Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Mice and Men (Ben Watts)

Ossus was nothing of Rohlan’s home world of Rinn. This planet was far richer with life and the forests were far vaster then the clumps that patched the harsh world that the Tintinnas had called home. The sentient rodent sat below a large tree, his tiny back resting against the trunk as he sat cross legged and dignified with his stuby arms resting on his thighs.

Rohlan was nothing more than an padawan to the Order. He may have been born on Rinn but he was raised here, hand picked by the jedi at a very young age. Closing his eyes he would shut himself from the plethora of stimuli to focus on the task at hand. The wind bristled his fur and added to his rhythmic breathing as he centered his soul. He would move his back off the truck so he could sit tall and straight.

Picking a spot above his naval to focus upon with just his mind, he would continue the breathing, focusing fully on the rising and fall of his abdomen on inhale and exhale. This was to achieve inner peace, harmony and serenity.

[member="Rohlan"]

Ben ran his hand along a tree as he made his way through the forests of Ossus, his focus on the force signature of one particular person, his newest Padawan. The time he had spent training since he had come back to Ossus had improved him greatly, he no longer ached all over, and his mind was more focused every day. The usual charm and smile he carried were back and he was ready to take on another Padawan. It had been far too long since he had trained anyone, not since Adonari, who was now a Master of the Order. He did not feel confident in his abilities to train, but, it was war time and the Jedi needed people to step up. He was accustomed to the prospect of stepping up into leadership roles, after all, he was the former Grandmaster of the Jedi Order.

Stepping out, he spotted his Padawam Rohlan, meditating under a tree. He was a tiny figure, a rodent species, but that did not matter to Ben. Teferi had been around the same size as this boy and he was one of the greatest Jedi Ben had ever met. "Good morning," Ben said, interrupting his meditation, but it was time to train. "I am not sure if you heard, but, I am to be your Master." Ben reminisced about when he had first learned he was to be taken as a student to a Jedi Knight, his excitement had never been greater, and those were some of the best days of his life. He hoped to maybe return that feeling to the young Jedi.

Reaching into his pocket he pulled out a pendant that was shaped in the insignia of the Jedi Order. He dropped it, while holding onto the chain, so that the young Padawan could see it. "Before I will call you my Padawan, and you call me your master, you must remove this from my neck. This is how everyone will know you are my Padawan, only the best are allowed to train under me, and this is how you prove it." He lifted the pendant over his head and let it drop over his robes, he would keep it visible for the young Padawan to see. "You may attempt to get it any time you desire over the next week. When I am sleeping, when we are training, any way you see fit. I must warn you, though, every time you fail my reactions will become harsher. If, by the end of the week comes, you have not taken it from me, I will find a suitable replacement Master."

"Now, onto our first lessons, first tell me what you think being a Jedi is and why you wish to become one. Second, tell me what you know already from your time spent as a youngling. Third, what do you wish to learn from me?"

( Click on Pendant to see the... well... the pendant. )

Rohlan's meditation was interrupted by a gentle and kind greeting. The tintinna open his eyes to see the man who had approached, a tall man with dark hair and a groomed beard to match. His mere presence was formidable and awe striking. This was the great Jedi Master Ben Watts. Rohlan knew that he was getting ben as a master, he as excited and honored to have the chance to learn under such a master of the likes of Watts. The jedi padawan rose to his feet quickly giving the Master before him a bow of respect.

"Greetings Master Watts!" He replied showing that he knew of him and that he was expected. "I am honored at this chance to prove myself to you"

Ben would go on about his expectations and then laid down the gauntlet with just a mere trinket, a pendant, that Rohlan would have to aquire by any means necessary with in the week. The thought of ganking it right there and then with the force crossed the rodent's mind but he thought other of it. Patience will be the name of this game, patience and cunning.

Now what is it to be a jedi? Why do I want to be one? and What do I wish to learn.

"To be Jedi is to be gifted with the Force, to have as well a duty to use that power for the greatest possible benefit of those without it, particularly those faced with violence or injustice that they themselves are not able to overcome. To aid and strive for galactic peace. With great power comes great responsibility. To be Jedi is to be aware of the destructive potential of using such powers selfishly, or out of passionate emotion, and to accept responsibility for avoiding such abuses. Responsibility is inseparable from ability, and with power through the Force, altruism is the only ethical course. To be Jedi is to strive for personal excellence in all areas, not for pride in accomplishment but in order to offer the greatest service to others. To know one's strengths so that these may be most effectively applied and more importantly to know one's flaws so that one can guard against temptations or failing others. Jedi are not better than other people can be if they so choose, but must be the best they can be - morally, intellectually and physically - to take up those burdens that others cannot. This is what it means to be a Jedi, Master Watts! This is what I will dedicate myself too."

Satisfied with his own answer it was time to answer the Master's last question. What would I like to learn from him "Master Watts, I want to learn everything that you can offer me. I would be your student through and through. I have already learned the basics but I need you to guide me to my fullest potential"

[member="Ben Watts"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom