Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech MN-B Infiltrator

Status
Not open for further replies.
MN-B INFILTRATOR

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: A form of Light Armor to be worn under regular clothing without drawing attention or being detected.
Image Source: Not Applicable
Canon Link: Thinsuithttp://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Thinsuit
Restricted Missions: Not Applicable
Primary Source: Spidersilk Elastexhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/66720-spidersilk-elastex/

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: Min Dal Company
Affiliation: Closed-Market
Model: Infiltrator
Modularity: Size, shape, coverage
Production: Limited
Material:
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Multi-Purpose
Weight: Very Light | 1 Kilogram
Resistances:
  • Energy: High
  • Kinetic: Very Low
  • Blades: Average
  • Lightsabers: Very Low
  • Elemental: High
  • Environmental: High
SPECIAL FEATURES
  • Enviro-Suit: The Infiltrator is designed more to protect its wearer from hostile environments and effects than to turn them into armored tanks. It provides moderate defenses against heat, cold, high-gravity and gravitic distortions, radiation, chemicals, and acids. It can be used as an Extra-vehicular suit for pilots in extreme situations but only for a short time if the wearer has a breathing apparatus.
Strengths:
  • Shape-Shifter: The armor can be stretched, pulled, or gathered up to shift its shape covering more or less of the body at the wearer’s discretion. This means it can be worn under clothes like shorts, tank tops, strapless dresses or skirts and pulled to be hidden beneath these with ease. It can also be quickly pulled to cover the wearer from neck to toe and seal around them.
  • Undetected: The suit itself, not the wearer or anything else on them, is undetectable on scanners or sensors like those used at customs, hand-held ones, or other such devices. Basically it can be worn and unless given a cavity search it won’t be found or seen.
Weaknesses:
  • Blunt Force: The suit provides almost no defense against solid slugs, strike weapons, and blunt force trauma since it is a skin tight suit with no solid parts.
DESCRIPTION
The MN-B Infiltrator is less designed as a stealth suit like its predecessors but instead as a less obvious form of personal armor. While originally intended to be distributed to operatives as a defensive measure when in public, its abilities as a discrete personnel armor for independent operators, freighter captains, smugglers, and even the wealthy and noble people of the galaxy could not be overlooked.

The suit is made from skin tight, flexible fibers similar to shell spidersilk, and its derivative Spidersilk Elastaxhttp://starwarsrp.net/topic/66720-spidersilk-elastex/, it provides a decent level of energy weapon resistance along with moderate environmental defenses and protections. Also like Spidersilk Elastex the material is able to be stretched and pulled to cover a being of roughly humanoid proportions as well as forming into sleeves where there previously were none and even into gloves, sealing itself together until it is taken off. Where it differs is its ability to collapse into a smaller version of itself such as gathering up the legs or arms which collapse and condense into a wrinkleless article of clothing. It can be formed into something as small as boxer-briefs and then pulled into a full body-stocking at will, provided the wearer is able to manually do so. This allows the suit to be worn under clothing such as tank tops, strapless dresses, shorts, and the like without notice. Some have dubbed them “Armor-Spanx” due to this quality.

Unique to it, the suit itself is undetectable by scans, sensors, security, or other such measures due to any of a variety of sensor blocking substances used in its construction. Anything other than physically seeing the suit is generally considered to be unable to detect it. However, this applies only to the suit and not the person wearing it or anything they may have attempted to conceal inside it.

Sets normally come in black, but are available in any color.

[member="Laira Vereen"] - Before I give this the green stamp of approval, there are some inconsistencies with this submission I'd like to clear up.

The first issue I see with this is the lack of supporting materials that can prove that this submission is able to be undetected. As it stands, Armourweave is an armoured fabric which implies it either uses Ceramic or Metallic based materials to provide some projection against energy weapons. To me, that’s a big red flag should they ever pass through scanners, or be examined by handheld units.

Please expand on the materials section, and the portion of your description that talks about how this submission is able to defeat scanners.

The second is the Biorestorative Underlay link. Was it your intention to flesh out your submission with the minor healing capabilities of that article? If so, please add that to your strengths section.

Finally, I’m curious as to why you’ve linked the Ooglith Cloaker article. Was it your intention to have this submission be inspired by the Yuuzhan Vong biotech?

Please @mention me when you’re finished.

1) I can show you dozens of links of sensor masked materials that are varying degrees better than as described that are incredibly poorly explained as to how they work, as are most canon Sensors. Here are 7 off the top of my head.
Also, your mention of ceramics and metallics is moot as Shell Spider silk, mentioned in the sub, also provides these and is made of a type of silk, not known for having lots of ceramics or metallic substances, nor is armorweave (a cloth) stated as being necessarily metallic or ceramic. Not to mention virtually all star wars stealth tech has no mention of being more or less effective when used on metallics in the first place. Star Wars simply isn't realistic in that sense.

2) Bio Restorative underlay was really just the first link that proves canon backing for armored undergarments.

3) If you've read the submission you've garnered that it can change its shape from relatively small and concealed to a body stocking. Oogliths were also quite capable of similar feats (starting as a puddle and then forming a skin tight fully body suit), again providing at least some canon backing.

Edits Made
Unique to it, the suit itself is undetectable by scans, sensors, security, or other such measures due to any of a variety of sensor blocking substances used in its construction.
[member="Otto Shule"]

[member="Laira Vereen"] - While I appreciate the diligence you’ve put into linking these articles, they hold little bearing on the submission itself. As before your edits, there was nothing in the canon write-up of the linked Armourweave that made mention of it being undetectable. It’s stated that it’s an armoured fabric (Cloth Material), which - as I referred to in my previous post - had the implications of using either ceramic or metallic based material(s). When you use a stand of metal, or perhaps a flexible ceramic and weave it into the fabric, you’re creating a stronger textile, which would be a plausible excuse for how the material can dissipate blaster bolts and offer a limited resistance to lightsabers. But, I digress.

Since you have chosen Shell Spider Silk as your material instead, there is going to be a few changes that will need to be made. First, your quality should not be higher than a 4. Please drop it, as this is considered a very light armour, rather than the medium category it's currently submitted under. Secondly, I will need you to flesh out your strengths section with the capabilities of the Shell Spider Silk so that it’s accurately represented in your submission. Thirdly, I will require another weakness to balance out this submission as it will be strength heavy.

As you have elected to chose the stealth suit article for your second material, please expand your strength and description sections as to how this article of clothing can be undetected. While I understand, from the links you’ve mentioned before, that the canon articles are vague - I believe it’s best to surmise the process to the best of your abilities and have them written down in the submission itself. So others who may use this will know exactly how you believe it works.

Your second and third points are sadly irrelevant to the submission itself, as neither are truly needed. Please remove them, so future users of this submission or those that deign to read this, wouldn’t get the wrong idea.

Thank you.

Please @mention me when you're finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom