Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh, to be young again...... (Darth Banshee)

Standing in the middle of a ring, Strask held the saber in his hand. The curved handle was simple enough. No elegance, nothing like that. Just a simple blade. He had lifted it off a Templar Aspirant, who had been carrying about five at the time. He wouldn't miss it. Hopefully.

The cool metal of the saber rested in his palm. He had asked someone he knew, who had hired him in the past, to teach him. She had never really paid for the virus, but here he was, waiting for her to show. Not that he was entirely looking forward to it. Needless to say, he didn't trust her. Then again, he didn't really trust anyone.
[member="Darth Banshee"]

Darth banshee finally arrived to teach [member="Strask Ak'lya"] the basics of close quarter combat, she was no master herself, but she would be able to teach the basics. As she entered the training room she saw the bothan, waiting for with his saber it was a simple blade but it would not really matter for this. I was surprised when you asked for help learning to fight, she told him, and then clarified the statement by adding I always had you pegged as more hands off type of spy. She actually liked the bothan, trust him no as was a spy, and she new not trust them. Though she would not be offend if he helped her enemies, as that was the nature of game. They both new it, but they also both new if they had to they would take the other out of game. Though it would be no hard feelings when doing so, as that was the nature of the game.
She then asked him, Could you please take up your stance, with that weapon please. She wanted to see what he new, as their two where basics she need to know if he new. These where how to stand with a melee weapon, and to hold the blade. Most armatures stood straight on at their opponent, like a boxer in a ring. The best way was to stand side face, as it would present less of a target to your opponent. Also they held the handle in a tight grip, which also a mistake they should hold it loose until they blocked or attacked with it, then tighten their grip. This way they could quickly move the blade between finger and thumb to desired position.

He simply watched as [member="Darth Banshee"] entered the room. "One never knows when a excursion will be needed. Surely you know this by now, young one." The smile he gave in that last comment was the closest thing to something pleasant he would get. He turned. Swordplay, or really anything physical, wasn't his speciality, but he at least could pass on mechanical knowledge. He had spent enough time in the Templar Sanctum to know the basics. The tip of the saber was down, and his hand griped the blade. He didn't understand the fine points, but at least he wasn't a complete idiot.

Okay fair enough you know basics of how to stand, and how to hold your weapon. Sabrina said with slight smile her face, though his would soon come of training in lightsaber combat with a sith is not a pleasant thing. As they believed the best training is the one truest to battle it self, as that way they can be tested and taught at same time.
She lit up her lightsaber, but not telling Strask Ak'lya that it was only set to training level. As she did not want to kill the bothan, just test him. She then stuck up her position, she faced him side on with her right foot facing forward towards him, and her left facing horizontally behind her torso . It was fairly standard stance, she then lunged at him slower than she would normally to gauge his reactions. As he would not match her for speed, as he could not feel the force thus would slower than normally.

Most of Strask's reaction to the attack was a flick of his wrist. His arm barely moved to place the saber in between himself and her. "Slower than I expected." He commented, mostly to himself, but dared not speak so she could hear. He didn't need it faster. The motion may have looked effortless, but he was focusing on it. The blade was primary on his mind right now and he pushed everything else out.
[member="Darth Banshee"]

Darth Banshee looked as blocked her attack, if she went full pelt he never have blocked it. She then said I am going to try and lunge at you again faster this time, I want you to imagine a pyramid in front of you. The sooner you move my blade to the edge of that pyramid, the less you have to move. She this time went full blast towards his chest, if she struck him it would burn a little, but not kill him. This time he would have move fast and coordinated to even stand a chance. His best bet would be step back and block, as stepping back would give him ore time to block the attack.

Strask Ak'lya

As [member="Darth Banshee"] spoke, Strask sighed. Nodding, he readied himself. Pyramid... INCOMING. The blade came up, to slow, the blow just glancing across his trench coat. It didn't seem to hurt it, but the Bothan played it no thought. He pushed back, attempting to fling her blade away. A step away for breathing room. A raised guard to ready a defense. And then he watched.

Darth Banshee carried on striking at [member="Strask Ak'lya"], with powered down lightsaber. She was flicking her blade to all sides of the pyramid in quick succession to keep him on his guard. After doing this for a while, she changed her attack to angled attack, this meant she made her wrist and arm go out a little further, and bent her hand towards him. Making the attack less easy to react to, and harder to avoid or block.

As each blow hammered down, Strask struggled to keep up. Each block was slower and slower, until finally he slipped up. His blade moved half a.second too slow, and [member="Darth Banshee"] caught him in the side. Her blade smoked as it struck his trench coat, but e leather shrugged it off. That was the advantage of shopping at AEL. He sighed as he looked down at it. "I'm getting slow in my old age..." He muttered. An then he focused. In his mind, he gave himself a goal. He wasn't training to have another tool anymore. He was training to give her justice. He stepped back again, reading herself for the onslaught once again, but now he knew why he had to do this. He stared across the saber at the girl, seeming to be ready for another round.

You did well, you old dog She said with a slight smile in her face, it was true considering he was not force sensitive he did well. She then continued That is the basics of blocking, remember to move back as that will effectively slow down the attack. Now how to attack She pointed to a training dummy, it had several marks on it some yellow and some red. The yellow ones should where would injure an opponent but not kill out right, the red would be places for quick kills. She then went on to explain I want you to hit targets as I name them, I will increase the speed I name my target as we go. You hit them, and revert to stance before I name another point. The idea of this is to improve your accuracy, it not going to move but I will activate later. She decide it was better for know he used the dummy and then tried against it`s defense after before hers, as the droid would match his speed. She waited for him to get into position, and then she start calling targets.

Strask Ak'lya

"Too old, is that what you're saying?" The Bothan joked, smiling at the girl. As much as he liked her, he didn't want to let his guard down. Watching her from the corner of his eye, he nodded, returning to the opening guard he had started the whole thing in. Then, his weight on his back foot, he waited for [member="Darth Banshee"] to tell him a mark.

Darth Banshee started by saying Head she then moved on to Hand. She then started list of random body parts, increasing her speed as she did. The test was not if he hit target, but how quickly he could recover. As in realty he miss and have to block a counter attack. So quicker he recovered the better his chances of survival would be.

Strask Ak'lya

just hit random parts of the dummy, until you fail to recover. She set droid to that level for you to fight with

As [member="Darth Banshee"] called targets, he swung. Each blow felt quicker, although each also seemed to hit with less force. Lash out, draw back. Lash out, draw back. Simple enough, until you realize that he wasn't supposed to be able to use a blade. Or that this was his first time. As she got too fast, however, he launched one blow a little too hard. The saber jarred out of his hand, and clattered on the floor.

She watched as he hit target after target on the droid until, he made a mistake and dropped his weapon. He did well, considering this was his first practice session. She then spoke to Strask Ak'lya Well done and not bad at all, take a break for a minute while I set the droid up to fight you. She then started to program the droids weapon decisions, so it give him a tough fight. As she did she asked the bothan So do you family? She was just making small talk to the fill up time while she got droid ready.

He seemed a little surprised by her question as he sat down."Not anymore." He replied, a small tear forming in the corner of his eye. "I was married. Had two kids, even. But my wife died on a raid on our home. My son is with the Mandalorians, and doesn't.t want to come home. My daughter.." The Bothan looked down as he continued. "She's probably dead by now."
[member="Darth Banshee"]

Sabrina finished programming the droid, to give [member="Strask Ak'lya"] a tough fight. Though she did make a little under his skill level, so he should win but only just. She then turned to him That`s a shame family is every thing, I lost contact with mine thanks to the jedi. I have friends in mandalorian space. I could get you their quite easily if you wish. As for your daughter, you have entire intelligence net work at your hands. Why don`t you see if you can trace her, give me some information and see if their anything on the republic databases we seized. She then paused and saw the droid move into action. Then with a faint smile Okay time to fight the droid let see what you learned.

"I know exactly where he is. He just doesn't want to come home. He has a new family now. Doesn't need me." He looked up at her. "Still, I may look into those Republic records, just in case the GIA knew something about my little girl." He stood, slowly, and walked back over to the training droid. He readied himself in front of the droid, and one thing crossed his mind.

For her.
He lashed out in a lightning attack, falling back into a guard as quickly as possible.
[member="Darth Banshee"]

Darth Banshee replied Any time you want, though I could do with some help with de-encrypting some those files. She new the bothan was good a computers, and his help would be useful to say the least. She then turned the droid on to attack him, though she held the button ready to stop the droid if need.
[member="Strask Ak'lya"] fight it any way you want

The droid swung at him. He raised a guard, parrying the blow inches from his fur. He growled as it moved back. His blade flashed out again, striking the droid with a nick to the shoulder. He didn't stop, striking at the opening left when it recovered. A slash to the stomach, left open enough to hit. As he did, he drew the blade back, barely blocking the retaliation. If he could just get another opening... nothing. He kept it moving forward, kept it pressing, and then... There! A stab, as fast as he could, at he droid's neck. The jab struck, and the droid seemed to stop as he deflected the last blow coming down on him.
[member="Darth Banshee"]

Darth Banshee clapped as [member="Strask Ak'lya"] finished fighting the droid. Well done She remarked, as deactivated the droid. You learnt the basics, but keep the droid. It will help you train, and get better. She said with a smile, she then made one last comment Feel free to come to coruscant, and have look at those files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom