Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Notification Bug

I'm having an issue with the notifications on this sub-account (Zylah Dvale). I'm informed at the top of the site when I've got new ones, but I'm unable to open it. This only happens on this sub-account, my writer's and other character account work as normal. The same issue is present in Chrome, Firefox and on my phone. I've never experienced this before, and I only found out this morning. Perhaps it'll fix itself in time, but in the event that it doesn't, I'm posting this here.

VgWwl9O.png

[member=Connor Harrison]

So it's not just me. I've found that a temporary solution is to right-click the bell, and open in new tab. This brings up your entire notification log.

You might've been aware of that already, but felt like saying it just in case you or others experience the same thing and don't know that.

Actually, I have a theory why this happened now. Could it have something to do with this thread?

The reason why I think that, is that [member=Connor Harrison] and [member=Sempra the Hutt] are experiencing the same issue. They both commented in this thread, and got tagged in a reply. I'm following the New Members forum, so I get notified when new threads are made.

Valiens Nantaris said:
Thread title edited because special characters cause issues with the notification service. Also, hi!
If there was an issue with the title, which would show up in the notification, maybe that's is the connection, and these issues are lasting effects of that?

[member=Skylars]

I'm aware of that thread. I think you misunderstood the problem, this has nothing to do with mentioning not working.

It's about not being able to view any notification, be that from mentioning or someone posting in a thread you're following. Clicking the bell icon does not open the notification log, as indicated in the image. That is the problem. Hope that cleared things out. :)

This was caused by a new user using images in their subject. If you are subscribed to the 'Welcome New Members' forum, this is what is causing it.

Right click on the notification bar, go into a new tab, and delete the offending notification, and that will fix the problem.

[member="Zylah Dvale"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom