Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ownership of Mandal Hypernautics

6156.gif

I've come to the conclusion that roleplaying on this website is a stressful and time consuming hobby. And I have too much stress and too little time in my life already. That, and the recent string of canon tech submissions getting 'denied on concept' without willingness from staff to put effort into balancing the submission has been... rather offensive. Probably the most offensive one was three pages long, required several hours of research on my part, and was denied for reasons that were not present in the sub... which makes me think that the Judge denied it without fully reading the submission.

Anyway... Personal frustrations aside, I really am leaving this site.

4737637+_17d326fb907f589dcfaa9d59e369477c.gif

And I've put too much effort into Mandal Hypernautics to see it simply slip away in my absence and I wish to have a say in who will take it over. I've set the groundwork for several different major projects and have some of the best tech/starship submissions on the board under my belt. All the company needs is 4 major contracts (which is what the recent string of starship components were created to solve), and three decent projects. A Stealth Corvette, and Electronic Warfare Frigate, and a Battlesphere. 90% of the components for the Electronic Warfare Frigate are complete. All you'd have to do is fight with the Tech Judges to get two denied submissions pushed through the second chance forum (something I have no more patience for), and do a quick 20-40 post development thread for the Frigate itself... blam. Major Project done.

For the Stealth Corvette... a couple dev threads and a tech submissions for a 'scaled up' version of the Hyperion Active Camouflage system. Sensor Mask, Active Camouflage, Gravitic Modulator, Thrust Trace Dampener, Passive Communications Scanner, Decryption Module... four quick 12-20 post dev threads for the stealth tech submissions (most of these I've already got written up, I just haven't submitted them yet), touch up a few of the submissions before putting them through the factory... And then a 20 post dev thread for the ship itself (plus the ship submission).... and you've got a Minor/Limited production Stealth Corvette specialized for listening in to enemy communications, and a Major Project complete.

The Battlesphere will be one of the easiest. Most of the dev threads for the thing are already complete. It just needs a 20 post dev thread for a specialized component based on canon technology and a 20 post dev thread for the ship itself. I'll even help you write up the submission. This thing is the "Epic Project" for Mandal Hypernautics to get to tier 6.

Leverage the starship components to get major contracts out of other factions and starship manufacturers. Only ever let someone get one or two Ewar components out of a single contract. That should easily get you the last four contracts the company needs.

I just... I just don't have the time and patience to finish advancing the company, but I want to know that my time here has accomplished something. I want to hand the company over to a capable writer that I can trust to finish what I started... But failing that, I'd be satisfied by handing the company over to Ahri or Circe knowing the headache they will cause Ayden and the other judges.

post-47755-Space-Cowboy-Welsh-Corgi-on-sh-PYFf.gif

Don't get me wrong. I'm not 'that' vindictive. But I've dealt with Ayden's BS for long enough. Besides bending the rules of the board constantly, negotiating with a RPJ to let one of his broken ships slip through without nearly enough dev threads backing it up, beating the crap out of any starship submission that could potentially be better than one of his own, constantly one-upping the other starship manufacturers on the board, slipping a superweapon onto a starship, changing the starship guide without notifying anyone, inventing new rules to block writers from operating from within the guide, and generally just being full of himself... I'm sure he's a nice guy. But I'm done with it.

The Concordia cannot be matched in its element without blatant plagiarism. Neither can the Electronic Warfare Frigate that I've been working on. And neither can the Battlesphere that I've got in the works. I made these because I knew that Ayden would hate them but be unable to one-up them and because they are 100% within the rules and abuse nothing.

Anyway... My plans and my reasoning are out in the open. There is a great deal of roleplay potential with Mandal Hypernautics and her subsidiaries. Likewise, once she gets to Tier 5-6 and her subsidiaries get to Tier 4, her political, logistical, financial, and physical power will rival that of small factions/governments. She'll be one of the most influential companies on the board and be in a position to assist struggling writers/companies/factions by signing contracts and leveraging physical assets.

It's almost to the goal. The filler threads are all taken care of. 'Employees' have been hired. The path is all planned out and most of the hard part (dealing with Factory Judges) is taken care of. I just... Don't have the energy to see it to completion. I just want a writer I can trust to make good use of this. Someone who can do a good job of finishing the story and enjoy what I've been putting all my effort into.

TLDR: I'm flipping a table and leaving. Who wants my stuff?
hook-table-flip-o.gif

tumblr_mbjaxkrJzi1roglxl.gif

tumblr_m0psvtoYci1qjamsjo2_500.gif

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
I don't want to see you go and I wouldn't want to see your work go to waste. I'd say pick me but I am comfortable with my companies that are under the radar and don't really need to grow.

You know I love you sweetie and hope you would come back eventually.

OH MY Nooo....But I can totally understand where your coming about this site taking up to much of the time. Having be busy with RL stuff. I would say pick me but I know I'm not really ready for me to take off such a big undertaking. Even less on about ship making or coming up with rocking ideas like you have in the past. I will try and do what is need for the new boss. Sad to be losing such a rocking first boss, which could go more of the mining off the ground.

Any ways *hugs* take care if need to talk hit me up on skypes.

So much truth in this post.

Kudo's to you.

I suck at ships (yes i wrote the first ship guide, doesn't mean I'm any good at making them) and i suck even harder at trying to get dev threads finished.

That said, if you're stuck for people claiming the company, I'll take it and put it to good use.

Otherwise, good luck and take care.

While I am sad that you are laving, I don't exactly agree with why you are leaving, but it's probably that I haven't seen all corners of the factory yet, so I wish you luck off the site, I hope you come back though.

[member="Captain Larraq"]

[member="Captain Larraq"] Everything you just said the truthiest of truth. Anyway I found a board that might be pretty cool and I think I might be leaving to I will send you a link over Skype or something

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom