Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbie here hello!

Hi guys i'm Paddyosmiley or Paddy for short, I've done lots of RPing but no Star Wars however i been wanting to do Star Wars for awhile I've sadly just been some what imitated by the big websites like this one. However i am going to give it a go, and hope every one and i can get along. ^.^

Ava Solborne

A
Welcome, young soul! I am sure you can easily RP in the Star Wars universe. :D Don't worry, we're all friendly over here.

Equa Dominator said:
Welcome, young soul! I am sure you can easily RP in the Star Wars universe. :D Don't worry, we're all friendly over here.
Can you help me, i read the rules and character creation and stuff but i don't really understand what my limits are, how do i go about doing things like Force sensitive?

Ava Solborne

A
Well, sure. I can help you. I didn't really understand your question (sorry, it's my bad English :D), but did you ask about the Force limitations? If you did, then you should remember, that you can only start from the apprentice/padawan rank (if you're not transferring) and they can't use very powerful Force skills.

Ruye Etarn

R
Well for force sensitives, you start at the bottom (Apprentice, Padawan, ect...) and work your way up. That can be done currently by getting a Master to train you to Knight level. Beyond that I'm not sure how Knight to Master advancement takes place. As far as limits, as far as you can stretch yourself. You can have any number of characters to you liking as long as you keep up with them (stay active). Pretty much were easy going. We don't even have an approval process for characters!

Equa Dominator said:
Well, sure. I can help you. I didn't really understand your question (sorry, it's my bad English :D), but did you ask about the Force limitations? If you did, then you should remember, that you can only start from the apprentice/padawan rank (if you're not transferring) and they can't use very powerful Force skills.
That's fine do i have to join a faction prior or?

Ava Solborne

A
No, you don't. But it's recommended to choose a faction. That makes your life more... Easy. I mean, you've got a lot of friends, who can always help you.

Ruye Etarn

R
Hop right in, nothing stopping you. Go join any public thread or start your own. I would suggest going in the Roleplay section and find a good group of people willing to Role play with you. :D

First, I would like to welcome you to the boards Paddy. We sith look forward to playing with you soon.

Second, Your post is from your writer account (which for purposes of the boards is considered normally OOC). For your creation to post in character it is suggested you make a character sub account with the name of your character. Everything you post from that is considered IC. For example: Daxton Bane is my character account. Everything I post is taken from Daxton's perspective.

Third, Force Limitations. You can do any force power listed in the wookiepedia, which is considered Canon. The difference being in degree of success. If two force users of the same rank use the force, then it affects them equally. If a force user of a lower rank tries to use the force on a higher ranked, it has less success. Similarly a higher ranked force user can use the force with greater effect and efficiency against a lower ranked user. We usually use common sense and a little imagination to determine force limits.

Fourth, Rank. All new character start off at the lowest rank (Padawan/Sith). Rank progression is usually determined by the quality and quantity of your posts. The more you breath life into the universe the larger the chance you have of progressing. Note, you will still need a master to complete the rank promotion but that is rather easy part.

Fifth, Faction. You do not need a faction to play. Think of a faction like a guild, it pulls like minded folk together to accomplish bigger goals, but you don't need one and can freelance about the galaxy. The biggest factor in factions is when it comes to war, since coordination and joint strikes are essential in winning.

I do look forward to seeing you on the boards soon. Cheers.

Daxton Bane said:
First, I would like to welcome you to the boards Paddy. We sith look forward to playing with you soon.

Second, Your post is from your writer account (which for purposes of the boards is considered normally OOC). For your creation to post in character it is suggested you make a character sub account with the name of your character. Everything you post from that is considered IC. For example: Daxton Bane is my character account. Everything I post is taken from Daxton's perspective.

Third, Force Limitations. You can do any force power listed in the wookiepedia, which is considered Canon. The difference being in degree of success. If two force users of the same rank use the force, then it affects them equally. If a force user of a lower rank tries to use the force on a higher ranked, it has less success. Similarly a higher ranked force user can use the force with greater effect and efficiency against a lower ranked user. We usually use common sense and a little imagination to determine force limits.

Fourth, Rank. All new character start off at the lowest rank (Padawan/Sith). Rank progression is usually determined by the quality and quantity of your posts. The more you breath life into the universe the larger the chance you have of progressing. Note, you will still need a master to complete the rank promotion but that is rather easy part.

Fifth, Faction. You do not need a faction to play. Think of a faction like a guild, it pulls like minded folk together to accomplish bigger goals, but you don't need one and can freelance about the galaxy. The biggest factor in factions is when it comes to war, since coordination and joint strikes are essential in winning.

THANKS! I just made this account, i already made a forum post i hope people come RP with me Soon ^.^

Daxton Bane said:

What about lightsaber forms, i am 100% aware of what forms i want to be, how does that work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom