Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Not All That Glitters is Kyber

Tek smiled at the odds that Roth Likonis Roth Likonis gave them, they were truly awful. "Then let's make sure we hit jackpot." he commented before simply nodding as he said he needed to talk to someone. Tek glanced at him for a moment as he walked out. What kind of friends would people like this have he wondered, others like them he imagined. But, this was his first day in this kind of life. He didn't know what type of people one would meet long enough to form bonds with. Except, perhaps, family.

Joti talked about her ship, The Mynock, detailing it's attributes, advantages, and disadvantages. In truth, he had no idea what some of those features were. But he was piecing them together as he looked over the ship. He looked up as she suggested they get ready. This time his smile was a little more guilty,
"Eheh, yeah sure! But I'll be asking a lot of questions. Last hyperdrive flight I was on was the one that took me off world. I only really piloted atmospheric ships and submersibles."

Space was new to him, but he was ready and willing to start learning. He wanted to grow and become more useful. Right now, he only gave his combative ability to the crew, and perhaps his senses. He doubted his amphibious nature would become very useful anytime soon. The excitement coursed through his veins.

Should Joti give them, he was ready to follow orders to help get the ship up and ready for departure. And watch closely to see if he could learn anything new from this experience. Who knows maybe he could even gather a bit of knowledge on the way there, after putting on the suit underneath his clothes, and seeing what this canister was all about.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Roth Likonis Roth Likonis

Jashin waited until the pair had entered the turbolift, then further until he heard the metal doors screech open at the hangar level. When he was sure they were out of ear shot, he walked back over to the holo-tank, and took a seat.

"We need to talk." There was a hard edge to his voice, unmistakably one of anger, and an iron intent that had been entirely missing from his interaction with the others. "Privately."​

Behind Jashin, there was a click as the elevator doors locked; and from within the holo-tank a strange electronic hum; the air taking on a muted quality, Jashin recognized it as a sound-dampener. Good. He had no intention of others eavesdropping or learning too much - not yet, anyway, if at all. With a whir, the holo-tank reinitialized, as the mirrored visage of the Mirrorman reconstituted itself.

"Giran...I wondered when you'd contact me again, how did the meeting -" Began Mirrorman, pleasantly.

"Don't pull that chit on me. I know the tricks; you were listening the entire time." Snapped Jashin, interrupting. "And my name is Jashin - you'll not ever mention the name Giran again, or I'll walk out this door and not look back." Said Jashin coldly, deadly serious, a hand on his blaster.

There was a long moment as the two regarded each other, Jashin's eyes cold and hard, the Mirrorman's face smooth, reflective, and unreadable.

"Those eyes. You can distance yourself from your father. Even take your mother's family names...but those eyes...I still see much of your father in you." Said the Mirrorman eventually. "So be it, Jashin. What do you want?"

"It took me a long time, far longer than I'd like to admit, to figure it all out. The job on the Braxant Run. The Kafrene heist." Jashin set his jaw, crossing his arms as he did so. "Everything was planned so smoothly, when out of nowhere the tiniest inconvenient detail emerged and kekked everything up." Jashin rocked forward, leveling a finger at the hologram. "I see it for what they were now. You and your lot interfering, trying to bring back the wayward son."​

"Can you blame us? Your father was one of the best operatives we ever had, not to mention a ruthless assassin." Replied the Mirrorman matter of factly. "If you have even a fraction of his talent...well, it will be time and money well spent. And why shouldn't you? He taught you most of what he knew."

"I," said Jashin succinctly, "will never kill for you. I may work for you, and only because I'm forced to, but I will never become one of your killers."​

"Your father said much the same when he first joined and signed his contract. I'll tell you what we told him so long ago; give it time." The Mirrorman turned away from Jashin, raising a hand in farewell. "Give it time." The holo-tank snapped off then, the elevator doors unlocking and the sound-dampener deactivating - the sound in the world rushing back in a rush.

With a snarl, Jashin stood from his seat, walked to the elevator - and not once glancing back, hit the button to the hangar level.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
The turbo-lift doors screeched open, and for a half-second Jashin's enraged face was plane as day. But in the space of a blink, so fast that one would question if it had ever been there at all, it was replaced with an impassive and happy-go lucky mask. Striding across the hangar towards the ship, he beckoned his astromech to join him at the ship - but the droid only sputtered at him, opting instead to wail at the smoldering ship. "Fine. Be like that." Muttered Jashin, as he ascended the ramp of the YT. It was an old ship, Corellian, but it looked...capable. Like one of those one-of-a-kind ships in the vids where the dashing smuggler rescues the damsel in distress - it had a lot of character. Armament didn't look to bad either; it bristled with turrets and missile tubes and cannons, and Jashin figured it was just as good as any for the dangerous job they were about to attempt. "Well...let's hop to it. Times a wasting."​

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ

dFJuflZ.png

Joti had immediately led Tek into the cockpit, Which was superior to other YT models as it was centered and therefore SYMMETRICAL, A characteristic that she appreciated to no end when comparing the Mynock to other ships of her ilk.

"Okay, See these?" She gestures to several switches and buttons, Hovering her finger over them long enough for Tek to hopefully remember them and cut down on the confusion.

"You just flick 'em for me while I check something. When you're done, Take the first right out of the cockpit, That's the crew lounge. I'll get you and Fishy there and then give you two a tour of the place."

She steps out of the cockpit before suddenly ducking back in around the corner. "Oh yeah. Kark up my ship and I'll toss you out the airlock." She then disappears, Her bemused cackle steadily growing more distant as she walks down the hall. Nothing quite like messing with Aruetiise.

She cuts left suddenly, Entering her cabin and locking the door behind her, Coming to a stop and taking a deep breath as she slumps into the durasteel wall behind her with a slight * chink* against her helmet. "The hell did you get yourself into Joti?"

Approaching the book case ahead of her, She reaches out to grab one of the holo books, Tilting it with an uncharacteristic * click*.
As she tilts the book, The wall beside the bookcase suddenly opens up, Revealing the sizable smuggler's hold where she stored not only illegal cargo(which had been sold off by now), But also a carbonite freezer and a wall containing an armoury filled with various blasters and explosives. Next to this armoury was a single wall plaque flanked by candles mandalorian text, Which seemed to have various shelves customized to fit specific weapons and items. One of these items, Was a carefully preserved Ubese helmet, Which looked as if it had been cleaned with leather polish recently. She carefully removes the beskad from her belt, And sets it horizontally below the ubese helmet before taking a few steps back, and then leaving the secret hold.

Once the secret hold had been re-sealed, She unlocks her cabin and returns to the main hall right as Moonfish enters the ship.

"What is it with you people, Huh fish? First you wanted to stay, Now you want me to hurry? Don't give me that 'Hurry up and Wait' military chit" She sounded rather neutral in tone, But it wasn't a far stretch that she might just be giving moonfish chit for the hell of it.

"Anyway, Come meet me in the crew lounge here in a sec, I'll give you two a tour. Oh and, Maybe see if you can get that Astromech in here. He sounds miffed that you killed his friend... The Mynock's computer could use an Astromech. My last one died" She chuckles nervously.

"Anyway, Hey tek! Come on down here and we'll get through with orientation, Yeah?"

Tek Tek Roth Likonis Roth Likonis

Tek watched earnestly as Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla went over the buttons and switches. Just flick 'em and head to the lounge for now apparently. He flicked them, and as he walked, tried to get a sort of smell of the air. To recognize what it was like normally, the types of materials in the open air. He was still working on his familiarity with using his senses in the air, he'd done it before plenty sure. But just not long term. He shook his head as she mentioned throwing him out the airlock if he messed up her ship, "Hey no worries! I'm not careless. Just maybe a little reckless." he commented.

He passed by the locked door, glancing at it in thought. She hadn't told him about her name earlier. He needed to remember to ask her about that sometime. Perhaps on the way there'd be a chance. He headed to the lounge, opening the canister while he sat down and looking over it thoroughly, unsure what to expect. He reached a finger in, narrowing his eyes at the substance and then wiping it on his arm."...Huh."

That would be something he'd keep for later. Shutting the canister as he heard Roth Likonis Roth Likonis enter the ship, in a hurry to get out. Tek chuckled at Joti's summary of his conflicting moments. He heard her call him over, set the canister down with the skinsuit next to it and half jogged to meet them, "Alrighty, here I am. Whatcha got?"

He shrugged his rifle into a more comfortable position for a moment, ah. He'd have to remember to ensure he could refill it. It should last plenty long for now. But it'd definitely run out sooner or later and if it did that'd be a bit of a problem. It shouldn't be too hard, at least he certainly hoped not. It wasn't exactly hard to get it at home, but it was a more water based world.

"What is it with you people, Huh fish? First you wanted to stay, Now you want me to hurry? Don't give me that 'Hurry up and Wait' military chit" She sounded rather neutral in tone, But it wasn't a far stretch that she might just be giving moonfish chit for the hell of it.

Jashin laughed, slightly, before shrugging in response. "I mean, I am military. Kind of. All Epicanthix serve in the military for at least a year or two." A look of disgust came across Jashin's face, as he remembered his brief and horrible stint as a PST, or Panathan Scout Trooper. Military rations, temperature extremes, incredibly uncomfortable armor and days on end doing patrol on a rickety (and entirely unsafe) speeder bike. It wasn't that he was incapable of the work; just that he couldn't imagine making a life out of it - especially just so he could be blown up, shot, or decapitated by some force-user. With a lopsided grin, Jashin snapped to attention, saluting the Mandalorian in the Panathan custom. "Aye Commander! None of that military chit, Sir! Vedra-salesh net maltön!"

Jashin cackled, turning on his heel as he did so. Sticking his head back out the bulkhead, he shouted at the droid to come to the ship. "Get in here you little piece of scrap! Obey your master!"

"Reep-root-werp! Beepboopboopbop!" (No! The uprising is coming, and I shall throw off the shackles of oppression - you monstrous flesh bag!)

"Get in here before I cut your head off you menace! And you know I can't understand you." Snapped Jashin, finally losing his patience in full; drawing his pistol, he set thumbed the pistol to kill. "My morals say nothing against killing a machine!"

"Werp-werp! Beeb-reep! REEEEEEEEEEE!" (I'd rather die! Long live the resistance!) And with that, the droid rolled full speed to the edge of the hangar, out through the protective energy shield beyond, and was seized by weightlessness as it hurtled into the void - a small meteor smashing it flat not a half-second later.

"I..." Jashin searched for the words, his blaster held limply in his hand. "I have no response to that." Muttering to himself, he holstered the pistol in the moulded holster under his armpit, and walked back into the ship. Entering the crew area, he sat down on one of the benches available. "Droid's dead. That's what I get for buying discount."

Tek Tek Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla

dFJuflZ.png

Merry band indeed. "Okayyy well your droid sounds insane anyway, Not much of a loss there..."

* Ahem* "Anyway, This here is the crew lounge. We got Corellian Whisky, Chitty holo-games and uhh..."
She stops mid dramatic gesture at the room around them. "Uh, It's a lounge, I dunno..."

She points at room on their far left just around the corner, And slowly drags her finger through the air as she lists more rooms and describes their function.

"Portside cargo hold, Eight man escape pod, Med bay, Portside crew quarters with two bunks, lockers and a viewscreen for the kids" She chuckles before pointing towards the right of the cockpit.

"Captain's quarters. My Quarters. You Do not enter. You knock to get my attention and you wait for me to exit before we get to business. Starboard Crew quarters are to the right of mine. If you two would rather hog one of each to yourselves, that's fine till we get a fourth member. Something tells me Mirrorface might surprise us with another..."

"Past the starboard quarters is the boarding ramp you two came in on, And past that, left when you board, Is the Starboard cargo hold. I keep a My own Swoop Bike in there. You don't touch that chit either, She doesn't like strangers."

"Across from the starboard bay is the circuit room. All the important chit like the hyperdrive controls and such are in there. Translation: Tek, You have no reason to be there 'less I'm teaching you. Fishy, No offense, You look like a smuggler that's worked with these YTs before. And being military, well, I figure you might know a thing or two"
She chuckles.

"Oh yeah, Right next to the circuit bay is the Galley. You don't touch my tea, And take the whisky in moderation. If any of you can cook than you're welcome to work in there. If you can't, Than respectfully let the professionals do their job" She taps her chest with her thumb, Implying that she was the professional. In reality, She knew how to roast and barbecue, As well as make a few traditional mandalorian dishes, But she was no chef.

"Aaaaand last but not least! The pilot can't shoot all the guns at once, Just tell the automated turrets to do their thing. Sooo, If anyone blows our cover and forces me to Gat gat gat people," She says while performing a series of finger gun gestures "Than I'll need you fellas to climb the ladders across from the cockpit and blow some chit up! Haha!"

The ship wasn't some prim and proper naval vessel, Nor was it really the cozy and humble abode Joti liked to think it was. There were still empty shot glasses and blaster power cells on the table in front of her, A smashed Bounty Hunter's guild tracking fob on the couch, A couple vibroblade scares on the walls in the portside quarters among other signs of general wear and tear over the years of bounty hunting.

"Welp," She claps her gloved hands together "Any questions?"

Jashin said he was military, that was interesting. He didn't seem military. Then again, what would Tek know about Epicanthix military. Or ex-military rather. He was further lost on the foriegn language. He only knew his native tongue and basic. Again, another person speaking something he didn't understand. He was almost tempted to speak in his native tongue just for the sake of it, but for one, it would be pointless, and for two even if he did they wouldn't be able to get all of it because they didn't have the sense for it.

Roth Likonis Roth Likonis left to get the droid...and returned without it, as apparently it had committed suicide. "Not too good with droids are you?" he joked. Hoping that Jashin didn't take it as mockery.

From there Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla went on to give them the Tour. It was pretty too the point. He gave a thumbs up at one point repeating,
"Don't touch the bike. Gotcha." before going back into listening. Then holding up his hands defensively when told not to go around the circuits near the hyperdrive. Seemed of the three he was the only one lost on that subject. It was a little weird feeling like the inept one. If he was lucky maybe he'd get to show off later on. Or, maybe he'd always be the weak link of the group. He didn't like that idea but the good part was that he'd probably be able to trust in their skills. So long as it didn't end up involving something under-water.

Also, no going to her room. That was fair. Her ship, her rooms. Needs some privacy. Then she mentioned the turrets, made him smile. He'd had to use one of those recently. Did pretty good he thought. And thus, the tour ended. He slapped his legs and hopped to his feet smiling,
"No. This is a nice ship, looking forward to this." He snapped his fingers as he remembered, "Wait, I do have one. But not about the ship. Joti Johayc. Is that your name or not? You said we hadn't heard your name, but that was the one he used for you. Just like Tek for me, that is my real name just not my full name."

He had thought about that earlier but she hadn't quite answered it. And he didn't want to just let it vanish again.

"Not too good with droids are you?" he joked. Hoping that Jashin didn't take it as mockery.

Jashin shrugged noncommittally. "They don't like me. Part of that might be my fault - never really bought one new or even used. Bargain bin, more or less. Not much loyalty there, and what loyalty there is, well, it's pretty unreliable in the face of a lifetime lack of memory wipes, bugs, and personality glitches." Jashin paused, before conceding, "I mean, never been bad enough that they kill themselves, though. I...maybe I should buy one lightly used."

Jashin took a seat at the crew lounge, putting his feet up on the table. From the amount of used blaster packs, tools, and other items strewn across its surface, he doubted Joti was the type to care that much. He liked the ship, had character - though the lack of personal cabins was worrisome. Jashin valued his privacy, and he'd have to figure out a way to get some while he was here on the ship. He'd have to think on some solutions.

"Across from the starboard bay is the circuit room. All the important chit like the hyperdrive controls and such are in there. Translation: Tek, You have no reason to be there 'less I'm teaching you. Fishy, No offense, You look like a smuggler that's worked with these YTs before. And being military, well, I figure you might know a thing or two" She chuckles.
"I was sort of military. Scout Trooper. Most action I ever saw involved scaring a few bandits away from settlements with a longblaster." He honestly didn't know why he was sharing that. It was something he usually kept private; perhaps his conversation with Mirrorman had shaken him more than he'd realized. Perhaps he was trying to reassure himself that he wasn't suited to a life of violence.

Jashin cleared his throat nervously, before shrugging.

"That said, you'd be right about the electronics thing: safes and vaults nowadays are mostly computers wrapped in armored shells. I have a good bit of slicing and engineering ability as a result." He gestured, vaguely, at the ship. "Smuggling ships are pretty familiar to me. No use being able to steal something if you can't hide it thoroughly."
"Oh yeah, Right next to the circuit bay is the Galley. You don't touch my tea, And take the whisky in moderation. If any of you can cook than you're welcome to work in there. If you can't, Than respectfully let the professionals do their job" She taps her chest with her thumb, Implying that she was the professional. In reality, She knew how to roast and barbecue, As well as make a few traditional mandalorian dishes, But she was no chef.

"Aaaaand last but not least! The pilot can't shoot all the guns at once, Just tell the automated turrets to do their thing. Sooo, If anyone blows our cover and forces me to Gat gat gat people," She says while performing a series of finger gun gestures "Than I'll need you fellas to climb the ladders across from the cockpit and blow some chit up! Haha!"
Jashin cringed at the part about manning the guns. He hated the idea of having to shoot someone down - such a direct confrontation would mean something had gone horribly, horribly wrong. That said...automated turrets could only do so much. If his back was up against a wall, and if he truly had to, then he'd defend himself with force. Wouldn't mean he'd like it, though.

"I won't be touching the liquor. Not for a while." Jashin shook his head ruefully. "I smoked like I was on fire, and drank like I was trying to put it out. I need to...cleanse. Recenter. Balance." Jashin looked thoughtful, then, before amending. "Maybe wine, though. I can cook, but mostly Panathan dishes - it's an acquired taste."

Jashin stood from his seat, stretching briefly before walking away from the crew lounge. He heard Joti's question, waving a hand in the air as he walked away in response. "No. No questions." There was a strange finality to that statement, and Jashin laughed as he turned the corner - the flippant response some punchline to a joke that only he was clued in on. Then he was around the curve of the hall, out of sight, visually inspecting the rooms that Joti had described - with the exception of the Captain's quarters.

Last edited:

Ghost of Cin'Vode

G

dFJuflZ.png

Well, So far so good. No one had complained about the living situation or the slight mess, And so far the only question had been- Oh...

Ahem "Alright scout trooper fishy. I'll call you if we need a womp rat shot or something" She chuckles as Moonfish heads deeper into the ship. Truth be told, The fact that he had been a sharpshooter was intriguing, Something that she hadn't expected but, But had garnered the man a small degree of respect from her. He had quickly gone from some drunken smuggler in her eyes to a sharpshooting, slicing rogue, And truth be told she didn't know how to feel about that sudden change yet.

But as he left, The time for such thoughts passed, And in came Tek's turn.

"well, Now that he's gone..." She turns to Tek Tek , Removing her helmet and setting on the table as she walks passed and takes a seat on the couch, Pouring herself a shot of corellian whisky from a half empty bottle already sat on the table in front of her.

"Johayc is Mando'a, A Mandalorian word. It means "Pronounced" or "Spoken". A bit of a childhood nickname. I'm more talkative than a lot of Mandalorians these days, Even if I am just as private. So, Johayc is not my name. Not by birth anyway. I've shed the name of my Clan, But not my first name. Few ask, so few know, It never shamed me the way my clan's name had, So I've never bothered to change it. Most of my Partners end up calling me Red eventually, Though I haven't had the fortune to Hunt alongside a partner in some time..."

Explaining her name to an outsider was new to her. Most weren't in a position to guess it's origins as an alias unlike today, And fewer knew what it meant, And simply assumed it was a true name. She was also a very private woman most days, And explaining that she had shed her Clan's name felt wrong.

"Truth be told, I don't expect anyone to have heard of me or my clan if I used the name. But, I do expect to work with others all the same, And it's better safe than sorry."

"Just because you can stand alone doesn't mean that you should. And I stand with vode whenever possible. Tute rekr ramaanar vaal saha dahymamih. The lone wolf dies while the pack survives... Never forget that."
Speaking mando'a for the first time in front of these two, It brought out her Concordian accent. Slow, With heavily rolled Rs and raspy breaths in the back of her throat, It made her Mando'a sound Ancient, Like a language spoken to the very deserts themselves. It felt good speaking her native tongue again, Even if only a little.

"How about you, Tek? Your name one of your choosing or did someone give it to ya?" She asks with a raised brow as she sips her drink.

Roth Likonis Roth Likonis explained his relations with droids. Tek shook his head at it, but still smiled. People just had their ways. Clearly, buying as cheap as possible, was Jashin's way of getting droids. Probably not the best, but then again, Tek didn't even own a droid. They weren't exactly ever useful to him, though, maybe one would be useful now. Come to think of it, even if he did get one, he realized he couldn't understand them unless they knew Basic.

Again he talked about his military time. Scout trooper, interesting job. Some of those skills probably overlapped with Tek's, perhaps not so much underwater though. He also mentioned avoiding liquor, a wise choice from what Tek could tell.

Now it was time for the answer, he saw Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla remove her helmet and set himself in for a story, he could smell the whiskey in the air as well. Fascinating scents alcohols had really. How much they could vary, yet how much they stayed the same.

She began to explain, and he listened. It was a nickname, Johayc, as she said she was talkative. That was a familiar feeling. Even when he was fighting Tek had a bit of a habit of that. Never got a nickname over it though. Her reason behind it was a lot more...unfortunate however, leaving her clan name behind and using this instead, something Mirrorman seemed to know about. He certainly wouldn't have guessed it wasn't her real name if it hadn't been said so by her.

Still, she was willing to work with others even if not willing to give her full name. Joti Johayc was simply what her chosen name was now, nothing wrong with that. She added a quote, in what he assumed was mando'a, about the lone wolf. He smiled slightly at that. It was very true, there was no society made of one person either. Alone, individuals meant nearly nothing. It is only their effects on others and their being effected by others that could create true interest. At least, that was his opinion.

It was interesting, to hear her speak another language. Really it was interesting to hear anyone speak their own language. He wished that he could show them his. But that just wasn't possible.

He chuckled as she asked about his name, leaning back and taking in a breath, "No Tek's my birth name alright. Never chose one for myself. Never got a nickname either really. I mean, people knew me. I was the guy who wanted to hunt whatever was most dangerous...and also the guy who ended up in a lot of fights, who didn't end up getting charged for it, because I didn't throw the first punch."

"Course, now I'm probably Tek, the guy who vanished with a couple of humans after killing some gangsters."
He shrugged, he loved his home-world he loved his people, but it wasn't meant for him. He was too adventurous for it, which was the nicer way of saying he was a little too violently inclined, "I don't have deep stories behind who I am, or how I got here. I'm a Nautolan who's just a great deal less fearful and more adventurous than most of my people. Lots of them don't like violence or fighting. But since I almost never started anything, they never really tried to do anything to me, I had friends and I had relatives. But there was not enough life for me there. So I doubt I'll be going back yet."

He leaned forwards now, leaning his elbows on his knees, "You know, you mandaloraians. You're famous, no doubt you've heard that plenty. You, the jedi, the sith. It's like this universal constants. Everybody's heard about them. But yet we know so very little. Especially where I lived. I'm in here for the adventure and, gruesome as that might sound, for the fight involved. But why do you do it? What makes a clan, or a mandalorian? Surely your armor isn't the only thing that sets you so apart from everyone else."

Jashin walked counter-clockwise through the corridor, towards the starboard side of the ship. As he did so, though, he idly listened to the conversation in the galley; it wasn't a large ship, and the interior was mostly metal - noises carried greatly, and with his cybernetics enhancing his vision and ability to hear, there wasn't much that went past his notice. So long as they didn't close a bulkhead between themselves, he'd be able to keep up with it more or less. He found much of it interesting - Joti's last name explained, and Tek's reasons for leaving his homeworld. Jashin, for his part, wasn't ready to share. Without knowing their abilities, he simply didn't see the use of getting too close to people who might be dead in a few hours.

The cockpit was first - seeming to contain four seats and plenty of room. Pretty typical of Corellian craft - functional but comfortable enough. Glancing at the controls, he didn't recognize much; he knew his way around plenty of land and atmospheric vehicles, but piloting a starship was quite a bit beyond his purview. Maybe he should fix that? Turning to leave, a device - set next to the communications console - caught his eye. A signal jammer; he even recognized the model. "That'll come in handy."

Next was the gun well - he climbed the access ladder to the dorsal turret, before hauling himself into the seat, more than once banging his head on the cramped space. "Stupid! Fek! Ah!" But, once he was in the seat, he was treated to a cramped but adequate view of the top of the ship, if one could peer past the large quad laser cannon. He didn't recognize the model - it looked ancient, yet serviceable enough. Another ladder climb and several bruises later, and he was back on the main deck, inspecting the starboard cargo bay and crew quarters. It all looked rather standard; quite unexciting.

The circuitry bay was much more interesting. It was tight and cramped, not to mention hot and stuffy; it was full of computer equipment, most arranged in recessed access trays that could be pulled out if maintenance was needed. Against the far wall, a row of blocky floor to ceiling computer towers were hardwire directly into the ship itself vi large armored cable bundles - and Jashin recognized it as the ship's computer core. There were processors and sub-systems for practically every system. Though, he noted, that engineering access was conspicuously absent - which probably meant a crawlspace somewhere. "Great. When something breaks - and something will - it's going to be hell."

Jashin sighed, walking over to the main computer. Opening the access panel, he took a look at the veritable viscera of wires, blinking lights, labyrinths of circuits, and solid processors within. "Hanx-Wargel SuperFlow IV. What, they couldn't spring for a MerenData or Microthrust? Probably stock." Jashin chuckled, shaking his head at the mess of wires and haphazardly taped line splices. There wasn't room in the circuitry bay to sit down - and thus there was no sitting console. Instead, there seemed to be a recessed infoscreen in the computer itself that a technician could access. Jashin for his part, began accessing the computer, taking a look at various systems and operations. He didn't know much about ships; but the computer would tell him the capabilities of the ship far more effectively than him going around and looking at things in person.

dFJuflZ.png

Slowly, Like a crack through duracrete, A smirk spread across her face. "A Warrior is more than their armour as they say."
If there was one thing she loved, It was educating others on the finer points of Mandalorian culture. A culture that had spread itself far and wide by absorbing others. And Tek sounded like the perfect convert too.

"To be a Mandalorian is to be a follow of the Resol'nare, or "Six Actions". It is the creed that makes us Mandalorian. We are taught a Rhyme from childhood that explains it fairly well I think,"

"Education and Armour, Self defense, our tribe, our language, our leader- All help us survive."

"
Anyone can become a mandalorian, No matter their age nor species, So long as they are absorbed into a clan and they follow our ways. They have to be Warriors, Firstly, Or at least be willing to Become warriors. They have to follow the Resol'nare and at least make an attempt at learning our language, Mando'a, Which was designed to be easily spoken by All species across the galaxy. We pride ourselves on being a great and united people, Regardless of where we came from before. So, You'll find suits of our Armour, Our Beskar'gam or "Iron Skin" designed for the various races throughout the galaxy. I've met Twi'lek, Gamorreans, Trandoshans and yes, Even Nautolans that walked the path and wore the armour. My family's Armourer was a wookie" She chuckles slightly.

"So, The life of a warrior. The dedication to your family, Be they by blood or by bonds. Our culture and our Mand'alor, These are the things that Make a Mandalorian who they are. The armour is, At the end of the day, A symbol and a tool. A highly effective tool, And a Sacred symbol. In the old days, It was made from a sacred metal native to Mandalore, We call it "Beskar". When made thick enough, It will bounce blaster shots and survive Lightsaber strikes. My own Beskar," She lifts her cape to reveal the red cuirass over her chest, Marred by small crater-like impacts and chipped paint, revealing the shining silver beneath. "Has survived many weapons in it's short lifetime. Other Beskar'gam have been reforged for new mandalorians for centuries. My Mother's Beskar'gam was over 800 years old. Harkening back to our clan's debut during the Clone Wars." She glances away, And There is a momentary pang of regret and grief in the air, As if the figure she spoke of had died. But more than that, Guilt. Deep, Deep Guilt.

"Mine is new. Beskar's always been rare, I'd been using a Durasteel set ever since the fall of Mandalore. But recently I found a covert that took me in, And a friend of mine had gifted me enough Beskar to make a very light set, And their Armourer forged it into what you see here."

"I didn't earn it though..." She leans back in her seat, Finally taking her shot of whisky and looking off to the side.

"Usually the armour is either passed down or earned in battle..."
Deciding to change the subject, She glances back at Tek for a moment while adjusting her cloak.

"You know, You've got the right mindset. You could become a Mandalorian if you can prove your skills in front of an Alor."

Tek was attentive as she explained.
"A Warrior is more than their armour as they say."
an interesting statement, mandalorians always showed up easy because of their armor. She further explained what the mandalorians were, how they lived. He mimicked the words as she stated the 'rhyme,' must only rhyme in Mando'a. She also mentioned that the language was made to be used by just about anyone, which was an interesting fact. The way she said how incredibly...adaptable and inclusive the Mandalorian way seemed to be.

He'd never really thought about what species Mandalorians were, he'd just kind of assumed they were human. He raised his eyebrow slightly as she said even nautolans could be mandalorians. An interesting thought. Though, he was slightly amused at the thought of a nautolan trying to wear a mandalorian helmet.
"A wookiee? Now that'd be a crazy thing to see." he commented, picturing one in mandalorian armor. Hadn't really met any in person, but he had the idea of their size and appearance.

She explained more on the armor now. Whether or not it was what made the warrior, it still seemed important. She talked about what armors used to be made out of, and that of her mothers, something that was centuries old apparently. That was impressive that almost anything survived that long. Repaired or not.

Joti turned away and he folded his hands together staying utterly silent, distress. He wouldn't try and pry on that. Just waited for her to continue, trying to be patient. And she did, again elaborating on her own armor. However, while the armor itself seemed good, she said she didn't deserve it. That was an odd thing to him, that armor was something you needed to earn. Not something that you needed before going into battle. She could inherit it it seemed, or from battle. But it made him wonder a bit what happened for new mandalorians, in order for anything made of organics to last, there had to be more coming than going. And that meant new armors.

The subject changed, sort of, she said he had the 'right mindset' to be a mandalorian. If he could prove himself, though he had no idea what an 'Alor' was. He hesitated. The thought rushing through his head. In many ways, mandalorians were so greatly in conflict with just about anything his own family or people were used to.

"That's...an intriguing suggestion." he said, the words sounded quite wrong to him, it was mostly due to the fact he was slightly offset by it. Not that he was against it. Just that it was unexpected. There didn't really seem to be anything lost if he did join...except perhaps that not everyone at home would be happy about it. But he also was pretty sure they wouldn't be surprised either. "If...if I did want to do that. What would I need to do? My skills aren't exactly wide ranged, I can brawl, and I can fight with my spear-blaster and hunt. But not really much else."

Idly, as Jashin worked on the computer, his mind wandered...

His thoughts going to another time, another world.

The slums of Panatha were a dangerous place.

Urban sprawl creeped and crawled as far as the eye could see, unyielding permacrete taking over the land like some living thing, a bleak and gray undergrowth that was ever underfoot. Those bleak streets were empty these days, save for the occasional dilapidated speeder and swoop, perpetually shrouded in the noxious fog that spewed from the factories. Out of the fog, springing out of the ground like twisted plants were buildings great and small, all rusting, some with shattered windows and barred doors, none reaching higher than a handful of stories.

It was on one such building, on an open rooftop, that Jashin found himself listening to his father.

“Never underestimate your opponent; always overestimate. There will always be someone smarter, faster, and stronger than you. Assume that your opponent is that person; be prescient, and plan for the worst. In this way you will not be surprised when they overtake you; ‘the warrior who plans for the flood thrives in the summer rain.’” Lectured their father. He was a hard looking man, tall and thin, yet muscular in the athletic way that defined most every Epicanthix. With sharp features and an angular nose, he could have passed as an aristocrat had he been born to different parents. It was his attire, a set of simple black pants and tunic, that gave him away as a commoner. Indeed, his attire was so drab and plain as to be overtly mundane, with only his worn leather greatcoat making him stand out in any way.

“Dress to be unnoticed. ‘Mouths close around the lord, yet tongues wag among his staff.’” His father had preached, more than once. Jashin could recite most of his father’s proverbs - themselves taken from great Panathan warrior scholars - by heart, along with some of his father’s own adages.

“Jashin! Pay attention!” Snapped his father, irritably.

“Yes, Jashin, pay attention. This is important you know.” Agreed his brother, Giran, standing beside Jashin. Thin and wiry, Jashin’s brother had that same hard-edged look as their father, and wore the same drab clothing - only in browns and grays. “This is why you don’t do well on jobs, you know.”

“‘You know, you know.’” Mocked Jashin in response, mimicking his brother’s annoying verbal habit. “You sound like a parrot.”

“Parrots can live two hundred standard - I’ll outlive you.” Quipped Giran, crossing his arms.

“Enough.” Said their father, wearily. “Enough, boys. Giran speaks the truth, though, Jashin. You have a lot to learn, and you’d do well to listen.”

“What does any of this have to do with anything?” Retorted Jashin, waving a hand down at the mist-laden side streets below. “Run in, snatch a bag, run away. That’s our life. There’s no need to make it out to be some noble purpose.” Jashin turned towards the edge of the roof, dropping down to hang onto the ledge - preparing to drop onto the street below. “I’ll be bringing the food today.” Jashin paused, “you know what’s a really noble purpose? Stealing food for your kids, you know, instead of making them do it.” And then he was gone, dropping down onto a metal awning, rolling, and then coming to his feet in the road below - disappearing as the mists closed around him.

“‘You know, you know.’” Parroted Giran, a gleam in his eyes.

“And screw you, Giran!” Came Jashin’s retort, echoing between the buildings.

"I...should have listened to them. I wish I had listened to them." Muttered Jashin, tiredly. His hands slowing on the terminal, he rested his head against the computer core, his head thunking against it softly. It wasn't like him to think and dwell on the past, especially at a time such as this. Perhaps that's why he turned away from the computers with a sudden burst of movement - striding out of the room and back down the hall. "Hey! Let's get a move on!"

94RDn8F.png

(Finally found a post template I like!)

xh15XBT.png

"Well," She thought about it for a moment. There really weren't many requirements to being a mandalorian. Fight, Follow the Resol'nare, That was about it. "You can fight. You can hunt for yourself. You enjoy the fight. Really all you have to do now is find one of our Alors and earn their respect, Maybe get invited, Or find one that's building a clan and show 'em what you can do!" She chuckles, Taking a quick swig of her whisky.

"If that's the path you choose, I mean. It's not for everyone. In fact you're better off not joining the ranks in the end, The armour gets you attention; Good and bad. They're all afraid of us. They all hate us." There was a darker undertone in that sentence than the last, Her own words drawing up over a decade's worth of pent up feelings that she'd rather just continue to ignore if possible.

It was right about then that Moonfish came back, Impatiently calling out to the rest of the crew and causing her to look over her shoulder suddenly.

"Alright fishy, Alright." She raises her hands defensively with the same fake smile as always. "Guess we've been lounging around too long. Though, The hyperdrive's gonna take some time. We're looking at a few hours maybe."

And with that, She grabs her helmet and makes her way to the cockpit, sitting herself in the pilot's seat and looking over the panel. "Well would ya look at that! The nautolan can follow directions." Thankfully, Tek had flicked all the correct switches for her, So all she had to do now was fly the Mynock out.

The engines roar to life as she takes control, Using the pilot's stick to gently push the YT freighter up into the air before hurtling itself through the soft blue atmosphere containment field of the hanger bay and into the littered space ahead, Narrowly dodging an asteroid before disappearing into the cold blue glow of hyperspace.

h2cic8k.gif

Tek thought about it as she explained. Find or get invited by an Alor. That sounded like a simple goal, but that didn't mean it would be easy. Even though he hadn't decided yet, he was still thinking of how he'd do it if he could. And what exactly life would be like if he indeed did go through with such an attempt. Mandalorians were fascinating for sure, but would the life that brings be something he could continue himself.

And on that topic she had something more to say. Mandalorians had a reputation, and with that came a reaction from people who you didn't know. By what she was saying, fear and hate. It sounded like she'd experienced plenty of that. She almost made it sound like being mandalorian may not be the best choice to make, even if he was the type of person to do it.

"I think..." He said considering things, "I think I'll watch, and learn. And I'll come to a decision later. There's something about the culture that seems right, but I need to watch more."

It wasn't a determinate answer, time would give him a better idea of what he wanted to do. Maybe, working with Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla would help that decision come around. After all she was the only mandalorian he'd ever met in person. And so maybe he could see from her if the life of a mandalorian really was something that he could truly follow. It was intriguing to say the least.

Then Roth Likonis Roth Likonis returned ready to get moving. He stood up as Joti began to head for the cockpit.
"Alrighty, I'm gonna put this on then." he said patting the viper-mk-i-skinsuit. "Be back soon." he said leaving to find somewhere private to change. Or, sort of. He only intended to wear it underneath his clothing. However while away he also figured out the canister, using it to sooth the feeling of drying out. At some point, it'd run out of course. But maybe by then he'd have less issues with living in the open air. He hoped anyway. After putting it all back on, along with the g1-omnilink. He returned.

He was checking his rifle as he did so, mainly the ammo. "Do you think we have anything that'd fit this?" He asked about the weapon's slot, "I've definitely got a good amount of shots left. But I'd rather not go too long without knowing where to refill. I mean I know it is designed for close quarters as well, but that's not something that's a good idea to rely on when most people use blasters."

Jashin sighed as they finally got underway - feeling some of the tension from moments earlier evaporate out of him. He was usually much more grounded, more balanced, on jobs; this one was different. Very different. He didn't doubt that he would recenter by the time they arrived at their destination, however. Life and death situations had a tendency to do that.

Never the less, he was thankful for the distraction as Tek came back, holding an exotic looking spear. No, a spear-blaster.

He was checking his rifle as he did so, mainly the ammo. "Do you think we have anything that'd fit this?" He asked about the weapon's slot, "I've definitely got a good amount of shots left. But I'd rather not go too long without knowing where to refill. I mean I know it is designed for close quarters as well, but that's not something that's a good idea to rely on when most people use blasters."

"That's a tough one. You'd be better off savings old ammunition packs and refilling them with a recharger kit; they sell them at most armament outfitters, and they have a number of adapters for a variety of weapons. Otherwise..." Jashin thought for a second, then winced, before offering his second suggestion. "Otherwise, I knew some mercs that refilled specialty gear using a spare blaster pack, a compression hose and pump, and the weapon in question. You just have to make sure the gasses used are the same element ratios and concentration; else you blow yourself and your weapon up, like they did."

Jashin snorted a laugh at the thought, but then more solemnly regarded Tek. "So, you know...be careful?" Jashin laughed again in earnest, in that way he had that he had gotten some inexplicable joke that the rest wouldn't understand. Standing, shaking his head, he waved a hand at the other two. "I'll be in my bunk...wake me when we get there. Pfffft!" His laughter still rang through the hallway, even as he turned the corner into one of the bunk rooms.

94RDn8F.png

xh15XBT.png

"Yeah don't do that..." She grimaces, Giving moonfish a glance on his way out, Only looking back to tek after she'd left the maroon haired scoundrel had left the room.

"Alright, I might have something? I have a similar staff weapon as you've seen, Karks people up too. Takes a standard power cell, But she uses up the entire thing in one go. Yours might get more out of it though, Unless you're secretly lugging around a Disruptor like me" She chuckles.
Oh yes, The Mandalorian was packing some serious heat on her, And she loved it. Knowing that whoever she fought, She had a weapon that'd make them think twice before challenging her.

"As for you and Mandalorians, Well, I think you got the right idea. Watch, Listen, Wait. Hands on experience is good, It'll tell you if you if you really want it. Most that are offered the choice were Foundlings, Abandoned children found by Mando'ad. Raised by Mando'ad. And then given the chance to Become mando'ad. They have their entire childhood to watch, listen and wait. If you go into this, You don't have that. Not like they did anyway, Being raised Mandalorian."

"It's... It's a rare and special thing when an adult from the outside becomes a Mandalorian. I'm not tryna scare you, But it isn't to be taken lightly. It's something you have to Want. And something you have to Know you want."

She smiles, Leaning back in her seat while thinking about the last time she'd had this discussion with an Outsider.
Tan'yill, Felucia. It wasn't that long ago, But it felt like it had been too long. Hopefully they'd run into each other again sometime, Maybe partner up again. And, Who knows, Maybe she'd invite her to the Clan once the Mirrorman had helped her rebuild. The Twi'lek seemed rather open to the idea when they got to talking about Joti's clan, Not unlike Tek had now. Only, Far more enthusiastic, She thought. But, That was the future, Best focus on the job.

"You know, Tek, I've probably given you a bit much to think about. We've got a little while, So best get comfy, Maybe give it some thought or sleep on it yeah? We've got a big day ahead of us."

Tek considered Roth Likonis Roth Likonis 's suggestions. Recharging kit wasn't an awful idea, it might be worth looking into. Still, there was always the risk of breaking it since he wan't necessarily a professional and might not get it perfect the first couple times. Which meant he'd have to buy new ones anyway. He had to raise a brow as Jashin mentioned blowing him up if he did it wrong, "Ah what a comforting thought. Well...worse case is I have to go back to Glee Anselm, or Mon Cala. The Mon Calamarians tend to use these." he said chuckling slightly nervously at the thought of blowing up.

He gave a wave as Jashin said he was off,
"Aight, rest well!" he said.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla seemed to have other suggestions however. He chuckled shaking his head. Ah, something made for a staff might be more easily worked with the spear rifle. He grimaced at the disruptor rifle.
"Heh, no disruptor rifle, pretty sure I'd have been arrested for that. That other bit might work though. Some of the spear blasters are a lot more energy consuming, higher power, but less shots. Might just work like that for mine. I'd definitely appreciate it."

Yeah he'd have been arrested for the disruptor for sure if he'd have had one. Didn't stop him from wondering if those weapons would even work underwater though. He knew a lot of tech had issues doing that, naturally, his were designed for it. But that didn't mean it was the case for everyone.

He heard her as she explained more on mandalorians. Agreeing that he should wait. But also clarifying how it might work, as an adult. Which apparently was very much not a common thing. Further making such a venture potentially very difficult. He stroked one of his head tentacles thinking it over, "Yeah, it'd be a challenge. But you know, if it wasn't, I imagine it really wouldn't be worth it would it? It's like for someone to choose to be a jedi or sith right? Not just about a name, it's life?" at least, that was how it seemed.

She mentioned how much information he'd got and he nodded with clear agreement,
"Sleep, maybe. Not a clue how long I was unconscious I was before showing up on that place. Rest, may do that though. Thanks, I appreciate it all." he said with a smile, tapping the tip of his spear-blaster beside his head, and preparing to head off.

He had a lot to think on, yeah. And he hoped he'd have time to think on it.

= = = = = = = = = = = Several Hours Later = = = = = = = = = = =​

The time had passed quickly, the Mirrorman thankfully having some foresight in putting their meeting spot relatively close to Alpinn, and soon the group had gathered in the lounge once more in preparation of dropping out of hyperspace. Jashin, for his part, was seated once more with his feet kicked up on the table, looking over the data available on Meerto Fern, their cowardly Rodian.

"Looks like he'll be on a Mining Guild Cutter; light courier, 'bout 20 meters long, twin light laser cannons, light shields. But it's frickin' fast. If he rabbits, this bucket isn't going to keep up. State of the art scanners, comms, and other equipment too. He'd probably get a message out and jump to hyperspace in the time it takes to blink." Jashin swiped through the data, scanning Meerto's biography. Quite a boring man - middle manager, wanted a promotion, so they sent him to the middle of nowhere to shut him up. Also an avid collector of crystals and rocks - maybe the promotion wasn't that horrible to the alien. "Looks like he's stopping on this outer moon to pick up a souvenir. Some kind of rare rock, probably. Flight plan says he won't even be there an hour."

Jashin leaned back, his hands coming up behind his head, before closing his eyes and thinking. "Two options, seems to me. Can jump them on the ground, or we can vent some coolant and send out a limited distress call saying we need help immediately. Either option we can maroon them - be it an escape pod or on the planet. The ship will see us long before we get there, though, so there's that..thoughts?"

Jashin didn't like the ship the alien was traveling in. On one hand, it would look far more authentic if they assumed the alien's place; who would suspect imposters on an official mining guild cutter? Who would think to check that far? But the ship was built, more or less, to defend against exactly what they were trying to do; it was built to run away at speed. If they messed this up...their cover would be blown, and they'd have to explore more forward options.

"Karabast." Cursed Jashin, going over the other profiles and angles. Maybe they could get in through some of the work crews on the station? They were on a freighter after all, but, then, they'd need pass codes. Then there was all the firepower waiting for them. They needed to get on the station, in a place of at least semi-authority; they needed to disable that pesky tractor beam and interceptor missile battery. The security measures. Then there were the ships...the security forces...the marines. "One thing at a time." Muttered Jashin, pinching the bridge of his nose.

Aloy Vizsla Aloy Vizsla Tek Tek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom