Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Not really an LOA

So I work in a restaurant, as a cook in the kitchen, and because of that I already have pretty busy schedules for work - well just these last 2 weeks we've lost our sous chef and two cooks. Really it would have been fine if the second cook had put their 2 weeks in instead of just not coming to work and then quitting, but right now we're horribly understaffed for season (when it gets busy). There's just me, the dishwasher, and the other cook. I don't count the chef because.. well he's not exactly helpful.. in any case, my schedule is now sans a day off, meaning the only day of the week I don't work is monday - and I open and close every day now. Originally I had thursdays off, so I could reply to a post at least once a week, but thanks to the quitter I work that day too now.

I'm up to about 60-70 hours a week now, I think, which leaves me the normal time of night to get online - about midnight, or later depending on the day (later on the weekends).

I've already became a slower poster since I took this job at the end of last year, but now I'll be covering for 3 people's jobs (in tandem with the other cook I work with) and thus further limited in free time and energy.

So, tl;dr - Slow posting forever. If I take too long just continue with out me, there's no hurt feelings - I'm bitter that the chef hasn't hired anyone yet, this is completely out of my control.

[member="Braith Achlys"]

You're worth waiting for :)

tumblr_m7izujiBFL1r4td3po1_r1_500.gif

[member="Braith Achlys"]

Like all service staff, chefs, waiters or medical staff, customer service, anyone this time of year who are about to become really busy, I hope they don't work you all too hard and you get a break to be enjoying a few days off at least!

60+ hours is harsh, been there! You're a trooper for putting up with it, make sure they get someone trained up for xmas so they don't burn you out! Speaking for experience at times working in restaurants, you'd be surprised (or not) how often on holidays people call in sick too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom