Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship NTX-074e "Dagger" Swarm Fighter

Status
Not open for further replies.
TCI-Cougar-showoff.jpg

Image Source: Here
Affiliation: Open Market
Manufacturer: Corellian Engineering
Model: NTX-074e
Modularity: None
Production: Mass-Produced
Material:

• Desh-Maranium Alloy - Hull Plating, Frame
  • Glasteel - Sensor Housing
Classification: Starfighter
Length: 4 meters
Height: 1.3 meters
Width: 3.2 meters

Armament:

• One Concussion Missile Launcher
  • One Light Laser Cannon
Squadron Count: 36

Special Features:

J9 Remote Command System: The J9 RCS allows the NTX-074e to be given orders en mass, such as attack or recall orders.
  • Communications Array
  • Light Ray Shield Generator
  • Standard Navigational Systems
  • Standard Sensor Array
  • Standard Targeting Systems

Maneuverability Rating: 1
Speed Rating: 2
Hyperdrive Class: None

Strengths:

Zerg Rush Kekeke: The NTX-074e is designed with a single philosophy in mind - quantity over quality. Almost dirt cheap to make, the swarm fighter is meant to overwhelm opponents with sheer numbers.

Weaknesses:
Zap Zap, You're Dead: The Dagger has no defense against ion weaponry whatsoever.

Paper Plate Armor: As combat losses are expected to be high, the Dagger is designed to be as cheap to manufacture as possible. Cheap materials mean that the craft's armor is almost useless in combat. Once the light shield is down, one or two shots and the craft will explode.

Rook to E4: As a cheap droid fighter, the Dagger isn't capable of complex tactics and maneuvers like more sophisticated droid fighters or organic pilots would be.

Jenga Tower: Since the droid fighters are slave-linked to a single ship, if that ship is destroyed then all the droid fighters linked to it shutdown.

Description: Designed parallel to the Talon heavy starfighter, the Dagger swarm fighter is the extreme opposite of the Eharl-class. Small and cheap to produce, the fighter is meant to be deployed en mass and controlled by a droid control ship. Attaching themselves to the hull, the swarm fighters are ferried around until a target is selected. Then they are used to overwhelm and confuse the enemy with their superior numbers.

The fighters lack many components of starfighters piloted by organics; no life support, no extraneous space. A simple droid brain controls it and executes commands handed down by the control ship via the J9 remote command system. A lack of safety for the pilot means that the craft has impressive maneuverability, though second-rate engines keep the craft from achieving its true top speed.

Individually, the NTX-074e are weak and virtually defenseless. However, each drone fighter is armed with a concussion missile launcher and a light laser cannon. And in one-on-one dogfights, an organic pilot or more sophisticated droid fighter will easily figure out how to lure the Dagger into crosshairs for a quick kill. But when engaged in formation with the rest of the squadron, the Dagger becomes truly formidable. However, with every other cost saving measure, the craft is critically vulnerable to ion weaponry. A single glancing hit is more than enough to disable the craft.

Development Thread: N/A
Intent: To make a super-cheap, throw-away swarm fighter.
Who Can Use This: CEC customers
Primary Source: N/A

ADM. Reshmar

Directorate Officer Fleet Admiral SJC 3rd Fleet
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

[member="Reshmar"]

I'm not sure why I should need to. At a less quarter the size of a standard fighter, these have a slightly less than the max weaponry adjusted for the squadron count, no warheads, no hyperdrive, no shields, and shoddy armor. In almost every way, weapon-wise, these are equal to a normal squadron at their present count of forty-eight. They have one strength and four weaknesses. I think there's been plenty of trade-offs to ask for a squadron count of forty-eight.

[member="Reshmar"]

While that swarm fighter only has thirty-six in it, I feel like there are a couple of noteworthy differences between the two that are sufficient to justify the different squadron sizes.

The other fighter has;

• Two different kinds of propulsion
  • A hyperdrive
  • Advanced targeting systems
  • Its description says that with coordination, its weaponry can affect even capital ships whereas mine reversed; no amount of coordination is gonna make its weaponry affect capital ships. I even add in exceptions for most freighters and transports.
If it's absolutely insisted that 36 is the most that I can have, I'd like to change up / add back in a few things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom