Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Níl Sé'n Lá

Seated upon a rock smoothed over from years of having a river rush over it, a petite youth with a mane of fire plucked at the strings of a violin. Eyes of sapphire gazed into the brook slipping past her feet, the light of the moon above dancing upon the water the pebbles just beneath its surface. Hidden in the woods surrounding her was a sleepy town steeped in tradition. The town was rather quaint and was a pleasant escape from the recent trials she had faced.

As she plucked the strings of her violin she found herself fighting the urge to sing. She was not the musician her mother was; she didn't manipulate the Force to aid her when singing or playing her violin. In truth she was still learning to sing and play the violin; she had only just taken up the instrument and she wasn't so good at multitasking yet. Humming softly to herself she began to play her violin, once more trying her hand at playing the fiddle while singing.

"Chuaigh Mé Isteach I Dteach Aréir
Is D'iarr Mé Cairde Ar Mhnaoi An Leanna
Is É Dúirt Sí Liom "Ní Bhfaighidh Tú Deor
Buail An Bóthar Is Gabh Abhaile"
I Came By A House Last Night
And Told The Woman "I Am Staying"
I Said To Her "The Moon Is Bright
And My Fiddles Tuned For Playing""
Part way through the song she stopped, frowning. She felt as though she had slipped up somewhere. Going back over the notes again she started over.
@[member="Vulpesen"]

Veino almost staggered slightly, feeling someone in the Force. Someone strong. Powerful beyond anyone he'd met before. Probably a Jedi master. The thought sent unease crawling down his neck. Best be careful then. He walked a few more meters through the woods and paused. Music. Very good music. He listened, conflicted, before changing directions to head towards it, catching the dancing of a brook beneath it. He made a note of the location. This would be a calming meditation spot at some point, although the Force user was nearby. He suddenly realized he was close to the musician now, and stopped, not wanting to intrude. He slipped his hat off, absentminded lay running his hands along the edge, almost caught in a trance. He had not heard music for a long time.

Moff Iridius

M
Jedi. Warriors and guardians of the light and all things good in this galaxy. Their clarity and peace of mind giving them the will and know how to make a choice in battle even when the world turns on top of them. Most Jedi can maintain themselves and do the right thing in battle. It was truly an honor to study them from afar and see what exactly they were like when at home. What made them do clear in the head, what drove them to be so calm and ready no matter what the galaxy threw at them. "It is a beautiful song." Marie said to herself as she watched from a screen miles away in an abandoned hut. All around the Jedi were small stealth drones watching and recording everything they did. They meant the Jedi no harm, only the privlage to be able to take notes on them is what was wanted

Vulpesen stretched as he walked through the woods with a few small creatures at his feet. "I'm a jedi Knight, and yet I still can't control this." He grumbled, referring to his entourage. This sort of thing tended to happen if he walked through an area filled with small animals. "Well, at least they're not trying to kill me." As he continued walking, he found his musings pleasantly interrupted by a cheerful tune.

Amar had many such songs as this one, and the current song had bee one of his favorites to dance to when his master took him to such activities as a means of solidifying business relations. Moving quickly through the trees, Vulpesen found himself looking at @[member="Anwen Talith"] and admiring her work with the instrument. Once she found her tune again, Vulpesen found himself happy to join in.

"Tell me that the night is long
Tell me that the moon is glowing
Fill my glass I'll sing a song
And will start the music flowing"

Keeping the song light, he leaned against the trunk of a tree, standing on one of it's middle height branches. He doubted this girl was much of a danger, and thus he kept his sabers hidden within his robes. After all, drawing a weapon (even an unlit one) at a time like this was rude, and a very bad first impression.

Belek passed through tranquil forests, cascading streams and the quiet, ever interacting wildlife as he made his way to town. This was a peaceful world, one untouched by the many fouls and corruptions of most worlds Belek had been to. And he was going to change all of that. It wasn't like it was his choice really, Belek was equipped with a rather restrictive collar that was bound to blow if he didn't do as he was told, but that didn't mean he didn't regret what he was doing.

Some might say introducing a spice trade wasn't the worst of things but Belek knew it was a seed. Spice trades today caused addictions tomorrow. Addictions tomorrow caused desperate people, and desperate people formed gangs, killed enemies, fought friends, beat wives and from there things could only grow worse. With a vested interest by his masters this place could become another Nar Shadda in just a couple centuries, minus the ecumenopolis of course.

As a Zeltron his pink skin and blue dreads caught more than a few passing glances, but Belek paid them no mind. He was per-occupied with keeping his large jacket in place, not allowing anyone to see his collar, so as not to raise suspicions. Even as he kept his mind on this task he couldn't help but feel the emotions of those around him, happy, content, joyful, peaceful, still. All wonderful things that could be ruined by his deeds.

His mood began to improve ever slightly however, as he heard the tune of a violin and the voice of a young woman nearby. Despite the folkish tune and the great voice his mind and Zeltron senses felt distraught as he neared the young red-haired lady, and then the playing stopped and he heard little but the shuffling of pages. Considering for a moment just leaving the woman and continuing to the dropsite he instead walked over to the mistress, and laid a ten-credit coin at the woman's side. It wasn't his coin, as he had no coin, but he'd pick-pocket someone on the way back to make up for it.

"You're a lot better than you think. Thanks for brightening the day a bit." He said to @[member="Anwen Talith"]. It might have been a bit foolish, as the Zeltron didn't know why she was distraught, only that she was, so she might not have been disappointed in her playing, but it was his best guess, and he likely wouldn't see her again anyways. His master never sent him to the same place twice. Too much chance for someone to discover who he was, what he was, and conspire to give him a chance at freedom.

Still seated upon the stone she looked up as a voice joined her own, a man's voice. She felt other Force users all around her and her aura swelled in a sort of greeting as subconsciously she recognized those upon a similar path to her own. Smiling she continued to play, singing along with the man as she absently searched for him among the trees. She stood as her tune drew to an end, turning to scan the area as her aura swept out from her petite form. She touched two others like herself, both hidden in the trees. With ease she found the first, her bright orbs remaining upon him for only a moment (@[member="Veino Garn "]) before she moved on to the next. The next was a bit harder to find, but finally she found him (@Vulpesen) up in the trees and she grinned.

Her song ended just as another man appeared, placing a cred chip at her feet. Surprised by the man's action she blushed softly, "thanks...I'm...glad I could." She smiled softly and bent down after a moment, picking up the cred chip to slip into her pocket. The man (@Belek) didn't need to give her such a thing as she wasn't playing for donations, but she accepted his gift. Licking her lips her eyes turned to the other men about her little slice of paradise before she focused upon the Zeltron before her once more.

"I'm still learning..."

Veino paused, rather surprised at the power of the Light side that washed towards him and the music ended. He closed his eyes, and sent a rather shaky one of his own in return. Or tried to. He wasn't sure how well he succeeded. He stepped out of the trees, hesitatingly, and gave a slight bow, cleary surprised at being in the presence of one so powerful. He wasn't entirely sure of conduct in this situation, but he decided to wing it, and caught the last thread of conversation. "You're the best student musician I've ever heard then."
@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Vulpesen \took a few steps and jumped down from a branch landing lightly in front of @[member="Anwen Talith"]. "There's always room for improvement, but for you, that room seems to be quite small." He smiled and sat down on a rock in front of the musician. The tune had truly been enjoyable and the power of it was only increased by the sense of light Vulpesen could feel radiating off of this girl.

While he had hidden within the branches he had at first doubted that anyone could find him so easily, but now that he really thought of it, the girl had likely used the force to sense him out. After all, the robes of a shadow were made to help one blend in with their surroundings to avoid detection. "Well, since you've found me through my hiding space, its only right that I introduce myself. I am Vulpesen Espadus Torrevaso, Shadow of Amar and knight of the Republic." Oh how he loved that title. He remembered how he had told his master he would have it. The Shadow of Amar, a phrase he would find himself finding more often as his days went on. Of course, his was not the only identity to be focused on. "And who exactly have I shared this song with?"

Anwen smiled softly at @Veino Garn's praise and simply bowed her head in thanks. Turning her bright gaze to @[member="Vulpesen"] her smile grew and she laughed softly, wondering if perhaps her prowess with the art of music was due in a large part because of her mother's unique connection with it. Shifting her weight from foot to foo she retook her seat upon the smooth stone, with her violin in her lap and bowed her head again in greeting.

"Anwen Talith, Princess of Byss."

She smiled and brushed a few wayward strands of hair from her face.

"A pleasure to meet you Ms. Talith." He smiled jovially and leaned back against another rock. Casting a glance around, hie eyes paused over every other person. "These friends of yours?" He laughed inwardly. Those words tended to be a challenge, and a protective tone, but coming from him, they could be taken at face value. Easy, kind, and enthusiastic. It was strange that though he might be a shadow, he was still an obvious extrovert.

@[member="Anwen Talith"] @[member="Belek"] @[member="Veino Garn "]

Arrenvar

Wookiee Warrior
Arrenvar gazed into the clearing immediately spotting his target, @[member="Vulpesen"]. So he had really came here after all, he had been tracking this man for a couple days, until finding him here. This man had quite the bounty on his head and Arrenvar was here to collect. He rechecked his weapons, he had brought his bowcaster, a standard blaster pistol, dual ryyk blades, stun cuffs, and an array of explosives. He was not going to come unprepared, he scanned the clearing. There were four people in total, the remaining three didn't impress Arrenvar in the least.

The city was only a short ways off, so it wouldn't be too hard getting the prisoner back to the ship. The man would be captured, alive, what happened to the rest did not matter, they were expendable. Leveling his bowcaster, he took his time, then fired three shots into the clearing, aimed at Vulpesen's legs. His brown coat gave him excellent camouflage, he quickly started moving towards the other side of the clearing, hoping to avoid being seen. The hunt had begun.

[OOC: Didn't want to post too soon, but I don't see many more options due to the circumstances.]

Vulpesen's danger sense would kick in as @[member="Arrenvar"] fired his shots. A normal person would have likely taken the hits and fallen down, but Vulpesen had the force and jedi reflexes to aid him as he quickly rived to the side, rolling away from the three new scorch marks in the rock he had been sitting on. "What the hell?" As he regained his footing, Vulpesen focused his senses, listening to the rustle of the grass. Wookies were nimble to be sure, but stealthy wasn't exactly a word that came to mind when one thought of the eight foot creatures. He couldn't see his attacker, but the footsteps were easy enough to hear. "Shooting at people is very bad for first impressions!" He shouted into the woods. Of course, he also knew that randomly being shot at wasn't very good either, something he hoped @[member="Anwen Talith"] wouldn't focus on too much.

"Ms. Talith, please know that this doesn't happen very often." He had been shot at for sure, but he'd never been a target outside of a battle field. Reaching into his robes, Vulpesen placed his hand comfortingly on the hilt of his saber staff. Whoever was shooting at him would find a nasty surprise should he decide to press his pursuit. Vulpesen had gained the rank of knight in a matter of weeks, and there was definitely a reason for such a fast promotion. Already, he was calling the force to surround him, strengthening his power and focus as he took shelter in its warm embrace.

@[member="Veino Garn "]@Dr.Marie Krasnican @[member="Belek"]

Arrenvar

Wookiee Warrior
Arrenvar scowled in response, then hurtled three metallic objects into the clearing at @[member="Vulpesen"], flash-bang grenades. He crouched down waiting for the explosion. They were meant to stun, not kill. As soon as he heard them go off, drawing his blade, he stepped out from tue canopy of the trees, into the clearing. His towering figure stood, glaring across at Vulpesen through his visor, pistol in one hand, sword in the other.

"Grrraoww waa rowh rohngr!" He growled at Vulpesen. To someone who knew Shyriiwook, it would be something along the lines of: Surrender, Jedi Knight! To them, it probably meant nothing.

Vulpesen's focused mind quickly caught the flash-bangs, giving him time to leap up and force push the grenades back into the brush. The sound was deafening, but muffled by the brush, something that also blocked the blinding lights. As his jump brought him to his peak, Vulpesen grabbed onto a tree branch, swinging up to his feet.

While other people might have found shyriiwook difficult to understand, Vulpesen's mercantile upbringings made it easy for him to understand most languages. "Not likely. There are innocent people here. Leave now before I have to hurt you." He didn't want this to fall into violence, but he doubted this wookie could beat a trained jedi knight. Of course, that didn't make him careless. His eyes scanned the brush, searching for any hint of his opponent's location.

@[member="Arrenvar"] @[member="Anwen Talith"] @[member="Belek"] @Dr.Marie Krasnican @Veino Garn

Arrenvar

Wookiee Warrior
Arrenvar was unable to hear for a few seconds, but his vizor protected him from the flash of light. Pulling out his slugthrower, he prepared for plan B, a combination of slugs and explosives. Instead of fighting Vulpesen outright, he focused on the others. He threw the next grenade at them, he would force Vulpesen to fight on his turf. Arrenvar waited for his reaction, knowing he wouldn't let these so called "innocents" die.

@[member="Vulpesen"]

Vulpesen's hand flew up, using the force to hurl the grenade back towards his opponent. If this bounty hunter really wanted Vulpesen to be captured, he would have to try harder than that. He would also have to move faster as he follow the weapon with a jump, aiming to land near the wookie and let the force do the rest of the tracking.
@Arrenvar @Anwen Talith @Belek @Dr.Marie Krasnican @Veino Garn

Anwen never got the chance to respond to Vulpesen as the tranquility around them was shattered. In an instant her violin was forgotten as green flames erupted from her very skin. The flames encased her hands and traveled up her forearms, stopping just shy of her elbows. She actually hadn't called her flames forth this time, but she was happy to know that her flames would still spring up when her body knew better than her head that she was in danger.

Brilliant sapphire orbs scanned the foliage for Vulpesen's attacker, her aura flaring as she waited to see if she could be of any help. Unlike Vulpesen, Anwen was not bound to any rules or codes. She was not against taking out Vulpesen's attacker if given the chance.

@[member="Vulpesen"] @[member="Arrenvar"]

Arrenvar

Wookiee Warrior
Vulpesen landed about 15 yards away. Arrenvar immediately spotted him despite the thick brush and rapidly fired his slugthrower in quick sucession. His aim impeccable. Turning, he dove into the clearing, ryyk blade and slugthrower in hand. Firing a few more shots at Vulpesen, he turned and charged Anwen, prepared to kill or capture her. It was her choice.

@[member="Vulpesen"]
@[member="Anwen Talith"]

Vulpesen leapt again, this time giving a small growl as one of the slugs tore a small groove in his side. It wasn't fatal, nor terribly impeding, but it would hurt like hell. As he landed again, he leaped even higher, having expected the next volley to follow up. He was growing very annoyed with this wookie's antics when the bounty hunter did something very stupid. He entered the clearing to go after @[member="Anwen Talith"]. Vulpesen never put much stock into the whole damsel in distress stories, but he was fairly pissed at the Wookie who had very rudely interrupted his kind conversation, and he was more than happy to help this fiery musician put this fur ball down. He was also rather happy that said musician had decided to to help him and showed some fairly interesting abilities.

Leaping down from his perch, Vulpesen swept his robes open for a moment to send two daggers straight towards the opponent's back, using the sharp steel to pierce through fur and muscle as he began his own charge, igniting one end of his lightsaber to reveal a brilliant gold blade with a black core. The blade itself seemed to reveal the Jedi's nature. He was amicable and kind on the outside, but when crossed he would often show the passionate darkness which lay beneath the surface. Suffice to say, @Arrenvar had crossed him and now the fool had put himself between two annoyed force users.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom