Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Phrikity Phrik Phrik [invite only]

Arkania

The harsh climate of Arkania didn't catch the eyes of many in the galaxy which didn't brought a lot of settlers and tourists. But as they always say: you can't judge a book by its cover. This freezing planet has many secrets from those who didn't pay attention to it or ignored it and those secrets are rich minerals and precious diamonds. Those who were brave to face the climate became lucky and soon became wealthy and rich. One of these precious minerals was phrik. A valuable mineral that is only one of the existing minerals that could fight against a light saber. Which was exactly why Canal was in the system.

In a Liberty Concord gunship above Arkania stood Canal and a pilot operating the ship with mining supplies to extract phrik. He knew it would be cold so he prepared himself for the coming cold storm and had hot chocolate with him in a canteen.

"Sir, we're about to enter the planet in several minutes."

Canal nodded at the words and made sure he had everything with him: his assault rifle, in case someone would attack him which would be rare, and a pickaxe. He wish he would brought some explosions to get the job done but he was sure that the inhabitants would provide him with that. If not it would be more like an exercise for him to strengthen his muscles.

@[member=Vulpesen]

Vulpesen's Paladin skimmed over the surface of the planet of Arkania. Once again, the he had decided to send himself off to another one of his private training missions, bringing only a small but necessary crew to help with his ship. As he looked for a good space, Ace alerted him to a blip on the screen. Looking down, Vulpesen found himself looking at the registration of another ship, on which he could sense another presence. Deciding to be a friendly person, the master tapped into the com channel. "Vulpesen Torrevaso here, who might I have the pleasure of addressing?"

[member="Canal Tal'Verda"]

"Sir, there's another ship in the area. Permission to engage?"

"No. We're not here to have a dog fight or whatever. We're just here to get phrik."

The pilot nodded and continued driving the ship toward the planet. Suddenly there was a voice asking who was in the ship. Canal didn't ignored the voice cause he was better than that and decided to respond back to this Vulpesen.

"This is Canal Tal'Verda, Mr. Torrevaso. I hope that you aren't here to collect a bounty and that we don't engage in combat." The clone said to Vulpesen. That name sounded familiar and noticed that it was one of the top bounties that the Suns put on his head. Luckily Canal wasn't a bounty hunter or one of those scums of the galaxy cause there would be a lot of tension. He wondered what brought the Jedi to this icy hell planet and decided to ask what business the Jedi had.

"Master Jedi, what business do you have on Arkania if you don't mind me asking that to you? Because I'm here to mine phrik and since this is one of the only few places to mine phrik and I wonder if that too brought you here to this Ice Age planet."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen grinned as he heard the voice. It was familiar, just not completely acquainted. "Don't worry about me. Y'all ain't the only ones with a price on your head." Vulpesen let out a small laugh. Of course, Dredge wanted him dead but he had to wonder, did the Black Sun still want him? No matter, it was still a common ground. "I'm here to do a bit of training, but considering our purposes, I think we might have a mutual benefit. If your don't mind being knocked on your rear end by a few ground quakes, then I think that your mining operation might be able to use my skills." Much like the last time he had been to the planet, Vulpesen intended to learn how to increase his strength and shake the ground. It was a simple exercise, but it still needed practice and the jedi didn't exactly like it when he put cracks in their nice temple floors. In any case, he had an idea for some armor stuck in his head (much as he assumed Canal did), and this partnership might help to kill two kreehawks with one stone.

"That sounds like a good idea. Would save me a lot if time. Believe me, I've been in worse situations than getting my butt on the ground just because its moving." It would help Canal a lot that this kind Jedi would lend him a helping hand to extract some phrik so he could make some armor for the Concord. The ship that Canal is on got passed through the atmosphere and was dropping altitude so they could find a place to land. Even though snow is soft and you can easily stand in it, it can't support heavy objects such as a frigate or a gunship. They finally found a safe place to land and the pilot lowered down the ship for landing

"Have fun, sir."

"Shut up. At least I'm more manly than you."

He exited out of the ship and faced the damn snow. Even if you had armor on you can still feel the cold. Canal waited for the Jedi to land do they could begin on their mining adventure.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen rolled his eyes at the statement. "Haven't we all." With his radar and his eyes, the jedi watched as Canal found a place to land. Deciding to trust the other vessel's decisions, the jedi brought himself down to land next to [member="Canal Tal'Verda"]'s ship. Hitting the stepping down the ramp, Vulpesen found himself shrinking back into his ship at the burst of cold. "Kriff, I hate the cold!" Wrapping his robes tighter around himself, Vulpesen stayed where he was for a few moments before slowly getting out. Calling the force to his body, the jedi did what he could to warm himself as he walked over to Canal. "You got any equipment for this?"

"You should've brought a coat," the clone said jokingly at jedi as he saw him wrapping himself in his robes trying to be warm. He took out his canteen that contained the hot chocolate and offered it to Vulpesen. "Drink it. It'll keep you warm, and yes, I do have a pickaxe but it's my only equipment," as he motioned the tool in his hand. The storm of cold was getting stronger and chillier that even his armor couldn't resist against such temperature and climate. They either needed to get to a mining camp or find any locals so they could buy mining equipment and have a cup of coffee or hot chocolate so they could get the phrik as soon as possible. "Since you're the wise guy, should we just go to a mine or should we find a local town, buy equipment and plan how we're going to do this. Cause I want to get off this damn planet."

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen shook his head as he felt heat start to wash over his body. "Honestly, I found a deposit without either. If you prefer, we can find a nice cave or something to mine, but other wise, my ability works perfectly. You see, I've been learning to shake and crack the ground. Perhaps I can break it open to the phrrik, then you can pick your way through to get it out." It wasn't the worst of ideas, and considering their current equipment, it had the potential to work rather well. [member="Canal Tal'Verda"]

"Well, I think I like your idea. Let's get going. And we're gonna need something to carry the ore once I've extracted it." he said to Vulpesen. "Lead the way, Master Jedi." and waited for the Jedi to lead him so they could get what the two wanted. He dared to take off his helmet to get a sip of his hot chocolate. As soon as he took off the helmet he felt the blast of snow hitting his face. The clone took a quick sip of his chocolate and felt the warmth spreading in his body as his mouth made contact with the chocolate. He quickly put the the helmet back on his head so the warmth wouldn't disappear.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen nodded and moved over to a nearby cave. "My ship can carry all the phrik I need. If yours can't carry yours, then I'm sure that you have some sort of connections which could help you out." Vulpesen let out a small laugh as he sensed the freezing air pass through Canal. "Maybe a little snow would be good for ya. It builds character."

He followed Vulpesen to a nearby cave and listened to him. "The gunship can carry some but not a lot, but I can call someone to pick me up and the ore once we're done." Then he heard [member="Vulpesen"] telling him about that the snow will build up a character for him. "Yeah, very funny. I would throw a snowball at you but now is not the time for play time." He looked at the Jedi through his helmet and said, "Well, I think it's time for you to cause a little rumble.

Vulpesen grinned as he entered the cave. "Sounds like a good plan." Canal spot about the snowball, Vulpesen grew a mischievous grin, unseen by the clone behind him. "Of course not, there's work to be done." Moving his hands into his robes, Vulpesen gave his wrist a small click, hurling a chunk of snow at the back of Canal's head as he walked. Once he reached the middle of the cave, Vulpesen turned around to his compatriot. "Alright, you may want to stand back. I'd rather not drop the roof on your head."

Canal took the hit of snow and didn't retaliate. Once the job was done he would surprise [member="Vulpesen"] by throwing him a chunk of small that would be the size of the mid section of a snowball. He steeped back as the Jedi told him to so he wouldn't end up in the hospital and be knocked out cold of it. "Alright, do your thing." The clone would wait to mine once Vulpesen gave him the all clear signal.

Vulpesen watched [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] step back then focused himself in the force. He allowed its power to flow through him, empowering his muscles. After a few seconds of meditation, the master finally leaped up, reaching the top of the cave before sending himself back down with a powerful flip. "BREAK!" His voice walled filled with power as the force shifted to his foot, increasing its momentum as the jedi's heel slammed into the ground. The cave shook and formations fell on the ground around him. Already a large crack formed in the ground. Vulpesen resumed the attacks ont he ground, striking and striking until he could finally manage to create a sizable crack. "I got some!" Looking down, Vulpesen was happy to see a large deposit under his feet. It was a bit deep down, but with a little work, they could reach it.

The clone watched [member="Vulpesen"] break the ground with the force so they could get started. It was amazing to see what Canal just saw cause he would never do that in his life due to being force dead. The force of the Jedi was so strong that it shook the cave and the ground which almost caused Canal to lose his balance. "Too over powered," he mumbled as he continued seeing the Jedi break the ground. Then he heard Vulpesen and took it as the all clear sign. He walked over to the Jedi and saw a large deposit under them. "Woohoo! We hit the jackpot!" he said as he smiled and was excited about the phrik. "Alright, let's go and get this job done," he said as he climbed through the crack that the Jedi Master made. It was large but the deeper they went, the more treasure their hands could get on.

Vulpesen grinned and drew his lightsaber, activating the gold and black blade to start cutting through the stone. "You mine, I'll give you a closer target." As he continued about his work, the master carved out the stone to allow his friend better access to the valuable mineral below. He was unconcerned about harming the phrik. After all, the very reason they wanted it was because it couldn't be harmed by sabers.

"You're the boss," he said as he began mining. He used all his strength that was left in him thanks to the damn cold it made him less stronger but he could still do mining work. He striked the ore, and continued the process. Chunks of phrik began coming out of the walls that surrounded the clone and the Jedi. This made him to work more and doubled the work that he was doing and soon they began getting not a lot but a loot of phrik from the work of Canal. "How's it going for you. And how much do you think the amount that we have weighs?"

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen shrugged as [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] asked his questions. The occasional quake shook the cave as Vulpesen regularly broke through to more phrik. Just their luck, this entire cave seemed to be filled with deposits. "I'm finding it everywhere, but I can't really extract so I'm leaving that to you. As for how much we're getting, all I can say is that its probably more than I can lift."

"Here, let me get mine where you are cause it sounds that you found a lot of it. And do you have something to weigh the phrik that we have?" The quake almost made the clone fall but its worth it so they could have better access to the deposits. All Canal knew was that they were reeling in the treasure that they winning.

[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen nodded and stepped aside, allowing [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] to reach his wall. It was tiring work to be sure, but he knew that they were making a great deal of progress. "Of course not. Last I checked, you were the one that came here for mining. Why weren't you more prepared?" He continued along his work, cutting deeper into the cave stone to reach the phrik below.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom