Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No Man's Sky

Comes out June 22nd. Really looking forward to this. And unlike games like Elite Dangerous, you can play it offline too. Of course if you wanna see other people's discoveries and show yours, you'll have to go online. I'm still deciding weather to get the PC version or PS4 version. PC has a lot more power, PS4 I can play on a bigger screen. Ummmmmmmm.

Bunker-level Normal
You don't have your computer hooked up to your TV? Pssh, weak.

I'm going to save my money for the moment. NMS looks great, but I already bought into Star Citizen (I actually picked up E:D on sale, played it for a few hours, got bored and logged out.) and I'm trying not to dive too deep into another space sim before I can do SC justice.

Besides, Stellaris comes out on May 9, and KSP 1.1 is going to drop any day now, so I think I'll be busy this summer.

No Man's Sky is at the very top of my list and has been for a while. Offline play? Yes please.

tumblr_n6xtmynWTd1rbispdo1_400.gif

Captain Jordan said:

I'm going to save my money for the moment. NMS looks great, but I already bought into Star Citizen (I actually picked up E:D on sale, played it for a few hours, got bored and logged out.) and I'm trying not to dive too deep into another space sim before I can do SC justice.

Besides, Stellaris comes out on May 9, and KSP 1.1 is going to drop any day now, so I think I'll be busy this summer.
My computer has a proper gaming monitor. One that is primarily designed for games. Perfect for games such as Battlefront which I play on my PC which is a lot more powerful than the PS4. If I put the bigger TV on the PC, well let's put it this way, when I playing Battlefront and I take aim, I will already be dead. Not the case with my gaming monitor. With a game such as No Man's Sky, it shouldn't make much difference so I pre ordered the PS4 version today. Eve Valkyrie I'm gonna have to also wait for the PS4 version in October. I've already preordered my Playstation VR. The PC version already out with Occulus Rift is better, but double the price and very expensive. Stuff that.

Captain Jordan said:

Stellaris looks okay in this clip, although this isn't game play.

http://youtu.be/bxTT258PmNc

Music towards the end sounds like it's from the Avengers. KSP, is that Kerbal Space Program? If it is, it looks a bit too kiddie for me.

Ylva Alfrún

"Wolf Who Possess Hidden Knowledge"
I am excited for this game, though I've got reservations about the actual content and gameplay. If upgrades and tech development only apply to your character (personal ship, personal weapons, personal armor, etc), then there won't be much in it for me. Those motivations only last so long and eventually run out.

What I'm hoping to see is the ability to develop a greater society within the game. Trade hubs that develop naturally based on location and where people travel to most, shared coordinates, etc. I don't want to just redesign my own spaceship, I want to design whole new spaceships and technologies.

What I really want is a space version of Minecraft essentially, where you're given a procedurally-generated world and basic set of mechanics and assets that can be combined, manipulated and altered to create new ways of playing (like Redstone and being able to create computing devices within the game).

[member="Ylva Alfrún"]

Have you ever heard of Starmade? It has Minecraft graphics essentially, and you can place blocks (just like Minecraft) as well as build ships, fight pirates, explore a randomly generated universe. There's also Space Engineers, but that I haven't played.

And on the subject of No Man's Sky, I preordered it for PC! I can't wait, being a fan of space shooters and fighter sims.

Gilamar Skirata

The most important step is always the next one
[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Does it have offline mode?

The creators did also say it would probably be almost impossible to find people you know or even run into people simply because it takes the ENTIRE universe not just one galaxy so it might feel like offline and you get the benefit of watching a place grow

Gilamar Skirata said:
[member="Jorus Merrill"]
Does it have offline mode?

The creators did also say it would probably be almost impossible to find people you know or even run into people simply because it takes the ENTIRE universe not just one galaxy so it might feel like offline and you get the benefit of watching a place grow
I believe it does have an offline mode. As for running into people, there've already been instances of multiple players visiting the same planet at the same time, but they weren't able to find/affect each other. The planets are apparently separately instanced, and some folks are saying there are time-warp-related lore reasons at play.

Purchased No Mans Sky today and spent the entire day on the first world. Between identifying all the unique creatures of my first planet (creatures I'll not likely see again), and the numerous hours I spent hunting for resources and earning units (Cash); I thoroughly enjoyed this game so far.

No Mans Sky is mind-blowing in how massive the game really is. I'm almost put off by renaming worlds custom titles because the chances of returning to that planet after exploring into a new system, is incredibly unlikely. Even if I tried, I'm not sure I'd be able to find my way back, you're basically sailing in the dark of night without a compass.

While initially skeptical of how repetitive it might get, thus far my questions for what's possible in this game are too great. There are so many things to distract me from leaving the planet, whether it's upgrading my gear or seeking out the lore of the local races and their languages...-This is a game you really have to play to truly appreciate the size and scope of it all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom