Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

n/a

i think an easy way to start the idea is to use a catalyst

for example, a group of you encounter the relic, something drastic happens, you all walk out alive (to your surprise) and then slowly... you notice things are different

then you can explore the concept and what it means for your characters. This allows you to establish a baseline as you write, instead of trying to make it all fit and work before you get much into it.

After you've got the vibe down the way you want, you can easily slip in that there are others /this is not a confined incident/ or perhaps you figure out what happened and willfully chose to subject new peeps to it-- etc!

There's many ways to spin it, creativity is great like that!

i think an easy way to start the idea is to use a catalyst

for example, a group of you encounter the relic, something drastic happens, you all walk out alive (to your surprise) and then slowly... you notice things are different

then you can explore the concept and what it means for your characters. This allows you to establish a baseline as you write, instead of trying to make it all fit and work before you get much into it.

After you've got the vibe down the way you want, you can easily slip in that there are others /this is not a confined incident/ or perhaps you figure out what happened and willfully chose to subject new peeps to it-- etc!

There's many ways to spin it, creativity is great like that!

That is a really good idea. Do you think I should submit an app for this relic if I go that rout? Would it be a lore submission? Or are we allowed to just wing that stuff without subs?

From my understanding subs are utterly optional. For instance you could go through an entire invasion and write all your tech without a single sub. They are just flavor and flair. I have no clue where you'd submit the relic, subs aren't my cup of tea.

John Locke John Locke is the admin for it, he could direct you better!

At any rate, I like your idea! I look forward to seeing where you go with it. :)

Last edited:

Katarine Ryiah

K
I am horrible with subs too so if that’s the case I might move forward without.

Darth Daiara Darth Daiara is correct, both codex and factory are entirely optional. You will never have to write up a submission if you don't want to for your roleplay. You could tell the story without ever creating a submission.

For example, if you're in a cantina engaged in a blaster fight, you are not obliged to submit the Cantina, nor your blaster pistol. You could just say:

"John pulled his trusty blaster from its holster, ducking down behind one of the heavy tables as the bartender squawked and dove for cover as stray blaster bolts shattered the bottles on the wall behind him."

Nothing about this roleplay requires a submission, same as you could tell your entire story without ever needing to sub the academy or the relic. However, if you do choose to quantify either item, then we do require a codex or factory submission. This is explained in this post made previously.

If you do wish to submit a relic, it would be in the Technology Creation forum, using the Basic Technology template.

Hopefully, that helps to explain how you can approach submissions and the use of the codex and factory to enhance roleplay,

Academies and schools are one of the cornerstones of Star Wars and it's always fun to see more people telling more of these stories. As you work on fleshing out this idea, please remember we don't allow cross-over RP, so it's important to differentiate this idea from the X-men, telling it in a way that really makes it your own.

While you already have a good idea, thought I might throw my own hat in the ring.

you could do it as a genetic mutation. We have evidence of the Force being passed through dna (in both Luke and Leia being force sensitive) and like all genetics it’s prone to mutations. Such as people with a sixth finger, or a better example of someone with ADHD. With ADHD, a person is better at somethings that normal people would be average at and worse at other things (such as focus and time blindness) that other people would again be average at.

Could just be a character trait. Maybe mention it in the bio (likely the backstory) and add the strengths and weaknesses of it to Strengths and Weaknesses.

Also, if you do it this way, the artifact could cause the mutation, allowing for a mix of both and giving an easier explanation of how there’s more than a small handful (as the chance of a large number of force sensitives interacting with the same artifact is pretty low unless it’s a cult or something and they have to for initiation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom