Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opportunity taken [Subsidiary-Edition]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Rumor had it there was a new player in town. [member="Gabriel Audemars"], had been taking the weaponry-market by storm. At least in Mandalorian space, which coincidentally was exactly where Jared had been trying to get into for quite some time now.

Proved harder than he had assumed at first. They were restricted by codes, honor and what not. Jared could accept that, but it did make it that much harder to even make a damn appointment with the Mandalore.

Except if you were a Sith Lady, whose head everyone wanted on a plate. When Jared had found out the Mandalore had tricked her into coming to him, just to get captured? He had smiled. Brilliant move, really. Play on her greed, and maybe a little on desperation.

Regardless, this was the next best thing. Buying ArmTech would accomplish two things. First invite a talented engineer into Santhe’s fold, always a good thing. Second of all, it would make it easier to establish a permanent presence in Mandalorian space. At least, that was the plan.

This was the reason Gabriel had been invited to Lianna, to Santhe Corporation’s headquarters. The meeting would start in approximately twenty minutes.

Godspeed.

Gabriel's private craft arrived at one of Lianna's spaceports, he hadn't been here before but alas he was here for business and not for sightseeing, dressed accordingly in a tuxedo, he descended his craft's ramp, dark tinted shades gleaming in the sunlight, cigarette smoking from between his lips as always, the overnight weapons sensation had finally arrived.

He was skeptical, he had heard of Santhe Corporation's immense power and the quality of their products, but he still remained wary of big corporations. Greed wasn't the order of the day and he wasn't here to sell out. Proper negotiations would be taking place, hopefully its' to help expand his business in any case.

A luxury airspeeder waited for him just near the landing bay, the chauffeur opening the back door for him, allowing himself to get settled in before it took off towards the meeting place, and in less than 15 minutes, he was there and after a swift set of directions given to him by the office, he finally found himself at the door of the desired room.

He knocked twice before entering. "You wanted to see me, huh." He spoke with a smirk on his face, ready to do business with the head of Santhe [member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Here is a fact. You don’t just step into a CEO’s office, especially if that CEO leads Santhe Corporation. There are certain protocols, like… waiting until a secretary tells you it’s time to get your ass off the chair and enter the office.

So it was not a strange situation, that a bodyguard popped his head around the corner of the office and waited for Jared’s go ahead to get in and smash some skulls.

Then again, another fact was that not every CEO was -also- a powerful Sith Lord Mentalist. So when Jared waved his hand, specifically waving the man away as if everything was okay? That also was not very strange.

Cold blue eyes regarded the Mandalorian in front of him. They took everything in, the fact that his face seemed to have features implying he had had a beating or two too many. Receding bruises and the like. His swagger implied nonchalance, and his words… well they did not convene any trust Jared had in his business sense.

Then again. Jared did not need him for his leadership, management or business skills. He had analysed the weapons sold by ArmTech, and they were top notch. So either Gabriel was the mastermind behind the designs, and as such he was worth a damn. Or he had engineers employed who knew their game.

Either way, getting ArmTech under Santhe’s fold would be a good move. Not completely necessary, of course. They were doing just fine now, but it could be useful in the future.

“Mm… yes, I suppose I did. Sit, mr. Audemars. Need anything? Something to drink, a cigar? Maybe a tank of Bacta, no?”

[member="Gabriel Audemars"]

Gabriel felt immensely stupid, having completely blitzed the secretary and security guard around him, seemed as if doing business simply got to his head way too easily, no matter though it appeared as if the rather mysterious yet incredibly dangerous man across from him didn't seem to care too much, and honestly speaking neither did Gabriel. He was a Mercenary at heart, not too much of a businessman. But he would be doing this negotiation whether he specialized in it or not.

Upon the cue, he sat down. "Can't really turn down a drink and a smoke, I suppose. Sounds good to me." He spoke before chuckling at his little jab at his appearance "Nah, I've had papercuts worse than this." He sat as straight as he could, trying to mean business. If it was up to him he'd be leaning back with his feet on the table but having already completely insulted the secretary and security of this man he wasn't going to degrade his furniture either. He was keeping the shades on though, black eyes weren't very executive. "So. Mr.Ovmar, shall we talk business?"

He was excited, eagerly anticipating what might happen in this, ArmTech was a corporation which was growing bigger and bigger by the day, anything to help boost that, and boost the cash in his pocket was something worth negotiating in his book, especially with the technological expertise of Santhe Corp.

[member="Jared Ovmar"]

The Admiralty
Codex Judge
Without missing a beat, an assistant shuffled to the CEO of ArmTech and offered him a drink and a cigar. All the while, Jared was sitting there and watching in amusement. Then finally, when it seemed as if Gabriel was more or less at ease with accommodations in hand, he started to speak.

“Alright Gabriel, I am not a man who likes to play games or waste his time. So here is the deal. ArmTech makes quality products, and Santhe Corporation wants to support you in your endeavour to make it easier for people to kill each other.”

The last came with a slight smirk, as if to punctuate that it in fact was in jest.

“I propose for ArmTech to become a subsidiary under Santhe Corporation. You will retain creative freedom to work on your own designs, profit from our expertise and big name, and I will throw a Kerrigan coat in as a ‘Welcome on board’-present.”

[member="Gabriel Audemars"]

Gabriel gave an appreciative nod to his assistant, before clipping the tip of the cigar and lighting it with a windproof lighter in his pocket, puffing out a cloud of smoke, listening to the master businessman's offer. He was surprisingly at ease here, Jared didn't appear to be the most serious of businessmen himself, but obviously when it came to this offer, he was serious.

Gabriel chuckled a bit at his jape "Sounds good to me, I make a living off that stuff anyway." He heard out the rest of his offer however, to become a subsidiary was interesting as he offered products, but he couldn't help but wonder if it would impede his business' growth. But with the finances he said he would pump into the industry, that would pretty much be counterproductive. "Interesting offer, I accept." He spoke, happy that he'd retain the freedom he had in his designs. And that was important.
[member="Jared Ovmar"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom