Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Guilde To The Force: Chapter One

Ruby Wilded

R
Softly the breeze waved over the endless plains of grass. Whipping up the sweet scent of summertime on Naboo. Ruby's master was eager to train her. He'd been so busy these last months with the war, conquests and other business. She herself was in the same state of mind, and he couldn't have chosen a better location. Remote, peaceful, easy to concentrate in. Some dark, dank temple seeping with evil wasn't her scene. To many of the Sith she knew were such downers. Would it kill them to smile?

Ruby kicked her feet up and down. She sat atop a white stone jutting from the plains. It was one of the few landmarks around save some trees. Better sitting atop it than down with the dirt and bugs though. Slowly time crept by, Ferus should return soon. What he was going to teach today she didn't know. Things like that were kept hidden until they needed to be revealed. Ruby just hoped he'd pop back up soon. Waiting was boring.

[member="Darth Ferus"]

A nice break, so to speak. [member="Ruby Wilded"] was perhaps his most peculiar apprentice, only because she had fallen to the dark with him. He had taught her when they were both in another life. She had grown, both in strength and knowledge. But he had been distant, training others, fighting wars. She had so much promise, and he had squandered it for too long.

So as he walked through the fields he began to think of what he would show her. Ruby was already fast, and had a good handle of the sword he had given her. Perhaps it was time for something more then simple tricks and bladework. Well, actually, it was a blend of the two. A single hand came up in greeting to the girl atop the rocks as she came into view, and Ferus would call out, grinning wide.

"I take it you're ready then?"

Ruby Wilded

R
Ruby waved back to [member="Darth Ferus"]. A smile broke wide and free. Boredom's tedious time theft was over, and for that she was all the more happy. She climbed up to full height on the rock as Ferus called out to her. "Of course Master. I'm always ready"! Ruby jumped down from the perch. Landing with the grace of a cat. The girl carried on the forward momentum to meet Ferus half way. No reason he should walk all the way to her. She was the apprentice, and an eager one at that.

"Pull out that blade of yours then. I think its time I show you.. Different ways to use the sword." He continued to speak as [member="Ruby Wilded"] walked towards him, grinning wider and wider. "How does swinging your sword without having a hand on it sound? Striking enemies from a far without them even knowing. This is what I will show you today."

Ruby Wilded

R
Ruby drew out her Sith Sword. A gift from her master; the very one walking to her. She'd soaked it in the blood of their foes. Not remotely close to the numbers he'd slain. Why he fought and killed Ruby put much thought into. He was in service to the Emperor and Empire. And she was by proxy because she was loyal to him. Yet, when they first met, Krest as he was known, didn't serve the Sith. He was his own man. Free do do as he wished. So why did he chain himself up like that? Ruby brushed the blade along the grasses as she neared to [member="Darth Ferus"]. "That sounds like a useful tool gets more so. Is it like drawing objects to your hand, but in reverse Master"? Ruby split her thoughts between the task at hand and Krest's motives. Not that she'd question him. She just wished to know more to be helpful.

Krest and Ferus were no longer the same person. But this was a fact Ferus would hide from [member="Ruby Wilded"] . The young mind often acted rashly, and if not explained carefully, she may betray the Sith for a weaker man. A man that filled this Sith Lord with hatred. But he did not speak about Krest, did not think about him. In fact, Krest was the farthest thing from his mind. Red eyes seemed to brighten as Ruby spoke, and a nod was quickly offered to answer her question. "Indeed it is! At least, at first. As you get stronger with such a skill, you can make the saber float in one area at times. Even go so far as to fight with it as if it was actually in your hands. All your skill, yet no fear of you yourself being attacked. Use this with an illusion, and suddenly your opponent is fighting a ghost that can hurt them." His eyes shifted from the girl as he continued, scanning around for something. A tree. Well, that do. The large and lone tree sat about twenty meters away. "Now, throw your sword at that tree. Grip the hilt with the Force and your hand, release it like a push. But keep it focused, going in one direction. Does that make sense?"

Ruby Wilded

R
"I think so Master". Ruby ran out each finger from the grip. Feeling the leather on her own skin. She would have to mimic that through the Force. She easily grasped the idea and her imagination painted a clear picture. Now there was only to try. The young acolyte reached within. Drawing out the Force to grasp the blade. It flowed like water in her veins, from her core out down the arm to the tips of her fingers. Unseen it wrapped around the sword. Ruby usually just projected around the entirety of what she needed to pick up. Ferus wanted her to hold it as a weapon should be held. Silver eyes strained, unblinking to her hand. Slowly she loosened up on the physical contact until there was nothing connecting the two.

Ruby took a step back. Her arm outstretched as she always would when doing this. 'I'm doing it. Really... Now I just need to reach the tree'. Keeping a firm grip on the blade she began to move it towards the tree. It wasn't easy, but she was picking up steam. Getting fast enough that the tip might just break bark with the tip. Ruby went to adjust the blades angle of attack, feeling confident. That is when things failed. As the blade tilted down she lost her hold, the grip didn't remain where her invisible hand was. It fell to the ground with the lightest of thumps. Ruby looked quite defeated, a bit shocked. She loathed to fail her Master, worse yet in front of him. "I... sorry Master. I can keep trying until I perfect it. If you so wish".

[member="Darth Ferus"]

"Good, very good." Despite the avatar change, Ferus is still a male. Red eyes watched [member="Ruby Wilded"] as she went about the skill, though he did notice how she was trying to stab the tree. It wasn't the best idea to try a straight forward lunge right off the bat, and with a slight nod the man would move a single hand up. "But you're trying to do something for advance users. Your goal isn't to grip every action, but to make the blade spin and cut, with your hand casually guiding where it goes. Send it out, bring it back in, like a boomerang. Understand?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom