She didn't know why she was telling him all of this, but it was refreshing just to have a non politician to talk to. She hated her own kind at this point.

That sounded like a lot to deal with. He walked along beside her, hands still resting behind his back as he did so. She was speaking rather freely, which honestly impressed him under the circumstances. It wasn't often that he met people that could treat him so cavalier as she was. Most were always awe struck or afraid. She was neither, and he found that he was happy about that for some reason.

"Sounds like you've had a lot on your plate. I've been assigned to root out a leak here in the senate as it is. It's possible it could be connected to this potential assassination attempt. Good to know about that."

Worrying, but good to know. Kamon was a citizen of the Republic and he supported it wholeheartedly. That meant that this young lady was very important to him, and he needed to ensure her safety. Best way to do that was just by being near to her. Second best way would be to root out any problematic elements that might be conspiring to do her harm.

"It's impossible not to worry about such things. Whoever gave you that advice was doing you a disservice. If you want to be good at your job, you'll read everything and make an informed decision. Don't let people pressure you for time. You're the Vice Chancellor of the Republic. Don't react to pressure from someone else. I have faith you'll do the right thing by the citizens of this Republic."

A leak... That was never good, She wondered about things, " You might want to check all my new aids, they are the most recent change of staff to the building... " She said thinking on all he said, He was wise, and cute which was what was strange to her, she had never really looked much at men that were older than her yet, but yet this one.. Well she had looked at him, which was odd ,and put her off, but not off enough to keep talking. " But I feel that I cant' throw my weight around, How am I suppose to boss around people up to twice my age or more, I am just some 20 year old that is new to the Republic even. Why would they listen to me... I know I am suppose to be the Vice Chancellor, but I hardly feel it is right for me to take control... from a 50 year old veteran senator. "

Hanna smiled and enjoyed the walk, being quite for a while, it was somehow much nicer to take a walk knowing that you had a jedi master on your side, her guards had never given her this much confidence, they always seemed to just add to her nervous edge. " I know your right, I am the Vice Chancellor, I have the power to ignore their pressure, it is just hard. " She sort of knew she had to start taking charge or she was never going to get anywhere. She also needed to make more connections, no one in the capitol had even aknowledged that it was her birthday today, she frowned knowing that her mother had probably sent her something but still it seemed empty having a birthday here. Hanna felt alone, like a lone fish in the giant pond. She needed to make friends yet she had yet to make any that didn't want anything from her... and the few she did have were busy training to be jedi.

"Everything worth doing is hard. If it wasn't, it wouldn't be rewarding to do it."

Simple, yet truthful. He understood what she was getting at, of course. It was hard to be the new person in a position. People didn't immediately respect you, and truthfully there were probably a lot of people that resented her for having the position. That was not something that was unexpected under the circumstances. In fact, that was probably also a contributing factor to this assassination attempt. That worried him, that someone was out to kill her. He was going to have to see to her getting a better security detail.

She mentioned her aides and he nodded. He would speak with them later. First off, he was going to ensure that she got the break that she needed, and that she was safe while doing so. Even walking around the senate building alone was not a good idea as far as he was concerned. There could be an assassin anywhere amongst the people working there.

"Be confident in yourself. If you exude confidence and stand up for yourself then you'll get the respect you deserve. Don't let people push you around. Stand by what you say, and don't let people pressure you to change your opinion. Research everything yourself, and make your own decisions. Do that and you'll be a great Vice Chancellor."

Hanna laughed " Easy to say hard to do" She would have to take his advice to heart. " So can I know a bit about you, I want to get my mind off things and I always enjoy learning more about the jedi." Why was it that out of all the people in the Republic, all her new aquainteces were Jedi. It was strange and yet she was fascinated with them, they seemed so sure in what they believed and did.

"Also you should share the secret you Jedi seem to have, as you all seem so confident in everything you do." She giggled a bit as she found her self at suprissing ease with this Jedi master. She hoped that he kept with her for a while as she didn't know when she would find someone else like him. Not many took the 20 year old as seriously as Kamon did.

He shrugged.

"I'm from Corellia. My dad was an Echani, my mother was Corellian. They died when I was young and the Jedi took me in. I took to everything really well. Like most kids I thought I was the most powerful person in the galaxy. Learned I wasn't the hard way. Lost... friends, because I was overconfident."

Surprisingly, he didn't mind telling her these things. Maybe it was because he understood that it was a good lesson for her. He didn't think that she was the type to think the world of herself, but he wanted her to understand that it was through trials and tribulations that one reached their full potential. Life was going to be hard for her, but if she took those hardships to heart and realized that they were lessons then she would turn into a truly great young woman.

"I've seen and done just about everything. My confidence is mostly because I know my limitations, having experienced them. My robes and armor hide a lot of old wounds. Some physical, some emotional. It's not the Force that makes us confident, it's our experiences. We're really no different from someone like you, aside from having the Force."

He shot her a smile and admired her for a moment. She seemed to be enjoying their conversation. That was good. Nice to have someone actually want to talk to him.

"I'm not all that strong in the Force, anyway. I'm just good at fighting. Some of the awesome things you might see Jedi do, I can't do. But I can fight and I'm learning more about illusions."

She couldn't believe she was having this conversation, most didn't talk to her like this. She had always seen Jedi as these people who were so different than herself but here one was letting her know that they faced struggles just like her. They had trials and tribulations and came out strong just like normal people. She had never thought about it that way. " Well, I never knew, you force users pull it off well, you always seem so distant so confident and so sure of your selves, you make people like me just wonder how you do it. " She smiled and kept walking before taking a seat on a bench overlooking a nice garden named after someone for some reason or another.
" But That is why i envy people like you the most, because you can protect your selves, When I was at Hapes.. during the fight, I felt so helpless, so Scared, and I had no way other than to steal a grenade and chuck it to defend my self. I was at he mercy of others, and I didn't like it. I couldn't do anything to help myself really. Your good at fighting, and I wish I knew how to do even just a little bit. " she said looking out at the garden. She had recently come to doubt her guards and because of it, had lots of anxiety over her own safety, It as nice to be here with a jedi. Someone who could protect her far better than her own guards. Her face would show her insecurity had returned, She rotated her shoulder out of habit, even though there was no pain, but she remembered the shot that had almost ended her life.

When she stopped and sat down, he stood beside the bench for a moment looking at the garden. So much life. There were some places that it was just nice to sit around and feel the Force out there. If there was ever anything that bothered him, and there were a lot of things that bothered him throughout his life, he knew the way to find solace was to just sit and feel with the Force. So much beautiful, wonderful life.

After a moment, he sat down on the bench beside her. She was insecure, and worried. When she rotated her shoulder, flexing it probably because of some past trauma or out of nervous habit, he reached his hand over to her and laid it on her shoulder. When he did, he let the Force flow through his hand and into her, spreading a gentle warmth through her. If nothing else, it would make her feel good for a moment. Just a gentle good feeling, nothing more.

"Trust me when I say that we're no different from you. We just hide it well."

He smiled at her and then looked back to the garden.

"I can teach you to fight if you want. As an Echani, I've studied the same martial arts that the old Imperial Guards used to train in. It's ingrained in who I am and I can teach you to be able to defend yourself with your hands, at least. You won't be as susceptible to close range."

She smiled as the feeling flowed into her, These darn jedi was all she could think of. What was it with them. She took a deep breath, and seemed much better. " You would be willing to teach me? " She said suprised that a Jedi Master would take the time to do such a thing. He was far too kind, It seemed she had found yet another friend in the Jedi order.
" It amazes me that there are so many people in the Republic... yet so many of them never say hi to the person they happen to be walking near, or standing in a lift with. Which is why I am glad I met you, you have reminded me that I can't keep thinking like a Hapan," She laughed a bit wondering if he knew what she meant. She still had a hard tim accepting that men could be equal yet here she was being proved wrong again.
" Thank you for acompanning me, it is not often I feel so relaxed. " In fact Hanna wondered if she had ever felt at such ease.

"Of course. It's my duty to serve the Republic. Ensuring the safety of the Vice Chancellor is important. Plus you're not like the other politicians I've met around here. I actually don't mind being around you."

He chuckled a bit. No doubt she would understand what he meant. Most politicians could be a royal pain in the ass. They were stuck up and thought about their job all the time, even more than they thought about their constituents. Hanna did not seem like that kind of person. That was great. Not only was she different from the norm, she was beautiful and interesting. He didn't mind that she was half his age. She acted more mature than some people that were his age.

"It is people's nature to act certain ways. Some are friendlier than others. I'm glad I make you think differently about us. There are always good people out there, after all. And you're welcome. Your company has been enjoyable so far and it's nice to learn something about one of the people that makes the hard decisions for the Republic."

Giving her shoulder a gentle squeeze, he withdrew his hand. If he lingered too long it might seem improper and he didn't want that. No. Though he didn't mind being that close to her. She was nice and friendly. And pleasing to the eyes, mind you.

She smiled and found her self closer to him on the bench than she had thought she was but wasn't about to move, He was suprisingly good looking for a man older than her, and she couldn't deny that something about him gave her a feeling she had never felt before. " I suppose your right, most politicians are an rather aweful bunch." She said with a laugh as she looked out, feeling much better about her self. IT was funny how a few words and a squeeze did such for a young woman's mental state. So here is where she engaged her childish side a bit. " So could I maybe see your lightsaber" She blushed, She couldn't believe she had asked but she wanted to see his, they were made by their user and so elegant and beautiful she weanted to see his. Ever since the other master had let her se his she had wanted another chance to see one.

Hanna just hoped she didn't alliente her new friend already as her childlike grin covered her face, she didn't know why she liked lightsabers so much, but thought it was because of their intrigue and mystery. " I mean.. you don't have to, I shouldn't of asked, it is a weapon and not something to show around, " She said looking away, knowing that she most likely had broke the bit of professonailism they had.

Could she see his lightsaber? Normally this was a double entendre. She said one thing, but meant another. He knew she really meant his blade and not something else, of course, and he wasn't going to act childish about it, even though part of him wanted to just to make her giggle. It just wasn't appropriate in the middle of the Senate building. That and there were eyes and ears everywhere and he didn't want her getting a bad reputation.

That said, he reached to his belt and pulled off both of his sabers before holding them out for her to see. She could take them if she wanted, he wouldn't stop her. The only thing he would stop her from doing was activating them because that could be dangerous as she wasn't trained to use them. He knew that some people without the Force could adapt to using them, despite the lack of weight in the blade, but that took practice and guidance from a Jedi before they could actually do that.

"We refer to them as tools. They do much more than hurt people, after all. They can cut through walls, for instance. Say you were trapped in your office and couldn't escape. I could cut through the wall, or the door, with my blade and have you free."

She smiled as she took one into her hands, looking over its simple elegance, she thought that jedis were lucky to have such tools on them. Kamon might notice that she was at least somewhat familiar with it. " Jedi Master Darron, let me try his, I can't believe how light they are... Thank you, " She said not wanting to give it back as there was something about them but she put the one back in his hand and looked at the other one. "I saw that you can deflect things as well."

She looked up at him and gave his second lightsaber back looking up at him. She looked to the garden and then back at him. " Would you join me for lunch? my treat, well the Senate's treat really but I would love to have the company, and perhaps you can tell me about an adventure or two. " She said with a smile, She liked this man, something about him seemed to make her comfortable with him. She wasn't sure that he would want to join a boring politician for lunch, as she wouldn't blame him, she didn't like her own kind.

"Darron Wraith? I know him. Known him for years, but it's been a while since I've seen him. Work keeps me busy."

She examined his sabers and then returned him. He promptly returned them to his belt and looked back to her. She mentioned going with her to have some lunch and he thought about it for a moment. On one hand, it might seem like he was avoiding doing his job. On the other hand, the Vice Chancellor was asking him to join her for lunch and refusing would be a potential problem. He knew she wouldn't make it a problem, of course, but that wasn't the issue. He was just trying to justify going since he wanted to.

"Sure, I'll join you. I can get back to work after. And I'll start with your aides."

He smiled and winked at her at that. She'd been the one to suggest he start with them since they were the newest bunch to arrive in the Senate. It made probable sense that one of them could be a mole. A mole that close to her was going to cause some serious problems. Not wanting to allow harm to come to her, he figured that the best thing he could do was ensure that she was save.

"What kind of cuisine are you in the mood for?"

" I am not really sure, I still don't know all the places around her, I am used to having my mother's cheif at my disposal." She looked at him and jumped up and pulled him up by his arm playfully if he let her. " Come on daylights wasting good sir. " She was having fun, as she knew that she was missing meeting with her Nancy, about an issue she had made a decision about but should be thought of more.. and such. It was that someone was using her chief of staff to try to convince her to go ther way.

" I think you shall pick, as you clearly have more experience than I" It was a slight dig at his age, but a playful one, She had loosened up around him for some reason or another, and it was nice to be able to let her guard down. It was a change in pace, and he had helped steady her resolve, perhaps she would have to make a habit of knowing where he was so she could talk to him in the future. She wasn't surprised that he knew Darron, as Jedi obviously were in the same circle. Hanna smiled as she looked around one last time, she did love gardens, they reminded her slightly of her homeworld, the world had been largely untouched for reasons of beauty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom