Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oiling the War Machine [Sith Empire]

Oiling the War Machine
War Room, Imperial City, Dromund Kaas
control_room_by_m3_f-d4xaiip.jpg
The War Room was a buzz of activity as officers, technicians, and stormtroopers brushed past each other to their stations or begin carrying out orders. Their gazes were upon their workstations yet their minds rested upon the figure of the uniformed man standing at the head of the room. The very Emperor of the Sith was strolling about his War Room, his golden eyes lingering upon each Imperial serviceman present, judging them with a cold gaze as they tried in vain to keep their own eyes upon their work.

Dranok gave them all a cold stature, noting each individual for his use and valuing them for their service to the Empire. It truly was remarkable that such good-willed people gave their lives in service for the glorious Empire. Some were even serving as Generals and Admirals, all of whom sat in the massive room next door. They, along with several Sith, were here today to discuss matters of importance in strengthening and reforming the Imperial Military. Perfection was the only standard given to them by their Emperor, he would have no less. Even the 501st legion was being brought back into existence for service under the Emperor, also doubling as a secret police force among the Military.

Taking one last look at his control room, he departed, heading into the War Room to silence the small talk of several General and Admirals. @[member="Kaine Zambrano"] sat at one end of the table, the opposite side was left open for Dranok. A nod of his head was sent to the gathered officers as he took a seat at the end of the table.

His elbows rested upon the table, fingertips connected. "I trust you all have seen the current state of our military, the weakness of it is growing." He frowned. "And weakness is not following the standards of perfection I expect."

"Does anyone have any ideas they'd like to share before I reveal my own?"

[Feel free to show up as attendees of the meeting, you may start off sitting at the table with the other commanders if you would like. Please refrain from violence and let the fun begin!]

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
Krag was in attendance at the meeting, perhaps for his experience as a General in the Graug military and his recent service as a leader of Imperial forces. Honestly, he wasn't sure why they had invited him nor did he care why, he was here only to speak his mind of what he believed the Imperial Military should do. Looking around at the Admirals and Generals, Krag felt that he already knew the answer to why the military was suffering as it had been. The Graug way of making hardened warriors had transitioned into the way of genetic tampering, but before this the Graug had very simple, but very effective, means of creating a fierce army. What the Empire needed was a harsher system of rule and more integration of the military into civilian life.

With a snort, Krag spoke up without hesitation "The answers are simple Lussk, we must turn these soldiers of yours into predators. The training programs must be made to break their spirits in, shatter the individuality and soul of each man so that it may be replaced with a singular identity. The Graug, before we began our genetic evolutions, created loyal soldiers by torturing and breaking the minds of our men. Once their bodies were torn, their souls shattered and their minds broken...that was when we built them each back up with a dependence to the throne and to one another. You take everything away from them so that they have no purpose, break them to the point of insanity to make them impressionable and then, when they are weakest, convince them that their only purpose is to die in the service of the Empire. Do this and you will have created monsters that we can unleash upon the battlefield, monsters that are unafraid to die and might even prefer it. Then, just for good measure, you reinforce their prior training with severe punishments for failure and alike. Publicly and brutality execute those who fail, make their death so agonizing and painful that one would prefer to die on the battlefield then face punishment. Spread lies amongst them men of worse fate, if captured by the enemy, then they will be afraid to surrender if their weak minds turn to it. Then, hold frequent celebrations of military pride and victory amongst your civilians so that they are just as blinded by glory as your soldiers." Krag paused, his good eye starring at the Emperor

@[member="Dranok Lussk"]

Kaine was dressed in his finest military attire consisting of a crisp and clean white officer's uniform with a pair of black jackboots and gloves, and he had no other regal attire present as he was usually seen with. This was purely a military affair, not one concerning the public appearance of a King. A single attendant stood at attention to Kaine's left, a single silver tray perfectly balanced on his outstretched hand upon which sat a single ornate goblet filled to the near brim with the most exquisite wine one could afford. As Krag began speaking upon his opinions to 'toughen' up the Empire's military, Kaine gingerly snatched the goblet off the silver tray with his left hand and brought it to his lips to drink the rich red liquid contained within. He allowed the smooth wine to flow down his throat ever so slightly, savoring the taste as it went down his gullet before pulling the goblet away with a satisfied sigh, and then he placed the goblet back on the silver tray until he required another drink. He half nodded in approval to the Graug's desired methods to improve the training regiment of the Imperial soldiers, but it wasn't what he nor the Emperor were exactly looking for.

"A very interesting, and beneficial system Lord Krag. However; how will the people think of such a brutal method to train our soldiers, which is why I must add onto your suggestion. We should instead save that training for the elite soldiers of our massive Military, those who will perform the impossible for their Emperor and the Sith. Things normal soldiers would be unable to do under normal circumstances, and thus why we should separate the normal Imperial Army from these elite 'Stormtroopers', and create a new caste system." He clasped his hands together in front of him, absently rubbing the leather of the gloves together before continuing, "Does that not sound appropriate?"

@[member="Dranok Lussk"] @[member="Krag"]

Other Space Kaiden

Better than other-other space Kaiden
Krag snorted, though he did give a slight grin to the title of lord. It was, perhaps, silly thing to be pleased by but Krag enjoyed the recognition "The civilians will bend to our will, or I shall break them as well." Krag growled as he leaned back into his chair. If it were not for his ultrachrome armor, his skin would be scorching the chair to the point of bursting into flame. It was bad enough that the lizard was releasing a sulfuric stench into the air that could choke a Mustafarian to death, it would only be worse if he started burning the fragile furniture around him.

@[member="Kaine Zambrano"]

The Emperor kept his fingertips locked, his mind drifting away as many words were spoken concerning the brutality of the training. Lord @[member="Krag"] brought up many fine points, but @[member="Kaine Zambrano"]'s suggestion was more along the lines of the path he was yearning for. "I like the idea, Lord Krag, but I do value my soldiers' lives. They are fine instruments of war when properly trained and led. Due to training, we need a clean divide between normal soldiers and their elite counterparts, the Stormtroopers." He sighed, leaning back in his chair. "As of late, I've seen too many of my Stormtrooper legions being carelessly thrown into combat only to be killed on open ground or forced into un-winnable situations in which I lose valuable soldiers."

"I am not a man who recklessly throws away perfectly good tools. What we need is an effective division system between the normal and the elite. A garrison system." He gave a nod to Zambrano. "Me and Lord Zambrano here have been discussing matters regarding the defense of the Empire and its territories. Each sector will have a single elite stormtrooper legion to call upon during the time of invasion. Each planet in its respective sector will also contain its own garrison of soldiers from the Imperial army."

"The One Hundred Forty First? Or your personal legion, the 501st? I care little which it is my Emperor, I simply wish to stop seeing our men be carelessly slaughtered and placed in now win situations. Also, in recent years, since we destroyed what remained of the Imperium, I have had five saber guards under my command, two were killed in the coup, but the other three have served me well. I suggest, that instead of making every force user we find into a Sith, we instead use methods such as Lord Krag suggested to make our own ultra-loyal force sensitives, ones that won't stage a coup." Marcus suggested, finally speaking up, his raspy mechanized voice cutting through the air from his seat.

@[member="Dranok Lussk"] @Krag @Kaine Zambrano

Paega was present at the meeting as well sitting in one of the chairs inside the War Room along with the other Sith and military officials. She listened to the method proposed by @[member="Krag"], which sounded rather brutal, but it was along the lines of what Paega thought. To put it bluntly, the Empire had to beef up its military. Paega then listened to @[member="Kaine Zambrano"] talk, about separating Stormtroopers as elites from the normal Imperial Army.

The blonde Sith Knight gazed at her former master @[member="Dranok Lussk"] as he finished speaking. "If I may, your Imperial Majesty. I agree with making the division between the normal troops and the elite Stormtroopers. However, I would like to inquire what troops the normal Imperial Army would now be composed of instead of Stormtroopers?" she asked the Sith Emperor. After all, she had not seen Imperial troops besides Stormtroopers in battle, and since Stormtroopers were becoming elite soldiers, another group of lesser soldiers would have to replace the Stormtroopers in the normal non-elite army.

Even more suggestions and questions were being thrown about. Good. An excellent leader needed excellent followers, especially ones would would offer advice and speak their minds. Frightened General and Admirals who only agreed to things to please him were useless. He wanted someone who would counter his suggestions and make him think, such was the need of a more concrete leadership structure within the Imperial Military. "Lord Faust, the 141st Division shall be reformed into the 141st Legion. They will be one of the elite legions." They didn't need very many Stormtrooper legions, they had more than enough manpower to make a few and fill them to the brim with the very best. "And Lady Anginous, the Imperial Army shall keep their current training regimen. However, the Stormtrooper armor shall be exclusive to said units and the Army will adopt an dependency from the Stormtrooper Corp."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom