Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opportunity Strikes! Beneficial or Not?

[member="Count Morcus"]

Menka had been looking through history data to see what droids she could look for and possibly recreate, along with other things, history told her a little more... which caught her eye. She had already contacted a person in question, someone who owned something she was interested in. While she wasn't a suave negotiator, smooth operator, or savvy business woman, she did have evidence that she knew how to play this game of manufacture and sell! Well, maybe a little.

To be more convenient, and because she's a fragile little scared twi'lek, she thought it would be easier to meet in a location of space, rather than force the person to have to meet on a planet and then find their way to some meeting spot like a restaurant in the middle of nowhere. She showed promise, and had promises to give, deals to make... hopefully she could do something that would convince the man, and still let her have some fun.

She waited in the location for the individual, wondering if it would take long...

Taa Nul

CEO of Kamigen Incorporated
The Count had been looking forward to this little meeting. For a long while, he'd considered the future of Hoersch-Kessel Driveworks, or more specifically, HIS future running the company. He'd found less and less time to involve himself in the company due to his busy schedule representing the Techno Union across the galaxy and fulfilling his own secretive personal goals. In Miss Guga, however, he found a potential candidate to take over managing the company and securing it's financial future. He didn't intend to FULLY lose a grip on it, however...

There'd be a large commotion within one of the station hangars as the Count's shuttle docked, having just arrived from the large Lucrehulk-class Carrier orbiting the station, the mainstay of his space fleet and mass produced by Hoersch-Kessel. The boarding ramp of his shuttle extended, and the Count strode forth with his personal honor guard of IG-100 Magnaguards in tow. He eventually arrived at the meeting before spotting the quirky young twi'lek waiting for him at a table. He smiled, walking over. ''Ahh, Miss Guga, I assume?'', he said in a polite and friendly tone.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Count Morcus"]

Menka had seen pictures of the old Lucrehulks... she absolutely loved them, they were soo cool compared to other ships, she always thought of trying to making smaller ones, because reasons! Menka had her own couple of UUD droid guards, with their backpack units that she made, and their brand new shiny rifles, possibly some evidence to her handy dandy mechanical skills that could show she could keep the company growing.

She looked up and smiled at the man who was dressed all fancy, making her hope that her outward appearance wasn't unsettling or upsetting. If not, she hoped they could at least have a pleasant conversation. "Yes! You're the one they call the Count? I know its really bad I couldn't have ordered us up some food or something, is an ordinary cantina drink fine? The bank isn't really getting a continuous flow right now... but my new products should be catching eyes!"

Taa Nul

The Count smiled, gently leaning forward to take her hand and kiss it being the old nobleman he was. ''An absolutely pleasure to meet you, mi'lady. I'm told your interested in acquiring Hoersch-Kessel Driveworks from me? I must admit, I've been waiting to strike a deal with the right person, and your skills with technology are most impressive.....tell me, though, what did you have in mind for the company's future?'', he said with a hint of curiosity, wanting to hear her response to the question.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Count Morcus"]

Menka blushed slightly after giving an awkward face from the kissing of her hand, she actually didn't know that a gesture like this existed, and nothing near it has she ever been experienced to. "W-well I-I," she coughed, "The name is very famous, sir. I mean, I'm not one that really needs credits, but I like building and providing a service... with the name stamped on my droids, and the name being announced, people will be curious, and probably think it's a good product with the name..." she giggled... "And well, since I don't really have the credits to buy it from you, I could give you most of the profits. In the long run, if I can get the company to make enough, it wouldn't matter anyway... you'd get a vault, I'd get a lot of spending money!"

Taa Nul

The Count considered his response carefully. In truth, as long as he remained the one earning most of the money, he'd be happy to let someone else run the company for him provided they could bring in the profits. ''The company could use one with your goals at it's lead, yes, so here's what I'll do.......provided I receive sixty percent of the profits and free access to Hoersch-Kessel goods, I'd be happy to name you the new CEO.......however, I want proof of your skills before I agree to anything. I want you to design a new vessel for company production, preferably a new cruiser.........IF it sells well and I'm satisfied with the outcome, then we can talk about putting you in charge of things for me. Does this sound like a fair deal?''

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Count Morcus"]

Menka was happy, hearing the Counts words at the beginning really sounded good, until she heard he wanted a Cruiser. "Oh... well... I can't make ships right now, sir. But if you'll allow me, I've been working on a prototype new droid. This droid is nothing like my UUD's, which won't be anything like the old OOM or B1's. I think it'll be tactically better than B2's... think... the strength and the armor of a B2, and with the tactics of a human. Not creative of course... but strategic, like taking cover, taking the high ground, et-cetera! I've recently found a massive, and I mean massive, cache of military goods like you could never believe. Forget hired mercenaries sir, I'm sure you'll want my prototypes guarding your back... best part about that? You won't pay them." She winked.

Taa Nul

He sighed. ''I run a company that makes ships, my dear. Droids won't cut it. The offer is on the table, dear. If you want to step into my shoes, you'll need to learn how my business works. Now, I can provide a team and all the resources you require to assemble a prototype of your design to prove your worth in this company. That's my offer. Take it or leave it...'', he said with a hint of impatience. He wanted someone to build SHIPS for him, and he wasn't about to hand over anything until the girl had proven herself.

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Count Morcus"]

Menka gasped as she began to get scared, "Mister Count, please, please, I was only saying I don't have any shipyards or dry docks. You've seen the little I can do with droids and weapons, but I don't even specialize in these. I didn't start with dry docks in my company so I could start with a droid work force. Because of my past, I can build entire ships all by myself. I was thrown at damaged ships and told to fix them with no help and very little information. Any ship I custom build is always up to standard and eye catching. Trust me, I would know... if it wasn't good enough..."

Taa Nul

The Count smirked. ''You DO realize I'll be letting you use one of MY shipyards, right? That's what I meant by providing all the necessary resources. I'm sure your more than capable of building something magnificent, and I want to see your capabilities in this sort of industry before I name you the new CEO. I want to see how you preform before we finalize this deal...''

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Count Morcus"]

Menka nodded, a little cheerful... she thought it'd be a long while before she could put her handy know-how to some ships, and it was to impress someone, for something very big, "I only need a work, sir! Don't look at it until we meet back here okay? I promise, I swear, you'll love it, and I'll give it to you as a gift!"

Taa Nul

The Count grinned eagerly, shaking his hand. ''I'm looking forward to see what you can come up with. Someone will come pick you up and deliver you to my shipyards at Void Station. This may be the beginning of a spectacular new dawn for the company.'', he said with a hint of relief in his voice. ''I will take my leave now.......do contact me when the vessel is completed and ready for mass production. And when it comes to the specifics, surprise me...''

[member="Menka Guga"]

[member="Count Morcus"]

---

A few months had gone by and Menka finally had something to show off to the Count... hopefully it was worth all the trouble she had gone through... She sent him a HoloNet Message days ago notifying the Count that her project had completed and she wanted to personally show it to him, and what better place than the products actual birth place? The very starbase the two met at.... well, while it wasn't actually made here, it's thought and preparation was here, the very idea of it born here.... She kept the product away from the starbase just a hyper jump away, waiting for the Count to arrive to unveil it like 'you just won this new car' type of deal.

Taa Nul

The Count had spent the last few months finalizing his affairs in the company before initiating the leadership transfer, though ensuring he retained influence AND a good share of any profits in the process. As he arrived to see Menka once more, he smiled. ''Ahh, Menka! It's good to see you again, dear. I'm told the project is complete? I'm very much eager to see the work you've done.''

[member="Menka Guga"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom