Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My Book Is Published

[member="Barrien Siegfried"]
I'm actually curious (you can reply in PM or not at all if you want) how much of the list price actually reaches you. I know with paper novels a lot of it goes to various other people along the way, how about with ebooks?

Did you self publish or get it done for you by a company?

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
Right now I get roughly 70%, I believe. The publisher still does some work, even with the ebook. We're working on some future plans, though, that will make changes to the publisher.

Originally I self-published, but then I got this publishing group to take me on, so I made some edits and they're publishing the second edition, plus the first edition of the sequels (second one is almost done with the first draft).

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]
No worries. Even purchasing it helps me move up in the stats, which gets me more exposure. :)

[member="Julian Viles Priest"]
We use Amazon for ebooks, but we also do paperback (and soon hardcover), and those will be available in some actual stores, as well. Trying to get them into my local store.

Not if it's used, lol.

And yeah, that was my original release. You don't want that, trust ne.

NOTICE: My publisher announced some drastic changes last night and as a result the ebook may become temporarily unavailable. If/when it does and you notice, do not fret. It will be made available again shortly after.

So long story short, the day after my book went life, the publisher announced that in three months it will be closing its doors unless we pay for their services (vanity press). I have no interest in that. Instead, I'm starting my own press: Hawks Barrow Press, and have put my book back up for sale. The corrected link is here: link

[member="Connor Harrison"] [member="Darth Tremor"] [member="Julian Viles Priest"] [member="Valiens Nantaris"] [MEMBER="jbec1337"] [MEMBER="Alexei Makarov"] [member="Wrrlykam"] [member="Briga Tiin"] [member="Coci Heavenshield"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom