Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Subject

Message Subject: No Subject
Recipient: Office of Mr. Verd
CC:
Sender: Mr. Verd

I did what was expected of me.

There is yet another Imperial movement stirring in the Galaxy. It is...fundamentally different than the former Remnant; but it has leagues more potential. I have chosen to do more than observe as directed. I have chosen to cast my lot in with them. I cannot tell you the capacity, of course, lest loyalty be called into question.

But, at the end of the day, I'm making this decision father. With or without your blessing. I know I'm not Deneve, born with free will. I know I'm not one of my heretic siblings either. But I feel that I deserve the freedom to choose my own path, not just the one you think is best.

I'm not Ravager any longer.

* * *​

Ishmael had stared at the screen for several minutes. This wasn't the first time he had been here, writing up a letter to the man who made him. Before, Ishmael had believed that obedience was the reason he was created. He was a clone...a perfect copy of his sire born to carry out his will abroad. But, it just didn't sit right any longer. Ishmael felt things, wanted things...and one of said things was freedom.

So he hit send and braced for impact.

Message Subject: No Subject
Recipient: Mr. Verd
CC:
Sender: Isley Verd, CEO.

Yet another Imperial movement. I'm not surprised. With the fall of every nation comes splinters. And splinters. And even more splinters. If this one truly shows more promise than a few warlords gallavanting about, then I shall proceed accordingly.

Now onto this...freedom...business.

It is true, you were born for a particular purpose. Unlike Adela, you were not an attempt to circumvent my own physical limitations. Unlike Deneve, you were not a blessing of chance. You were intentionally created, by my blood, to enact my will. At the time of your birth, that will was solely vengeance; as you are aware.

So I now I will know, who planted these corrupt seeds in your head? Who was bold enough to infect you with these delusions?

***​

Isley rubbed his temples.

There was so much work to be done, but every step forward seemed to cost two backwards. The news of another, promising, Imperial movement was excellent. That was what the Dar'manda was looking for. However, it came with the news that Ishmael wanted freedom. As much as he would have liked to give his clone a fairy tale response, he was crucial to Isley's vision.

There was too much at stake to go at it alone. He needed Ravager to be his final failsafe; to be that steadfast continuation of his will for decades to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom