Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Nysillin IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Name: Nysillin IV
  • Manufacturer: Sasori Research
  • Affiliation: Company Name (Sasori Research)
  • Market Status: Closed-Market
  • Modularity: Variable depending on Species
  • Production: Mass-Produced
  • Material:
    • Bota
    • Exotic Matter
    • Nysillin
TECHNICAL INFORMATION
  • Classification: Drug
  • Method of Consumption: Injection
  • Average Life: Indefinite
  • Nutritional Value/Allergies/Side Effects/ Purpose: Mutagenic properties based on species traits enhancing them for good or bad.
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Mutagenic Properties: The Nysillin is a powerful painkiller and healing agent but when combined with the synthetic bota it creates variable effects in species and force users. From improving for a time a force users connection to the force to being a euphoric narcotic to twi'leks. In zeltrons it enhances their pheromones and overloads their empathic capabilities. Sasori engineers and medical jedi have worked with the exotic matter to fill in some gaaps though and have it enhance species traits more then anything.
STRENGTHS
  • Accelerates Natural Healing Processes
  • Superior Pain Management
WEAKNESSES
  • Highly Addictive
  • Continued Use builds up a resistance
  • Possible Allergic Reaction
DESCRIPTION
Made for use within Sakura medical hospital centers and ships, the nysillin flowers Sakura harvested and replanted on Felucia during the silver sanctums visit to it have been processed and worked. Making the seeds into a liquid form that could be applied in an IV for pain and healing management. The liquid form of it creates a very euphoric sensation that while making healing processes accelerated can become highly addictive requiring precise pain management and control of the substance in a drug locker. The effects of the nysillin are minor, being able to do pain management as well as providing a boost to the healing processes. It is not an instant injection requiring setup and to be input by a trained professional. It isn't as strong as kolto or bacta whish generally requires submersion but it is up there with medical packs health stims.

With work and research into it the medical engineers from Sakura and Sasori worked with the Bangmangi stations research to engineer the Nysillin into something much better. They took ancient preserved samples of bota to grow synthetic versions of it and enhance it genetically to be more stable then the mutating properties would allow. This also allowed them to improve the mutagenic properties of it that varied with species and allowed them to make it enhance their natural attributes and traits while healing them... but in force users it is like a powerful drug enhancing their awareness of the force and connection for a small time.

More of the work that was done with it allowed them to engineer and stabilize it for long term storage and use... while injections of it can break down in the body the bacta style baths of it can heal the body and allow them to save many more as it doesn't need to be recycled like Bacta engineered to sterilize itself. The nysillin bath is perfect for topical pain management in the short term but not the long term as it still maintains its highly addictive qualities and the side effects can become a mental strain to subjects.

Last edited:
RESEARCH REVIEW
-----
Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review
------
Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review
------
WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review
------
WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review
------
SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Gir Quee"]

It is vague in the same way the others are. bacta promotes and accelerates the bodies healing and regeneration, health stims just say inject and puts in overdrive the natural healing properties. Kolto is mostly just submerge and it heals, Healing sticks are even more vague with rub, foam and believed stronger then bacta. Bota just says it has effects and doesn't explain beyond that same as Nysillin.

If I had to guess I would say it acts like a dose of epinephrine would for the heart. A strong jolt to get the cells of the body working to promote healing.

[member="Matsu Ike"], I'm pretty hesitant of approving any sort of panacea medicine without extensive development. I do agree that we seem them in Star Wars (bacta, kolto), but these seem to be the exception to the rule rather than the norm.

While it's clear that Nysillin appears to be the source of a valuable medicine, I haven't found any reference to it yet that gives it general healing properties (admittedly, I haven't seen the Clone Wars episode from which it is derived).

My advice would to make it something like Athelas in Lord of the Rings or any number of real life drugs to give it multiple effects or uses, but not to make it something that does everything.

For example, morphine is a vaso-dilator (opens up blood vessels), relieves pain, reduces anxiety, and also lowers respiratory rates to list just a few of its effects

Epinephrine is a vaso-constrictor (useful to stop bleeding or to prolong another medication's effects), relieves some respiratory problems, and can also be used to correct some aberrant heart rhythms.

If there are any particular effects that you're looking for, feel free to let me know.

[member="Gir Quee"] the episode is not really about the nysillin. That is just the excuse for the seven samurai style of the episode where Anakin, Obi and Ahsoka work with mercenaries to defend the village frm Hondo. That excerpt in the wookie page really is longer then it is referenced in the episode.

And really I am in agreement but it is so vague I went with the smallest thing like the health stim for med packs over something powerful like bacta trying to give it the downside of being a drug. (given it is called nysillin spice on the exports for felucia and a healing herb) that is mainly where I got morphine as a real like equivalent for it. Went for the addictive qualities but I can add more about dangers over overdosing on it to the sub as well.

Matsu Ike said:
making healing processes accelerated

I don't want to overly cramp what this submission can do, and I realize that every injury is different, but how fast are we talking about roughly?

Is this something that potentially be used to quickly treat injuries in a PVP environment? Or something more useful in the long-run storyline?

Matsu Ike said:
[member="Gir Quee"]

This would not be instant, this is made to be used after a fight and hooked up for you.
Excellent. Put something in the submission like a peak action time or something to the effect that makes it clear that this isn't an instantaneous healing.

Since this doesn't have any development behind it, I'd also like the submission to explicitly state that this accelerated healing rate is relatively minor compared to bacta or kolta.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom