Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Outback Irregulars

Status
Not open for further replies.
O5pLMsi.png

Name: Outback Irregulars
Intent: To create a group of non-standard infantry for the Galactic Alliance born of their motley and patchwork roots.
Affiliation: Galactic Alliance, Credits

Availability: Uncommon
Quality: B/C

Type: Assorted Infantry

Strength: There are several hundred Irregulars throughout the Navy and GADF with more joining each day, and they tend not to organize into as tight ranks and groups as the rest of the Alliance. For the most part, Irregulars band together into small groups known as units or "crews", but when they are called to work in larger numbers, several crews can join together to form "cells" of around fifty sentients.

Description: After the liberation of Coruscant and later the destruction of the Omega superweapon, the Galactic Alliance went through a period of transition from a loose coalition working towards a singular goal to a functioning, interstellar governing body. Their once ragtag military had flourished over years of combat into one of the most well organized and effective fighting forces in the galaxy, and with that came a more austere and rigid structure. Noticing a personnel drain as the new Defense Force began to alienate fringers and independent contractors, military command decided to adopt a similar approach to the one taken with the Merchant Fleet.

Colloquially named for a majority population of immigrants from the Kathol region of space searching for better prospects, the Outback Irregulars are for the most part essentially private contractors, although in practice they are less a mercenary company and more a collection of fighters from all races and backgrounds that believe in the Federation but aren't the type to march in formation, salute, or take orders from men with fancy ribbons on their chests. Some Irregulars started out as enlisted personnel or even officers, and although there is no formal application or initiation process, its not impossible to find a sympathetic or annoyed enough CO willing to transfer a soldier to "liaison duty" with the Irregulars, essentially GADF limbo with hazard pay comparable to a contractor's salary.

Each Irregular is different, but they all either have special skills or are proficient enough fighters to warrant the investment, and while they eschew a typical command structure they tend to either organize into groups or "crews", usually with like minded or similarly skilled compatriots, or seek patronage under a specific commanding officer, like those serving among the crew of the Rebel's Hope. They are mostly soldiers, scouts, or operatives, but naval contractors are not uncommon as well. Not all contractors are Irregulars, as the term comes with an implication of trust in one's belief and loyalty to the Galactic Alliance's cause, although there is no real master list of those who qualify and those who don't.

Links: N/A

Greetings, @Zark. I shall be reviewing your submission today.

Your submission actually looks very good. I have but one concern: you've listed their Unit Quality as 'B', which is 'Veteran' - this refers to highly-experienced soldiers with considerable combat experience, and this doesn't entirely match with your description. From my perspective, I'd consider them probably warranting a 'C' rating, to indicate that they are trained men and women serving in the Armed Forces, leaving their experience levels to be more variable (in keeping with the esoteric and versatile nature of their unit composure). As you say, these aren't the rank-and-file kind of troops, and while many of them may well have higher combat experience than average, I'd also imagine them to be comprised of many newly-trained or even untrained irregulars.

I'd be happy to accept a compromise, if you wanted to put B/C, however.

Beyond that, this looks good. If we can agree on an appropriate rating, this one will be ready to go for secondary review and approval!

[member="Tirdarius"]

Thank you for the kind words, and as you mention it I do see your point about the rating not exactly matching your description. The project started out with a somewhat narrower focus in my head and ballooned into the sort of catch all term it is now. I certainly don't wish to cause any headaches, but as I did initially envision a sort of pseudo-special ops component to it, if we can agree that all miscellaneous Irregulars serving would qualify as C units and then certain Irregular crews or cells could be considered B or mostly B on a case by case basis, then a B/C compromise works absolutely perfectly for me. Will make the appropriate edit.

[member="Zark"]

Amazing. That being so, I'll push this one forth for secondary review and approval. Thanks for being so prompt and understanding with your edits!

[member="Silencia"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom