Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Swords Old and New

Jaxton Ravos

Mindwalker of the Outer Rim
Dear Aaralyn

I know we only met once at Jorus's summit, and things got a bit heated back there. But I'd prefer us not to hold judgement over one another based on one meeting. I know I've changed since that day, and if I had to hazard a guess I'd say you have too. If you're amenable I'd like to set up a meeting. Talk things over. What the Sith are doing. What the Jedi are doing. What I'm doing. What you're doing. All that jazz. Someplace private, or at least private enough not to cause a ruckus. Don't want to get ahead of myself. Anyways, if you're busy or don't want to meet up with an old Jedi I understand.

May the Force be with you,

Jaxton Ravos

[member="Aaralyn Gyndar"]

Dear Jaxton,

I find myself letting off a soft chuckle as I read this, as you reminded me of a more...untamed self, one might say. I agree, no judgement shall be held nor is held. I think that would be a great idea. Perhaps we can meet on Kessel, a bit out of the way of things. If not, please let me know of a more suitable location.

Then allow me two standard days.

Thank you,

Aaralyn Gyndar

[member="Jaxton Ravos"]

Jaxton Ravos

Dear Aaralyn,

Kessel? Sounds out of the way enough for me. I'll be there in three standard days, hanging around whatever bar or restaurant is at dock 14B.

Travel safe,

Jaxton Ravos

Depending on who got where when Jaxton would either spot Aaralyn as he walked in to The Skinny Hutt or as he was enjoying a greasy burger and Corellian Ale with a side of fries big enough that Aaralyn should feel comfortable taking a few. Either way once they were close enough he'd stand and offer up a firm handshake.

"Good to see you. I trust you didn't have much trouble?"

Aaralyn strode into the Cantina like she really didn't have a care in the Galaxy - truth be told - she didn't at the moment. She had found her children and her husband, unfortunately, duty called and she was pulled away from them again. [member="Falcon Gyndar"] was off doing his thing while [member="Mira Gyndar"] and [member="Aton Gyndar"] were safe on Yavin IV - thankfully. Rumor had come her way of a bounty by the One Sith for her children - a bounty to which she would do anything to prevent from coming to fruition. Force save the idiot who took the job - she would move planets to make sure that the twins stayed safe, that was for sure.

She was in her simple attire, looking as if she were a bit clean for the place but a spacer none the less. She adjusted the vest as she walked past the tables until she came up to [member="Jaxton Ravos"] - a smile cracked her lips as she shook his hand firmly. "I am well, and it appears you are as well..." She chuckled softly and sat down, ordering herself a Corellian Ale as well. "That burger looks pretty good..." She gestured as she sat down across from him.

Her lightsabers would thud against the metal of the chair and then hit her thighs softly before dangling freely beside where she sat. She'd extend her legs up across the table to the chair beside her, propping them up in a resting position - then of course, she'd cross them at the ankles. A bit of a sigh would escape her lips, in relief perhaps, her feet aching a bit from all the walking in her combat boots. Maybe it was time to get a new pair, thankfully the comfort of the form fitting combat pants and the skin-tight shirt made up for it all...

Atleast she didn't look like a Hutt after she had the children, being fit and able to fit into her old clothes had it's benefits. She had seen people who had their kids and well, things weren't so the same.

Thank the Force for that - she'd chuckle seemingly out of nowhere, most likely at her own thoughts as she gazed at Jaxton with violet eyes. "I assume this is more than a social call?" Her hands would come to clasp gently in her lap, her right hand covering her left - concealing the rather large gem-ring and it's companion band beneath it. She hated wearing it sometimes - she swore to Falcon she'd get a necklace and put it around her neck when she traveled...the damn thing felt like it weighted down her hand. She shook her head softly, coming back to the here and now, looking back to Jaxton again - still smiling.

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton smiled. "Can't complain." he said as they sat at the table and Aaralyn ordered herself a Corellian Ale. He could see her eyeing his greasy burger as well, and she soon commented on it. Jaxton rose a hand and got the attention of the waiter before he walked too far away.

"Get her a burger too." He said, and the rodian nodded, before heading back to the kitchen. "This is probably really bad for me, but it's fantastic and I can't bear to share it." He explained with a smile as she settled in. He heard the sound of metal clang to the chair as the woman propped up her feet on another chair and covered her left hand, Jaxton's vision missing the ring below it. Another conversation for another time perhaps. When he looked at her he saw a happiness in her, something he hadn't seen the first time he met her. Perhaps the last time was just a bad day for her, or perhaps she was a changed woman. Either way it wasn't Jaxton's place to judge, as the woman chuckled while keeping that happy expression on her face, her eyes locking with his as she spoke. Jaxton wanted to laugh, but he couldn't.

"Can people like us not just hang out anymore?" Jaxton asked, not entirely sure if it was a question for her or him. "But you're right." He said before munching on a fry and motioning for her to take some as well. "There is some business too discuss." His voice would be flavored with sounds of reluctance and regret. Perhaps it was from the seriousness turn their conversation had taken.

"So, what has Kiskla told you about what I'm doin?"

Aaralyn smirked and adjustd herself, coming upright to sit infront of him. She'd lean in as they spoke before nodding. "Of course people like us can hang up, just not when we have the One Sith breathing down our necks and wanting to hang us from buildings by our skin...no?" She chuckled softly, leaning back as the Rodian delievered both her Ale and a delicious looking burger. Her stomach growled at her as she eyed the damned thing - oh it would be such a waste to let delicious food like that go to waste - but her diet....ah kark it! She chuckled and took some fries from [member="Jaxton Ravos"]'s plate and placed them on her own before she began devouring the burger.

Oh, the sweet meat! The savory flavor of the greasy burger in her mouth - the tangy mustard, the sweet ketchup with just a hint of kick, quite possibly homemade here at the Cantina. The crunch of the veggies that caused the whole thing to nearly pop out of the bun, Force knows - the damn thing was good and with the diet she was on, she enjoyed every bit of it. She'd take a few fries and munch on them, setting the burger to the side of her plate while a free hand grabbed the Corellian Ale.

She appeared to be a woman on a mission or rather, a starving child? Yeah, that better fit the current picture. She'd swallow hard, looking up at Jaxton as she took a large sip of Ale. She'd give him a big smile before setting down the ale slowly. "Sorry, been on a bit of a diet..." She chuckled as she brought the ale before her, slowing down her devouring of food. She perked up at the mention of [member="Kiskla Grayson"] - leaning in before shaking her head. "No."

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton chuckled at the Jedi Sword's rather colorful description of Sith threats and attacks, munching into his burger and nearly finishing it off by the time the rodian server came back and handed Aaralyn her burger and drink. Her stomach growled, but she hesitated, before snatching up the burger and some of his fries with animalistic savagery. A rather wide smile would find his face as he finished off his own burger. He knew he was missing something, but it wasn't his place to pry. After a moment she'd take a large swallow than follow it up with a swig of ale and a smile as she set down the drink and told him she was on a diet. Jaxton let out a hearty laugh.

"I won't tell anyone. Promise." He said, before she told him that she didn't know what Kiskla did. Funny that, if she hadn't told him she probably hadn't told anybody. Which let the amount of people who knew what he was doing fall to two, the one who'd taught him how to blend in a little better, and the one he defeated at Kashyyyk. Jaxton would set down his food and come in a little closer to the jedi before letting go a soft whisper.

"I infiltrated the One Sith a little over two months ago. They think I'm a Chiss hopeful thanks to a little illusionry here and there. Managed to kill one of their higher operatives." He said, and opened his jacket slightly, revealing a saberstaff within. "Mute nautolan. Penchant for hunger. He had some information that you might find useful if Kiskla hasn't sent it to somebody." Jaxton paused for a minute, and his face faded a bit before he spoke again.

"Fought one of your guys on Kashyyyk. Healer girl, kept her alive and unmaimed and sent her home." He said, thinking of [member="Taheera Sollo"] as he spoke, and hoping that burn in her stomach was doing better. "Was hoping you might could help me do some research. Trying to build a new saber after I lost it in a fight with her, need to figure how to do some more obscure things I remember bits and pieces of in the archives. Protosabers and dimetris circuits and the like. That and, well . . . " His voice hung for a moment, as if he were hesitating on what to say. "Well, I had a vision of sorts. I think my cover's going to blown soon, but I still want to help after that. I don't know if I want to join the Jedi. But I want to help."

Aaralyn nodded as she continued to munch on fries before bringing the burger to her mouth to take another bite. She'd snatch up the ale and take a big swallow before nodding, looking down at the table. "I don't see why I couldn't." She brought a napkin to her mouth and wiped softly as she listened. "Well, I mean - The Republic...The Jedi Order is in a bit of a unique situation at the moment." She sighed heavily, leaning back after grabbing a few fries with her right hand, her left hand plucking them out to feed herself - one by one as she spoke. Occasionally, she'd point in the direction of [member="Jaxton Ravos"] as she spoke of the Jedi Order.

"The Council has been re-established and Grandmaster Grayson, well, it's now my old Padawan who is the Grandmaster - which is sort've odd..." She shook her head as she popped another fry in her mouth. "I am apart of a network of Jedi." She gestured slightly. "I'll have to introduce you, I think you'd fit better in there and I think we could use your expertise and experience."

Jaxton Ravos

Jaxton's face let down a bit as Aaralyn explained. It seemed that between the lines Aaralyn was saying that the Jedi were having more internal struggles. In the days of the Old Republic, and even in Krayt's One Sith thousands of years later it could be counted on that the Sith would crumble upon themselves, clawing at one another for personal gain. The Jedi would always lose some men and women, those who'd fallen to the Dark side, but those who remained would stay a unified front. A bastion against the dark side. Yet today, heck, ever since the Gulag Plague, it seemed that the Jedi and Sith were quite the opposite. A shame.

"Eh. I'm not looking to join this or that people. Titles and politics of whose more jedi than somebody else doesn't interest me. I just want to help people." Jaxton said after taking a last chomp out of his burger. He looked around the bar a moment, spotting the rodian waiter attending to his drinks. The ithorian and the devaronian playing an intense round of sabacc in the corner. The weequay getting hustled playing at the pool table. The Nikto that had been on a comm call for the last fifteen minutes. The wookiee bouncer stopping that stopped a fight by bending a table between two aggressors. The quarren bartender mixing drinks.

"I just . . . These people? They don't deserve to have their fates pushed on them because they don't have the Force." Jaxton shrugged, then saw one the patrons, the nikto, leaving.

"Except that guy. He's been tailing me for a week." Jaxton whispered and laid down some credits, more than enough to pay for the both of them. If aaralyn wanted to pay him back she could do it on the move, but Jaxton was already up and moving.

"Lets go find out what he's up to."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom