Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nek'Vyshtal Heirloom Sword

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nek'Vyshtal Heirloom Sword
Placeholder reference
c0p81yN.jpg
Note: The sword I'm modeling, while somewhat based on the above design, will not be an exact replica.

I'm fairly new here, and this is my first Factory post, so I hope I'm doing this right.

Intent: A birthright for Saevio, allowing for potential character progression and RP opportunities going forward.
Development Thread: N/A
Manufacturer: [NPC - Deceased] Hamakk Nek'Vyshtal
Model: "Narit'Slari"
Affiliation: Nek'Vyshtal Clan
Modularity: Yes, though given the archaic origins of the sword, as well as the level of craftsmanship that went into creating it, expert knowledge/skill would be required for any significant modifications.
Production: Unique
Material: Alchemically altered Obsidian and Duranium; Iridonian Reek horn and leather hide

Classification: Sword
Size: (Up to) Two-handed
Length: 1.24 m
Weight: 5.22 kg
Other Features:
  • Energy Resistant--able to withstand lightsabers and deflect blaster bolts.
Description:
For generations this ancestral sword, bearing indications and markings of both Sith and Zabrak craftsmanship, has been passed down from parent to child within the Nek'Vystal clan. Originally constructed at some time during the Brotherhood of Darkness' active presence on Iridonia by a Zabrak Sith and bladesmith named Hamakk Nek'vysthal, it was specifically designed and created for meeting Lord Hoth's Army of Light in battle, and has thus been alchemically hardened to successfully clash with lightsaber blades, and other such energy-based weapons. Great pride and care has been taken in both its construction and maintenance over the centuries, as it carries with it the most sacred history and traditions of the Nek'Vyshtal clan. Throughout its life, it has seen many battles and spilled its fair share of blood in the hands of Nek'Vyshtal warriors who have had the honor of wielding it. Thus, while it has been maintained with a high degree of care by a lineage with a rich bladesmithing heritage, it is not without signs of age and use. Since his father has recently fallen ill, and is expected to pass on in the near future, the sword, and the responsibility that comes with it, has now fallen into Saevio's possession, as tradition demands.

[member="Saevio"]
First, Image Credit. Please link me to the sight where you found this image.
Secondly, I cannot pass this:
  • Sith Holocron--built into the end of the grip as its pommel, belonging to the Zabrak Sith, Hamakk Nek'Vyshtal. The holocron is currently inactive and inaccessible, and will remain so until such a time as Saevio, or whoever is in possession of the sword, demonstrates an adequate command of the dark side of the Force.
Holocron are rare, and difficult things to make. I'd prefer this simply be dropped from the submission entirely, but otherwise, I'd like a sizable Dev thread done for it.
Also, I'm going to request a Dev thread for this anyways. Even though Sith Swords aren't restricted (yet), I'd like to see you put in the work for it. It could be done about the weapon' s history, or from the perspective of the NPC who made it.

[member="Strask Ak'lya"]

I amended the reference image citation with a link.

I suppose I'll drop the holocron from the concept and amputate it from the history and backstory since it seems to be a significant issue.

I'll need some time to figure out and get a relevant dev thread started and written up. Meanwhile, I'll try not to get cut in half :lol:

Valik

Professor of Alchemy
This submission is archived due to inactivity. If you wish to pull it out of the archives please PM an RPJ or Admin and they'll accommodate you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom