Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nanobot project

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured that it'd be best to start a separate thread to discuss the nanobot project proposed by [member="Vigil-01"] rather than to clutter up the other thread. I figure that we can throw around ideas, and If we develop a firm concept, we can use this thread to plan an in-character development thread as well.

Vigil-01 said:
Could design nanobots programmed to target Vong beasts, weaponry, etc. From memory, it was used against Boba Fett to prevent him from accessing Mandalore lest he was eaten to shreds by the billions of nanobots in the atmosphere. It's an effective solution. Any Vong beast would get torn apart if they tried bringing them out.

From a canon technology standpoint, this is clearly a viable option that has the secondary benefit of clashing with the classic Vong distaste for "heretical" technology. There are Nano-destroyers, nanoviruses, Nanogene, Nano-droids, and the slightly different Nanogene droids.

There are two issues that I think we need to consider when making this type of technology.

1. Deployment: How should the bots be released on the battlefield? Should they be released as some sort of airborne agent, like in a gas cloud? Put in the water supply? Or perhaps even physically injected by some sort of traquilizer gun or the like?

2. Balance: For this to pass the factory (and to ensure that it isn't overpowered), this technology will have to have some sort of drawback to it. Some ideas that I've thought of include making it expensive (thereby limiting how much of it is deployed), a reasonable way to treat Vong infected with it (thereby not making it an instant death), or by making its effects not so much lethal as they are dehabilitating (like making Vong armor no longer resistant to lightsabers, but not killing it). Any other ideas?

If I was to go about this route, and I was seriously considering designing something like this for enemy engagements, I'd probably go this route:

1) Nanovirus that can be released into the atmosphere of a planet or released as a sort of gas attack. The beauty of this would be the nanovirus would stick to surfaces so you don't need the cloud to hit a Vong, you just need them to come into contact with it.

2) I would target the individual components that make up a Vong warrior, such as their weapons and armor, instead of the actual warrior. If we go the whole target the actual Vong species, we start leaning towards genocide and Alpha Red, not something the Jedi would condone. An example of something I would make is have a component of the nanovirus target the power glands in an amphistaff or vonduun crab so they suddenly lose the ability to deal with a lightsaber or become rigid in the case of the amphistaff for instance. Make a rakamat unable to breathe fire or target a dovin basals ability to create singularities, stuff like that would give us an advantage in a battle

3) Weaknesses would be you need the genetic marker for the specific thing you are targeting and a new virus needs to be developed to target a new thing, is expensive to produce. Strengths are it is almost guaranteed to infect any Vong creation eventually, it would only be a matter of time since the nanovirus only needs sunlight to remain active and spread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom