Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POD Racing

In my 13 or so years of writing Star Wars, I haven't once participated in any roleplay that has involved POD Racing. I would like to change that, as I believe Chaos gives us a platform to roleplay something fun. I have a few ideas that we could roleplay on, involving a wide spectrum of roleplay that is already going on with Chaos.
  • Corporations / Ship Manufacturers: I don't know if anyone watches Formula 1 (I don't much either tbh), but in the real world, various corporations / car manufacturers support / sponsor the drivers and their cars in races, such as the Formula 1's Grand Prix. Chaos is full of corporations, with nearly all of them ship manufacturers. Wouldn't it be fun if we all got together for some friendly rivalry, to determine who has the best technology?
  • Betting / Gambling: Real world gambling is against the site rules. I speak of In Game currency. Back room deals, bets on the winners etc. I think this is an element missing in Chaos, with games like Sabacc being lost in the criminal underworld. I think this would be a fun element to bring in as well.
  • Deception / Political Intrigue: With the recent rise of smaller groups, such as [member="Janus"] and his Black Sun Syndicate or [member="Darth Ferus"] / [member="Darth Ophidia"]'s Sith Assassins, there is an element of opportunity for such an event, based on who wants to be involved. Anything can go, so long as it's realistic and fun for everyone.
I've run out of ideas. Most of it is based on Episode 1: Phantom Menace, when Qui Gonn uses the Tatooine race to free Anakin and get the parts he needs to repair the starship they are using to get to Coruscant. Chaos is so diverse, that we could put that to shame.

Thoughts? Anyone interested?

[member="Alicia Drey"]

Kind of gave up on the Black Sun, that's a lost cause.

However, the Paladin Consortium is up and running with a pretty good member base. I'd be interested in sponsoring a racer in the name of the Paladins.

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Those races don't prove who's the better manufacturer. It only shows who pays more for their drivers and crew. And has been that way for decades. Except if you're Lotus or Pastor Maldonado.

Personally I think starfighter racing is so much more fun and lucrative, but I can give pods a go.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Did you get my PM? :p I'll also see about including the Morpho Sports Complex for sure!

[member="Cheshire"]

I disagree. I don't follow Formula 1 much, but the team that Hamilton is on right is obviously the better manufacturer compared to the other teams, considering they've won the builders champ for the past two years and their drivers are consistently in pole positions etc. I know you're a creative person though, so I'm more than happy to roleplay with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom