Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Of Glowsticks And Space Magic

~ Please note that this thread will be a continual training thread containing the past 4 years of @[member='Thurion Heavenshield']'s training. ~​
Session One
Coruscant
Left, right, duck, sweep. Step back, repeat.

Clumsy, yet determined, Thurion had been at it for hours, working drill after drill without incident, with only one break to split up the countless regimes. During this time he had indulged his love of blue milk, grateful for the respite. Now his tiny hands were curled into fists, raised in guard against an unseen opponent. His desire to make Asha proud was unflinching, unwavering. Over the past few weeks his training regime had increased substantially, due to Asha's belief in his ability. He was very capable for his age, quick to learn and grasp new concepts. It had been almost a year since the pair had met on Pelagon, and how he has changed, from the scared little boy who knew only despair. She was very proud of the progress he had made, of his commitment to the Order and the Galaxy at large.

Even for one so young he had achieved so much, set aside all prejudices for the sake of others. During the past year he had befriended two of the most unlikely individuals the Order could throw at him, a wild-child who had been brought back from Endor by Jaxton Ravos, and a Sith-girl that had been brought in by Syn with the hopes of bringing her to the light. Both of these children he had welcomed with open arms, casting off any judgement he might have had of either. Infact, she had noted just how close he had come to both, and his devastation when the Sith-girl chose to leave. Asha still hadn't had the heart to tell him of her descent back into darkness, following the Invasion of Metalorn... Nor did she think she could, his wound with regards to Kära was still raw.

Jab, side step, parry, lock. Push back, step aside, repeat.

By now she could tell that his energy was waning, beads of sweat were collecting on his brow, yet still he was locked in steadfast determination. His drills were coming to a close, and when she monitored the time she realised he had lasted longer today than he had before. Another achievement. Finally she held up a hand, and smiled in his direction. "I believe that will be enough for today, Thurion. You may rest." With that she offered out a towel and a flask of blue milk, and to the side were some healthy-yet-energy-boosting foods for him to eat. "You did very well, every day you work harder, and it is paying off. How do you feel?" The Knight moved across to the side table, and sat down to wait for him to join her, so they could discuss the session as a whole.

At first the boy did not pay attention to his master's words, as he struggled maintaining focus as it were. Kära was gone, and he knew it. She would never return to the Jedi Order, neither as guest or captive. He spent his time reminiscing about their time together; their spot beneath the apple-tree, the trip to Cathar under the guidance of Master Syn, and that time he messed with her by having Daux pounce her unexpectedly. They immidietly bonded, and their friendship was greatly appreciated by him, but even more by Kära, he felt. She was not one for making friends, he could tell, but she was as worthy of having friends as anyone else. After her leaving, Thurion couldn't help but feeling some part of him left with her. In the weeks to come, he'd spend his time in training, honing his skills in martial arts and lightsaber-fighting. It helped him focus on other than heartache, for the moment.

When Master Asha signalled for him to stop, her presence caught up to him. He dropped his fists to his sides and turned to his master, bowed, and sat down with her at the table. He preferred sitting close to her, choosing the chair next to her rather than the one opposite from her. The sweat crawled down his forehead, following the lines of the scars from his past, still present for all to see, as well as some new ones obtained during training and even some from him just exploring, climbing trees and what-not. His hands were shaking lying in his lap as he panted heavily. Wiping the sweat from his forehead with the back of his hand, he glanced over at Asha. "Thank you, Master", he said. "Truthfully, Master? I miss Kära..." His head slumped into Asha's shoulder. "Why did she have to go, Asha?"

@[member="Asha Seren"]

Asha watched him for a moment, allowing him to speak his mind. When he settled his head to her shoulder she raised a hand and settled it to the side of his temple, brushing stray strands of hair aside in a soothing manner. For a moment she was silent, pondering over the answer she would give. Finally she managed to calculate a coherent response in her mind, and tried to transfer it into words. "The Force requires a balance of people, all through the Galaxy. Perhaps there are greater plans for her yet, sweetheart, it is not my place to question the will of the Force" she told him, Not even when it snatches a girl back into the darkness. No, Asha definitely wasn't ready to reveal such to Thurion. "I know that you miss your friend, Thurion, that it's difficult to overcome... But can you try? Not for my sake, but for your own."

This discussion in itself reminded Asha that they had something serious they needed to attend to in the near future. Breathing in softly to brace herself for his reaction, she began to question "Would you be willing to return to Pelagon with me, Thurion?" Tilting her head down she tried to look upon his face, to see his expression, his response. After all, she was asking him to do something which would be very difficult, facing his demons would not be an easy path... But it was necessary. While she asked this, she took up the towel and began to wipe his forehead dry. Then she cleaned her hands, and brought out a sandwich from the hamper on the table, offering it to him. She knew that he was hungry, and maybe it would give him time to think about what she said, she was showing him he did not have to rush a decision.

@[member="Thurion Heavenshield"]

Only nodding in response to her words, he'd nuzzle his face into her shoulder before she wiped away his beads of sweat littering his forehead. He could tell Kära had a hard time fitting in among the Jedi, and an even harder time leaving them. He was not against her decision to leave, he just wished to know why she had to go. Had he mistreated her, done her wrong somehow? All he's ever wished since joining the Jedi is protecting people, friend and stranger alike. But when they decide to leave him, he feels like what he did was not enough. A tear ran across his cheek. "If you say so, Asha..." he said, admittedly not believing her words, but respecting her to not speak against her. She had been like a mother to him--- no, she was his mother, through and through. He could not see his mother's face anymore, and whenever thinking of her Asha would take her place.

Upon hearing "Pelagon", his heart sank. It had been some time since having heard or thought of his former home, save for the tragedy which had brought the two of them together. He could think of few places he would rather stay away from than Pelagon. Why would they have to go back there, back where it all began, the site of his utter ruination? "A-Are you sure, Master?" His words were struggling to come out of him, just as his mind was now struggling to keep the images of his brother out. "What would we be doing there? Is there some Jedi buisness we have to deal with there?" As he spoke, he already knew what her answer would be. There were no other reason to go there than the obvious one. When Asha unveiled the sandwich, he at first regarded it as a sort of bribe, to have him agree more readily. But a few moments later he deemed her to be above such intentions, and grabbed it with both hands before taking a bite out of it. His gaze turned to Asha, awaiting her response.

@[member="Asha Seren"]

She could tell that Thurion did not believe her. What she said was true, however, the Force did have a plan in mind for everyone, and it wasn't her place to force the actions of another. Reaching out she brushed the tear from his face, allowing a tender sigh to leave her. Pulling the little boy up into her lap she rocked him in place for a moment, running a hand through his hair. He may have been a Jedi Padawan, but he was also a child who had lost so much, and she couldn't bear seeing him like this. "Trust in the Force, sweet one" she whispered, as she continued to rock him, and when he began to settle she rested him back in the chair and re-offered the sandwich to him. Asha was hungry herself, but she would always see to Thurion's needs before her own, it was simply the way things were.

And then his world shattered further, as she expected upon mentioning his homeworld. He could barely speak, and he seemed very deflated, if not scared. It was clear he didn't understand, or that he was trying to tell himself he didn't. "I'm certain." With a small sigh she rested a hand back in his hair, flowing calming waves out from her body through the Force, towards him. She wasn't attempting to influence his decision in anyway, merely wanting him to think clearly so the decision was his, so it was made without any secondary causes affecting it. "And yes, there is Jedi business to be dealt with on Pelagon. Concerning yourself. It is time we helped you over your past, over your fears, sweet one. I know what you wish out of life ~ to help others, so they do not suffer, but how can you help another if you cannot help yourself?"

Letting him take the sandwich from her she leant forwards and placed a kiss to the top of his head. "And I will be there with you throughout it all, Thurion. But this has to come from you." Yes, this would definitely be his Trial of Spirit, a way for him to find his true self, while shedding the ghosts of his past... "Do you trust me, Thurion?"

The fact that she asked him whether or not he trusted her was surreal to Thurion. He did not find it insulting, as he knew her intention was never to make him feel such. Instead he found it so obvious what the answer was to her question, that tears would well up in the corners of his eyes. "I trust you, Asha...!" Devastated, he buried his face in her chest like an infant would his mother, wrapping his arms around her neck. After a moment of sniffling and whimpering the eight-year-old continued: "I love you, Asha... You're my whole reason to live, Mo---" He paused for a second. "...Master." Having wiped away his tears on her robes, he brought his face before hers. With a frown on his face their gazes locked, and waves of calmness washed over him; Master Asha had always had that effect on him.

Composing himself for a moment, he said: "I'll go wherever you want me to, Master. Even Pelagon, if that is your wish." He never wished to let Asha down. It would destroy him should she think any less of him. But he also knew this was something she wanted him to do, for his own sake. It was for his sake they would go to Pelagon, to the site of his greatest tragedy, the place of his rebirth as a Jedi. "I want to, Master. Please..." His voice was more certain of itself this time around. He took a deep breath as he wiped away the last traces of his tears from his cheeks. "I am ready, Asha."

@[member="Asha Seren"]

Asha said nothing, instead she retransferred her tiny Padawan across to her lap and held him there, rocking him for a moment to try and keep him calm, to return his peace. One hand rose to play with his hair, softening it down and whispering songs from days long gone, humming the parts she no longer remembered. "The Force has plans for you, my Padawan, which are your reasons to live." Calmly brushing back his hair she looked down at him, and settled her forehead against his. "You will grow to be a wonderful Jedi, a protector against evil, a Guardian against the dark." But one day there may come a day where he no longer had her to fall back on. Which is why he had to trust in his own abilities, rather than worrying whether or not she was pleasing him, she could not let him live through her, he had to live for himself.

"Trust yourself, your instincts and the Force." With that she wiped any remaining tears from his eyes and gently rose up from the seat, settling him down to the floor. Taking his hand in her own, she added, "You're a brave boy, Thurion, to face your demons." And then she began to gently lead him away, giving him the chance to halt her actions should he wish it. Her paces led them to the door, and from there they would head towards her ship - provided he allows this to take place.

Simply looking up at his master he nodded in response, as words were not necessary to relay what he wished. If Asha thought it good for him to return to Pelagon, then that is what he'd do. Not only to please her, but for himself, like Asha said. Maybe, with a little luck, they'd be able to hold a ceremony for those lost in the fire, including his brother. Doubtful there would be little left but rubble or even just specks of ashes laying about, he joined Asha in marching towards the door, after which he would take her by the hand like he'd always do. Truly, the silhouette of the two of them walking hand-in-hand was a common sight these days; his small frame versus her taller figure, always purposefully wandering side by side. They were like mother and son, older sister and younger brother, more than master and apprentice. Thurion would always look up to his side to find Asha there beside him, looking down on him with her calm, reassuring eyes. Nothing had to be said between the two, as they'd always know what the other was thinking, how he/she would react and say. And the eight-year-old wouldn't have it any other way.

@[member="Asha Seren"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom