Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

One Story short of a Reunion. (Maya)

The old joke about Kei not liking bars had been done one too many times, so as he sat there, he didn’t tempt fate with another! This particular bar was as much home as anywhere else this side of the core, where many Jedi sat getting ready for their next departure, and doing their part around the galaxy. Those were the stories that were rarely celebrated or told, not the warlords or kings, but the man or woman walking the road who saved someone from thirst, pulled people out of the fire, or comforted a mother over the loss of their child. Nobody gave those stories more than a glance, not really.

Same with the reunions, the kind word or the heartfelt handshake, they never made the headlines, but they made the difference. So he sat here, waiting for his reunion with an old friend, back in his forest green camouflaged temple robes and out of the dirty fatigues, the Epicanthix’s almost clean boots rested atop each other and he sipped his muja juice.

A familiar line of grizzly stubble stretched across his chin, and he looked worn but at the same time rested to be back in this environment, nodding or waving to passing wildcard servicemen or Jedi that either knew him or more likely had returned with him back from assignment, all due some R&R right about now.

[member="Maya Whitelight"]​

It had been way to long that she hear of her old friend Kei wondering where he had gone off to. Not knowing the unknown of him being life or dead. Even then she couldn't help but wonder if there would other reason why he been a way from the order.

It was this place that brought her life will not the bar but the planet itself. Coming out in her own shivering robes that she had place upon her own body. It was one that hugged at some of her curves. Wondering if ones could still see her as a looker most knowing that she had at one silver strain of her hair coming down around her face.

As making her way she let herself give bows, then came the respect bow back. Moving in a way that told she still keep herself graceful but also like a warrior. Closer she brought herself the more her memorizes flowed back to the day in the garden between the two of them.

Now came the question how did he look after all these years. Next question to flow into her mind was he still the same one she had met or had he found all the answer he was seeking that day in the garden. Going to find herself moving more and more towards the back.

There he came in view of her what a sight to take in he had age but with such grace with that roughness to face only gave him more character. Even then she made her steps quicken as she called out.

"Kei, Kei its been so long my sweet darling." as she let herself closed the space before he could react just like before she greeted him. With kisses upon each side of his cheek, only to have a little laughter come from her lips. Whispering as she did before pulling back. "If I didn't know better you was trying to tickle my fancy." with that playful look upon her eyes. Bring up her hand to his rough cheeks brushes them lightly with her finger tips. That quickly turn into a bright smile. "Its a grate to see you again, my sweet darling friend." as she remember more of their members of childhood together.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

“Been a long time.” Obvious but true. Maya was the childhood friend that Kei connected with as a kid, that was rare because she was the only one on solid ground that he remembered, she’d been older than he was and he’d looked up to her. Other than that, it was just who served with his dad in passing. Only those on the ship, along with the ragtag band that he had eventually begun to join him and call it home Natoline, Fyor, Sera, Sera, Kei’s forehead wrinkled but he grinned.

Maya took his hand warmly and he gripped hers in friendship the same, she had been there as a teacher like Coci and Matsu when he needed one, and a friend when he needed that. “I hope life’s been kind to you.” He would listen if she needed anyone to speak to, or offer what he could, like Natoline he had a need to help in him but more a need to support.

“Still training here?” Last Kei had heard she was running the academy. Amadis nodded to a waiter as he came over, pointing his free hand to maya first. “Whatever the lady would like,” and then picking a meal himself. He was hungry, but exchanged a few laughs with the large barman [member="Gorto Lutt"] who came over because they were old friends, nothing compared to finding a link to his past like Maya though.

Before answering any of his question waving the waiter back to her. "Sweet, I like to have a Red Corellian wine, and give me the special that looks goods." , as she let the years flood over her as if any of this matter to her. After all it wasn't everyday that get to talk to her best friend here childhood partner in crime.

Even Then she couldn't help but smile at the fact that they could enjoy a nice meal and drink together. Even those that now and then it was nice to know she could open up and talk about her feelings to one that wouldn't judge her. After all running an acdeny was very hard work to say up on what was all going on with in training. Bring those with questionable behavior to the council watchful eye.

"It has been a long time, lets not hope its that long again." as she smile at him warmly. Even so she couldn't help but talk a bit more. "Yes, my darlings are growing up to be fine young jedi." , even with their father blood running through them. As she just let herself go on about what they been doing. As if she was trying to avoid their father or him being gone again this time much long then every before.

"How you been, lets see when was the last time we seen each other?", trying to avoid any other question.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MZ7DVOGRoaQ​

Gorto, the massive barman hmhm’ed happily, and clasped his sizeable hand over one side of each of their chairs, sharing a moment “Kei my friend we have just the omelettes for you” To maya he nodded, “tasty choice miss, we will serve it with a touch of askabillion herb just for our special customers,” he raised his hands up happily looking between them both and returned to the bar, where [member="Fyor Nayus"] could be seen drinking alone, as always, he also raised his glass to say hello.

“Yes,” Kei admitted, he’d been away too long. The periods away sometimes felt longer than the periods here, this last one had been difficult, and he didn’t hide it in his expression, he was done faking how he felt, about any of it with the brothers, with the old crew, with some news he was struggling with. He also didn't moan about it, or dwell on it either.

“Months now,” Kei admitted, perhaps even a full year, isolation was difficult at times but the grin returned soon enough. “Hope you realise the impact you had, on all of us here.” For Kei, Maya brought something that they lacked, every Jedi did in their own way. Some it was training, technique, leadershship, some a motherly care, some heart, some soul, protection, honor, Maya brought a gentle perspective and understanding, acceptance, that had helped change his life for the better.

“We’ve doing a lot more humanitarian missions since I met you.” Kei said honestly, watching her, concern on his face for her wellbeing obvious, he didn't like seeing her hurting. Only breaking his look when their food arrived, a plate given to each. Gorto’s chef though reclusive always came through with his meals, and today was no different. Kei was trying to cut down on the eggs, but whenever he was here, they always reminded him of his treat of home.

Giving the one severing them there plates a very gentle nod. It came to be that there was more to her then this smile upon her lips. In a way those around knew of the caring heart she had for all those in the order but more so towards a few that she counted as her close ones. Those was far and few to be one with Maya like this one counted themselves as lucky.

"Looks good," as she let the first bit slip past her own lips into her mouth as she chew as if very much taking in the deep flavors of this chef food. "Its wonderful to have so great food in a place like this, Kei." as if trying to stay clear of her feeling. Hiding them from others with in the order was very easy but to Kei she knew that wasn't going to be easy.

Seeing that his face already had concern on it for her she couldn't only throw herself into her meal even more so. Only to look up to feel his own dark caring eyes for her upon her again. Knowing there own past history. Setting down her fork reaching out as one would for the glass that was filled with her choice of spirit. Only to place her hand upon his own. "Look, there nothing to be concern I can handle life I been through a lot to this point, not with out little set back here and there." trying to put on it wasn't that big of a deal. Even then fooling herself that it was a very big deal.

"Look I just have some very hard choice to make with my own life and for the twins.", as she let out a long sigh. Not really speaking or getting down to the root of the problem that she felt like once again she had been abandon once again she was waiting for the return of [member="Xander Carrick"]. It just that this time he had been gone much long then last few times.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

She could handle life. “I know.” Kei nodded, she was a strong woman she always had been he remembered that much from the depth of her compassion for others, but everyone needed someone to talk to, or lean on now and again, friends, family someone who didn’t judge. Hell he needed that.

“Doesn’t mean I don’t need a friend.” Making it easier for her to speak, making it about him. He rested one of his large hands atop hers and patted it, releasing it to start his own meal. “Who else am I am going to talk to about family?” They’d never fully spoke about it in detail, just around the subject, but he knew about his brothers since their time apart.

Kei could eat, he had the appetite of a bull when he returned back from his travels, because nobody made his specials like Gorto, taking a moment just to enjoy her company, “how are the twins?” eventually he wiped his mouth with a napkin, and rested his hands in front of him, sipping a sweet smelling juice.

“I want to help. What would help you and your twins Maya?” He paused and looked at her sincerely, before continuing on with his meal, always looking to fix or heal it seemed, a trait he and Natoline seemed to share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom