Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Race -WIP-

Serian Loria

In the shadows, at the fringe
OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: To create an interesting backstory for my character, to use in character progression and to explore the possibilities it poses for me story wise.

• Image Source: None
BASIC INFORMATION

• Name: Narcenii

• Designation: Sentient

• Homeworld: None, they are a fracture people who wander the galaxy

• Language: Galactic Basic Primarily

• Average Adult Height: seven feet to shorter, six feet for average male and five nine for women

• Skin Color: Anywhere from caucasian to dark.

• Hair Color: Blond, black, brown, red and variations in between.
STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES

• [+] Strong connection to the Force / Prone to falling prey to the Dark Path.

• [+] Affinity for creating / Easily bored and hungry minds, they get restless when forced to do little.

• [+] Strong of mind / Short physical limits that hinder physically demanding hobbies or occupations.

• Average Lifespan: Barring accident, murder, suicide and acts of nature, nine hundred

• Communication: Verbal

• Notable Player-Characters: @Serian Loria
RACIAL INFORMATION
Back in time out of memory this people were the same as humans, they were a science driven people who had a small sum of knowledge of the Force. They fiddled around with genes and the strange new limitless Power toying with a force they shouldn’t have. A catastrophic event warped a good portion of these scientists people making their offspring altered. These changed children found themselves with a stronger connection to the Force, but were prone towards falling to Darkness instead of Light. They were limited in their physical growth, but their mental growth wasn’t stunted. As a result those that say, chose to become swordsman, would never become masters or even all that great within the craft.

They could be killed in all sorts of fashions, for though they lived a long time their bodies still had plenty of weaknesses. The males have a distinct feature that sets them apart from the rest, jewel colored almost luminescent eyes. The females can easily pass as human, but for those who have studied old and seemingly dead races, the men stand out. They don’t have any abilities beyond the norm, save for their long life they have nothing else that sets them apart from a mostly human filled Galaxy.

This altered gene has a fifty fifty chance of passing to their children when the man or woman is not of the same race or even human. However among themselves and with humans the offspring are always Narcenii, these genes being stronger than the human ones and needing no competition among themselves.

HISTORY
When their altered state was discovered it was many years after their parents had died. They discovered that they simply did not age, watching all those they loved wither and die. They were scorned from their mother race, cast out and forced to wander. As the galaxy grew and other races with similar longevity were discovered, they were able to make more permanent homes. Though by this point they were so scattered that only family groups stayed together. They only had what little they’d carried from their original homes and mostly only that were stories. They adopted the cultures and languages of those around them, blending in and out in such a way that few would take note of them.

Longevity came with a cost however and it wasn’t all that unheard of for them to end their lives. Death came in other forms too, for while they lived long, they were still mortal frail. The same things that can kill a human can kill them too and did. For those whose powers awakened and they touched upon the force, many fell to the dark path or spent their entire lives fighting the temptation. Their lives and status varied, those with Power often tried to rule over others and met very bloody endings. For those that lived quietly, they lived long, but passed on little. Children were born as they often were, a portion never told who their mother or sire was. Even among their own kind they might never know they had passed another, especially if they didn’t know what they were.

Small communities existed, but they stay isolated and scorn outsiders. Their greatest mark in the galaxy is their fascination for making things, from architecture to music, led many to make great wonders. Crafting, drawing, painting, the act of creation was a gift and a passion. However they made sure not to leave anything blatant about the origins of the creator, lest they once again be chased from what little they made for themselves.

CULTURE
Due to the wanderings of their past and their forced acclimation of the host of peoples of the galaxy they don’t have much for themselves. What they do have is mostly piecemeal and old tales, but what they do have is a united hunger for making things. Their legacy was in their craft, from small knives to great monuments. On their own they are a subtle people, those that wander are private and reclusive. Those of great wealth are generous, yet enigmatic. Those who have found a community ignore the rest of the short lived races cleaving to their own and the hopes of happiness.

That's what I have so far, I'm sure I need more, I just dunno what else.

You're going to want to put info into the description areas. Guaranteed a Judge will ask you for it. Even though, much like the human race, their appearances can vary throughout different peoples, it's still good to put a range for these areas. Consider this your "Narcenii For Dummies" submission and make everything very clear and easy to picture and understand.

Also you will want to put an estimated lifespan up. "Uncountable" will not be acceptable, as it then leans towards people thinking that the race is immortal, which is not allowed.

I haven't read all if it, but those were the first two glaring things that jumped out at me.

[member="Serian Loria"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom