Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

(New Species Idea) The Palashintu/Forgeborn

The Palashintu or the Forgeborn
Palashintu.jpg
The Mahashutu Avatar leading the Palashintu Hive Swarm into battle
Preface:
This was a race idea had for a long-time. It was always a half-bake “this would be cool” kinda thing. But seeing my inspiration for it has arisen once more and that race construction as a mechanic on this site has developed a bit, I feel confident now to share the idea with you guys. I always wanted to create a race that was born from the most horrifying and creepy things I can conjure from my cluster of inspirations. A race that was the stuff of nightmares and would terrorise the galaxy but not in the way say the Sith do through power and cruelty or say the Vong through strange bio-monstrosities. But, rather race that through shear alien familiarity and horrific appearance (and some Lovecraftian aesthetics for good measure) are just downright creepy. I hope you find them as interesting and morbidly fascinating as I did making them up.

I’d like to say I think they’d be a nice addition to the more menacing and mysterious type of races that the site could utilize. Still some working to be done and would love any feedback or brainstorming ideas. Also as a side note, the worlds Golgoroth and Nimon II are fictional and I will lore craft them if needed.

Introduction
Ta̷͢͜l̢͜s̨u͞͠h̡ ̸́͟k̸͘i̸͟ ̛҉P͠ą̢̕l̀á̸͠s̶h̶̛g҉a҉
̷́T̸al̷us̷̶̛h̨̨́ ̷͠͞k̵̴i̡͏͜ ̶̀͘P̡a͟͏l͝a͏ş̛́h̷įn͜͠t̵͡u

Translated: “Feed the Forge Mother, Feed the Swarm”
–A passage form an unknown Palashintu relic​
Who are the Palashintu? Not many are left alive to tell you. Perhaps an adventurous ancient galactic explorer form the early days of the galaxy or an equally ancient Sith Lord who came across one of their hive fleets long ago could tell you a few cryptic lines. That is if their own records still exist. People seem to think everything that’s worth discovering has been explored in this galaxy – but there are some terrors that deserve to remain asleep, deserve to remain…undiscovered.

Lifeform and Appearance
The Palashintu, or in Galactic Basic Standard “The Forgeborn” are a supremely ancient race from the dawn of civilizations in our galactic history. They appear as twisted grotesque mechanical horrors that communicate to one another through intrusive telepathic visions, and if you are unfortunate enough to intercept such mental-dialogue your brain would process it into loud painful banshee like shrieks of piercing pain. And when they do audibly speak it’s in an incompressible language of incoherent electromagnetic static and shrill gargle of syllables. When speaking to other races they simply manipulate the vocal-modulators in their cybernetic throats to mimic whatever language you are speaking.

99120106034_Sporocyst02.jpg
A example of a True Palashintu without its Sleeve Armor

For the Palashintu live and die in their metallic cybernetic monstrosity of a body they call a “Sleeve”. They are genderless horrifying metal suits of forge created cybernetic organs, muscles, embedded weapons, neuro-transmitter machines and other products of warped engineering. However, they are not entirely robotic, no, a real Palashintu is no smaller than a Ewok and less fleshy. A real Palashintu is nothing but a spinal column, a nervous system and a flat disc like brain with several tendril like protrusions. They are breed, nurtured and grown inside enormous Exo-Biowombs that are built into their hive fleets. Then when they reach a level of advanced sentience they are installed into their sleeves.

TherianOverseer.jpeg
A Palashintu Warrior Priest

A Palashintu, when born, can be programmed to fulfill a number of tasks. There are super sentient Palashintu, highly intelligent and a supreme power over telekentic powers and telepathy. While there are simple Drones, heavily muscled Palshintu with basic semi-sentience used for the most menial of labor tasks. There are some Palashintu that are embedded into their ships and act as the computer, navigation system and brain. Others are given the gift of ancient engineering lore and are tasked with creating the war and civil machines, and therefore their bodies are given several extra limbs to do many tasks at once. Whatever the Forge Mother commands, you shall become.

The Palashintu are Force-Sensitive creatures. They can use the force to sense, communicate, study and telepathically attack. But due to their real flesh forms being so weak are in able to do any more than that. And only some of the Palashintu are born with the ability to process the force and use it. The Warrior Priests and Engineers are granted the power at birth with the body to process the force for the purposes of building and construction; and in the case of the Warrior Priests defending the hive.

8UwcPgO.png
A Palashintu Swarm Lord

Brief Cultural Introduction
The Palshintu worship one being and one being alone – the Forge Mother. The Forge Mother however is no mythical being or metaphorical god. The Forge Mother is quite literally a sentient forge the size of a world and within it lies the very programs, fleshy membrane and soul that creates and reproduces the Palashintu. It is unknown who or what created it or if it just came into existence, but what is known is the Forge Mother herself came to this galaxy from the remnants of a celestial catastrophe. It was last seen hiding in a dead nebula concealed by the nebulas force devouring storms and ion cyclones.

However, to propagate her children she made copies of herself. Smaller less omnipowerful forge chambers that would help spread the breeding of the Palashintu. These chambers would blast of into the galaxy and when they landed on a technologically advanced world begin to devour and assimilate the world’s technologies to cyber-terraform it into the perfect nest for the Palashintu eggs. For if anything the Palashintu care not for galactic domination or glory, but simply to breed, produce and feed the Forge Mother to create even more ghastly monstrosities.

webarmeeth21%255B1%255D.png
A Palashintu Attack Drone

The closest the Palashintu get to an organized religion is the Mahashutu, “The Sacred Avatar”. The Avatar is a being that is given temporarily the ability to synchronize with the Forge Mother so that the Mother can guide her children and administrate to their growth. The Avatar is in a way the High Priestess and Arbiter of the Palashintu hive she controls. Along with the Mahashutu is her personal cohort of Priest Lords and Priest Warriors. Below them are the Swarm Chiefs and Swarm Lords. They culture and society of the Palashintu operates in a hierarchical almost insect like nest mentality. But they are not mindless devourers, no, they have a very complex and devout understanding of technology and lore. In fact they crave electronic knowledge. Holocron, holorecords, datapads anything with stored data and knowledge is absorbed by the Palashintu and the stored within a great Hive Library within the Forge Mother through telepathic connection.

Brief History (WIP)
The Palashintu first come into recorded galactic history, when one of their Hive Fleets (one which the ancient galactic records call Hive Fleet Golgoroth) comes into contact with the modestly humanoid colonized world of Golgoroth. The Hive Fleet finds the world suitably technologically advanced and deploys its Forge Chambers to begin the horrific cyber-terraforming. Many are slaughtered and much of the world is assimilate and processed into the great Forge Eaters (giant citadels designed to eat technology and then spit out Palashintu tech). After Golgoroth was consumed, the Hive Fleet moved on to Nimon II.

1364525516-destiny-81.jpg

A Palashintu Hive Chamber cyber-terraforming on NIMON II

Nimon II was a planet of humanoid and ancient insectoid peoples run by a monarchy. However, this monarchy was also allied to the newly created Empress Teta Empire. When word came of the Palashintu’s assault, the high lords of Teta answered the call and began a war to destroy the Palashintu. But no matter how many they slayed the Palashintu could not be stopped. Nimon II itself was eventually cyber-terraformed into a horrific non-Euclidean city world (like Coruscant). Revealed to the galactic civilizations the Tetan Armies with the newly created Jedi Order began a counter. At this time the very first Sacred Avatar was created and this Avatar led the Palashintu Invasion that nearly penetrated into the heart of the galactic core. However, due to unrecorded reasons they were defeated. No one is really sure what occurred during the final confrontations in the galaxies outer rim. But what was for certain is the Palashintu abandoned Nimon II and Golgoroth, leaving to become centuries old wastelands and dead worlds. Returning to their Hive Fleets they vanished into the void of space and some sleep within their large necrotombs waiting for the Forge Mother to reawaken them.

[member="Darth Hauntruss"]

Pretty scary stuff. I'd hate to be on the opposing side in a battle with them.

But they kind of remind me of Technobeasts. While not minddead like the Technobeasts were, there is lore to support this idea. Maybe a similar process that made Technobeasts made this Forge Mother?

Spit ballin ideas. I love this idea and I hope to see it become real (I mean, who wouldn't want these things around?)

[member="Darth Ferus"]
Ah yes the Mecha Beasts. They are more of a product of Sith Mecha-Duru. I get what you mean, but the Forge Mother is a kind of Lovecraftian god. In a way she was always around. In the post I mention she is created by some strange celestial catastrophe I was thinking it to be some severe rift in the force or something equally horrific.

But for practical RP and IC purposes it doesn't really matter where or how she came into existence.

[member="Zenva Vrotoa"]
Lol, thanks for the enthusiasm! I hope to plan to make it at least a minor faction once I get all the lore stuff done. SO there is hope yet.

Very interesting. I like the idea, though my gut reaction is this all sounds a bit OP for the forum. Not sure if it really screams Star Wars either, but considering all the cross-over races and tech we already have, it's probably not stretching our creative limitations too much further.

Might be something you could tie into OMNI, could be worth a quick chat with [member="Soliael"] to see what he thinks.

Tyranus

The Darkness feeds me
Love this idea, I had the same idea-ish. It would be like the Vong but much different, I won't go into detail with it since I came up with it a year ago and am still thinking about it but let's just say, a new threat. If their was a event thread for this, that would be awesome!

Possible Faction Mechanics and Additional Ideas

Lore Introduction
Hive Fleet Necrodune and Yigshagoth
The term Hive Fleet is a misleading one. It was a term coined by ancient galactic explorers upon their contact with the very first Hive Fleet –Hive Fleet Golgoroth. However, the Fleet isn’t really a Fleet as we would describe. A Fleet implies there is a series of dedicated ships with various purposes- like Stardestroyers, Cruisers, Destroyers etc. However Palashintu have no grand ships of the line like the One Sith, Republic or Mandalorians.

For the Palashintu, quantity and vast numbers of small but versatile ships is more appealing than having large battleships and numerous cruisers. The starcraft that makes up a Palashintu Hive Fleet is split into the small and multipurpose Nest Cruisers (or in Palashintu- Talushgrar) and the much larger Hive Core Ships (in Palashintu- Baalgul). Most of their ships are simple, mass-producible and easily repaired. The only ship that could reach greater lengths and is unique is the Mother Temple, a large structure designed to hold the Mahashutu Avatar along with other sacred relics of the Forge Mother. Also it is designed to hold the Hive Chambers which are used to Cyber-Terraform worlds and lay Palashintu eggs on the world’s surface. In this way the Hive Fleet are more floating cities, than an actually naval designed fleet.

charybdis_titan_by_ignusdei-d4gi2ut.jpg
A Palashintu Nest Cruiser (Talushgrar)
Length (end-to-end): 400m
Width (tip-to-tip): 600m

cyhyraeth_battleship_by_ignusdei-d4gi2mt.jpg
A Palashintu Hive Core Ship (Baalgul)
Length (end-to-end): 900m
Width (tip-to-tip): 300m

soase__eidolo_advent_titan_by_ignusdei-d5iizwg.jpg

A Palashintu Mother Temple Command Ship

After The Great Return (which will be the main RP thread if the species gets approved) which heralds the re-activation of the Palashintu Hive Fleets- two fleets at separate ends of the galaxy hibernating in forgotten corners of the outer bands of the galaxy. One of these Fleets is known as Hive Fleet Necrodune and is led by the Mahashutu Necrodune. While the other known as Hive Fleet Yigshagoth is led by the Mahashutu Yigshagoth. Upon their re-activation they begin to restart the mission that hand once been tasked with – devour and breed. To find suitably advanced worlds and take what they can. However, after centuries of hibernation their numbers are small, but the more they assimilate and technology they devour the more the resources to produce more and more.

[Don't be too afraid of the Lore Fluff, there is a OOC Mechanical reason with the Hive Fleets, I'll get to it in the section below]

Possible Faction Mechanics and Organization
As a faction whether Minor or Major the Palashintu would actually function rather differently (which is my greatest worry with this idea). Factions on this site are geared to the concept of building a nation-state of sometime and to hold dominion over some portion of the map in a cohesive hegemonic rule. In other words build up the biggest connected blob of color on the map. For the Palashintu this model of a faction does not apply due to the reason that quite simply the Palashintu have no interest in nation-state or empire building. They don't care for having a unified cohesive blob to lord over. What they care and fight for is access to advanced tech and fertile worlds to om nom and cyber-terrafrom. Another thing is that they are not bound to a "homeworld" or "capital", their culture puts no symbolic attachment to such things. Instead the Hive Fleets with their Mother ships are their "homeworlds".

So as a faction, the Palshintu wouldn't have a single collection of close neighbouring worlds, but several scattered and isolated worlds they have conquered as bases for breeding and cyber-terraforming. So what this translates to is a faction that dominions worlds here and there and only one or so - depending where the Hive Fleets are on the map. In an illustrated sense on the map one would see some worlds colored whatever marker we get in pocks-a-dot fashion. Another thing is the Hive Fleets would never collect together in some grand armada and take over the galaxy. They have no concept of nationalism or unified agenda. They merely do their task in their section of galaxy where ever that may be. As a Minor Faction, OOCly the mechanic would be we would dev thread certain worlds being Palashintu-fied. Which is alright as a minor faction, but if this ever went major faction there is an issue as I think this style is incompatible to the rules the admins have created. Something perhaps I need to flesh out later on.

So there you have it. All my ideas for this Species.

How it looks, what its like, how it would function as a faction and interesting fluff.

Now the question is where to start in terms of making this canon.

What say the Codex/Site Admins?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"] [member="Reverance"] [member="Ilias Nytrau"] [member="Anja Aj'Rou"] [member="Coryth Elaris"] [member="Hal Terrano"] [member="Kobe Seren"] [member="Tefka"]

Fabula Caromed said:
Phyrexian Necrons? In my Star Wars? You better freakin' believe it, buddy. If I don't get to punch a techno-zombie, I will be very disappointed in you! D:<
I thought the exact same thing.

However, though I don’t want to be a downer, I cannot see this species, as conceived here, being passed. There is way too much here open to abuse.

As an NPC enemy for a campaign or series of RPs though, I can really seeing this being a good challenge.

Valiens Nantaris said:
However, though I don’t want to be a downer, I cannot see this species, as conceived here, being passed. There is way too much here open to abuse.

Please don't tag me for Codex submissions/ideas.

[member="Tefka"]
Mah Bad. :eek:

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
Heh, I figured as much. Just wanted to get some stuff down as a post.

What would your alterations be btw? Or what would see as the source of the potential abuse (but I think I know what you are pin-pointing)?

Ideas to help approval
-Given the extremely small amount of genetic material the race should likely be stated as having NO connection to the force.
EDIT: given the suggested power of the race, what benefits could be gained through force powers? Force Speed: ok modified sleeve to have superior land speed. Force Strength: yeah only they are basically giant mechs. Force Sense: ok modified sleeve to have lots of optic sensors.
-Remove telepathic ability. The ability to communicate through encrypted comm channels via a built-in comm chip would have a similar enough effect.
EDIT: considering the nature of their verbal language, encryption isn't even necessary. Let people listen in. Lol
-Reconsideration of telekinesis. While cool, should likely be removed. Perhaps some form of gravity manipulating technology might be considered.

------------------------------------------------

As I stated above, I really like the idea and would like to be involved. These are just suggestions. Hope I haven't offended you.

Zenva Vrotoa said:
Ideas to help approval -Given the extremely small amount of genetic material the race should likely be stated as having NO connection to the force. EDIT: given the suggested power of the race, what benefits could be gained through force powers? Force Speed: ok modified sleeve to have superior land speed. Force Strength: yeah only they are basically giant mechs. Force Sense: ok modified sleeve to have lots of optic sensors. -Remove telepathic ability. The ability to communicate through encrypted comm channels via a built-in comm chip would have a similar enough effect. EDIT: considering the nature of their verbal language, encryption isn't even necessary. Let people listen in. Lol -Reconsideration of telekinesis. While cool, should likely be removed. Perhaps some form of gravity manipulating technology might be considered.
If this were to become fully technological it would be moved to the Factory, and I can assure you that gravity manipulating technology on a personal basis is not likely to be a thing. Super speed and strength will not help this get approved in the least, either, nor will being force dead.

[member="Silara"]

That's not what I said. Or at least not what I meant.

I will attempt to clarify.

My understanding of "force dead" is that you are not able to be sensed by the force and are effected far less by force abilities. Correct?

I said
"-Given the extremely small amount of genetic material the race should likely be stated as having NO connection to the force."

I meant they should NOT be able to manipulate the force. I see where "force dead" could be misconstrued there. I.E. any character sheet for this race should read "FORCE SENSITIVE: NO"

The super strength/ super speed things were more me saying "why bother with force powers. They are already basically super battle droids. Who cares about force powers?"

Strength is sort of a given since they are mechanical. You want speed, then design a "soldier" type that is somewhat like a large cat and bam! Runs on all fours, gets there quick fast and in a hurry... draw back no range weapons just blades and "teeth"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom