Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nov Staff Critique

Yoru Shakou

As I noted previously on the lack of proper and efficient communication between the RPJs

The one thing I've seen; and coming from recent personal experience is the lack in communication between the Roleplay Judges and a set across the board stance on technology that seemingly does not exist at this current time.

To use my current example. I had a piece of tech denied specifically due to its appearance while being told that it is because the site will deny "Mechs." However I have also seen that while this one or few particular staff members take this stance, it is not a full across the board stance. I have seen other technologies that have been approved that are without a doubt "Mechs," that were approved without a second thought.

At this moment that is my biggest concern and personal pet peeve; that the Roleplay Judges are not communicating more coherently or efficiently as they should when it comes to what should, can, and will be approved or denied in terms of specific aspects of a submission.

When a member sees that their submission is denied by one Roleplay Judge for a set reason, then turns around and sees another submission which is in the exact same area when it comes to design, aspect, feel, etc etc; is approved by a separate Roleplay Judge after having been told otherwise by the first; it creates conflicting messages. Not only does it create conflicting messages between Roleplay Judges, it also creates conflicting messages between the Roleplay Judges and the members.

If this trend of approval and denial based on a specific Roleplay Judges own bias and feelings continues, then I foresee people specifically asking for a specific RPJ just to get their submission approved; as well as attempt to keep their submissions away from those RPJs that would deny said submission. I feel that because of this, because of the possibility of this creating further conflict; the RPJs need to come to an agreement (be it by their own doing, or a staff meeting.) There needs to be a set outline of what will be and will not be approved on this site; across the board rather than it being a RPJ case by case basis.

In this way it will create a more fair process for all members; rather than making them feel as if they had been cheated on their submission, and left asking why there submission was denied and others were approved.

Qae Shena

Super Shaper Puppy!
Screw what anyone else thinks: RPJs and admins lose sleep over this site. I did before here, and I know the feeling. But never before has it been so apparent, and this entire site should give you guys a thank-you from us. We can't criticise you when you guys have taken this issue and worked your collective asses off to let us do our thing, at the cost of you guys doing it yourselves for a few more days.

So, thanks guys. Thanks for losing sleep, thanks for pulling out hair, thanks for working hard to make it so we can flail some words on the internet.

If you wanna thank the staffers, like this post. Or, better yet, say it yourselves and give some staffers some warm fuzzies through their very long days.

Staff have done an excellent job in helping us get through the apocalypse. Only person I suppose we can blame for it is the company. Tef did whatever he could to get things up and running again, and for that, the man deserves a flight to the Red Light District in Amsterdam so he can blow off some steam.

I think the marathon that Tef did to try and fix the site, got some good staff here for sure.

Everything else I had to say was said in the last thread, and acknowledged by staff. Which is more than enough for me.

Kenji Kurogashi

K
Thanks you for every bit of support since May when I joined, Staff.

~Vyperion/Ryan

Daella Apparine said:
I suggest manual backups from now on.

Never gonna let you forget.

I imagine when normal operations restart, I'll have more to say.
I'm working on a solution that will ensure we will never have to rely on anyone else or worry about losing data again.

Matreya

@[member="Tefraxis"] ~ Cool Dude who somehow managed to talk me out of a Batmam character, so must be a Force Master.
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"] ~ Yes.
@[member="Ashin Varanin"] ~ The man is awesome. Period. Doing everything he can all the time to help, but then still has the issues of soon to be parenthood. I am a recent made parent myself and thus have to see the dedication. It's admirable.
@[member="Tegaea Alcori"] ~ ...redheads....so much win.....lol

Everyone else...? To be continued....lol.

Kk, time for a mid-November update on my critique.

We need more RPJs.

I say this because of how the current logistical situation seems to be set up. I've noticed three things they have drastically affected the activity and cohesion of said RPJs. What things, you may ask?

First is the fact that some RPJs seem to only look over certain tech subs. Case in point, I know of at least one RPJ who won't touch subs that are starships of any sort.

Second is that a good deal of them are on either Semi-LOA or official LOA. Torsjego and Nadia are amongst said Semi/LOA RPJs.

And lastly, there's the hole we need filled since Jon left and was replaced by two persons whom I considered to be fine RPJs, but we already know that. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom