Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinions/Suggestions on my New Droid?

Hey all, this is my take on a serious Submission for a custom, Mass-Produced, serious warfare battle droid. I'd love for judges to poke at it with their magical judging sticks, and random passerbys to give their thoughts to it before I ultimately post it for Review. It'd be awesome if anyone could help me, thanks!

kkuF2QE.jpg

Image Source: http://david-sladek.deviantart.com/art/Defense-Drone-concepts-407797952
Intent: Create a new and improved Droid for Rogueworks
Development Thread: Raiders of the Lost Droid
Manufacturer: Rogueworks Drives
Model: Rogueworks 1
Affiliation: Limited Market
Modularity: Armaments & carried equipment
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:
Classification: IV
Weight: 80kg
Height: 2m
Movement: Bi-Ped
Armaments:
  • Capable of holding a weapon in each hand
  • Wrist compartment contains room for standard wrist modules
  • - Wrist Blaster (*)
  • - Wrist Rocket (*) (Very Limited Ammunition *)
Misc. Equipment:
  • Equipped with language and dialect translator
  • Advanced targeting sensors
  • Advanced encrypted communications array
  • Highly advanced mobility joints to allow acrobatic maneuvers, similar to assassin droids
  • Reinforced armor to protect from light to moderate explosives
  • Density Projector
Description: The R1 Battle Droid is a custom model from Rogueworks, stepping away from the remakes and salvaging of older bots. Truly a new schematic and design from original concepts, the R1 is the answer to the UUD-1's poor combat effectiveness, while looking at older droid models for a strong and efficient battle droid to serve as Security or Warfare. This droid is not for labor work; it is highly dangerous and built for war. Its design is derived from older models of droids with combat effectiveness with mobility, protection, and tactical thinking. They can fight just as effectively as any soldier, taking cover, charging, aiming and everything inbetween. The different model types only effect their designated roles; Sniper models have increased sight range/zoom, along with programming for better aiming at moving targets; Front line Battle Droids have a large peripheral area to view; scouts have similar range to a sniper, but aren't programmed for a sniper rifle; and the Demolition model carries extra amunition, along with advanced targeting on moving targets.
Primary Source: N/A

Menka Guga said:
Affiliation: Limited Market (Sold in small quantities)
I would just say Closed Market.

Menka Guga said:
Weight: 75kg

Menka Guga said:
Height: 2m
This is made of Turadium & Neutronium, two heavy metals (the former is dense and somewhat impedes the cutting edge of a lightsaber when compared to durasteel, which Neutronium is used to construct). Most of the droids that are made of heavier metals seems to trend towards ~120-200 KG.

Damn fine looking droid :cool:

Menka Guga said:
Armaments: Capable of holding a weapon in each hand Wrist compartment contains room for standard wrist modules (Very Limited Ammunition) - Wrist Blaster (*) - Wrist Rocket (*)

Menka Guga said:
Front line Battle Droids have a large peripheral area to view;

Just a though but may want add capabilities for the front line units to be able to use heavy two handed weapons like the Heavy blaster rifle

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Will Closed still allow me to sell to people? I was thinking like, a max bulk sale I'd ever do was 50-100. I don't want to do continuous sale like contracts and such with them.

Also, that's a bit heavy, I need to think. Um... if I changed Turadium to Duranium, would that be better? Less than a hundred kg?

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

"Capable of holding a weapon in each hand" -- The droid can hold two weapons, one weapon in either hand, dual wield, or carry two handed weapons.

Menka Guga said:
[member="Braith Achlys"]

Will Closed still allow me to sell to people? I was thinking like, a max bulk sale I'd ever do was 50-100. I don't want to do continuous sale like contracts and such with them.

Also, that's a bit heavy, I need to think. Um... if I changed Turadium to Duranium, would that be better? Less than a hundred kg?
You can choose how you sell your stuff. You could make it "Open Market" if that makes it less of a hassle, but Limited Market + the information about production lean towards closed market. Open Market generally means the product is open to use for pretty much everyone without explicit permission, Closed market (or any affiliation that isn't a faction/company and isn't open market) generally means that someone has to go to you, either via thread or marketplace, to get it from you. Kind of like a fluffy barrier between letting anyone use your stuff without wanting to worry about giving permission for everyone versus trying to safeguard your stuff a little to ensure some RP or a transaction at least takes place.

As for the weight thing, I'd say Duranium is a better go-to for lowered weight, mostly because it is noted that it is light-weight.

Of course you could just leave it as Limited Market, which basically does the same thing as calling it closed market.

It's just a suggestion.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Thanks for the help Braith. I made some alterations that change the droid a tad bit... one more look over please? Heh, sorry

I changed the "Limited Ammo" to the Wrist Rocket only... since I thought the Wrist Blaster/TriShot being a blaster would focus on the droids power source, needing no ammo cartridge. The Wrist Rocket being... 3-5 Rockets? I also added A Density Projector (I know, after just talking about it needing less weight! I'm horrible...) I thought it would be an awesome addition. Like they could withstand some knockback of an explosion if they could withstand the damage from the explosion...

Lumi Snow

love, hope, and peace conquer all
[member="Menka Guga"]

While it looks fabulous, you might want to consider adding a list of strengths and a second list of weaknesses. :) This will help buyers be interested as well as skills they might have, (I've subbed a few droids with my alts).

Just a few ideas, but it looks great.

Cheers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom